Delta FYI

cinmell

DIS Veteran
We're flying on Delta from Boston in May. I happened to be on Delta.com checking skymiles and went to look at my itinerary. I noticed my flights were changed and our seats were now unassigned. Turns out they are switching several of their flights from 737's to 757's. If you have a flight sheduled with Delta coming up, you may want to check to see if any changes have been made.

I am using Skymiles for our trip in December, already reserved the flight from BDL in Hartford to MCO, and requested my seats.

Two days later, I signed up and noticed that our seats are turning up as reserved in the chart, so I am not feeling bad at all.
I have to wait nine days to reserve the outbound flight (we're returning on the 27th of Dec), and then I'll get my tickets for the round trip.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that the problems with Delta are not turning up in all the Delta Express flights, but seem to be from airports changing the size of the planes in the spring. I believe these are Boston and NY.

Flying from Connecticut, they seem to remain as scheduled with no problems so far
::knock on wood::

YES, THAt HAPPENED TO ME TOO,,,
WE ARE ALSO FLYING IN MAY..

I'm flying out of Boston in Nov/Dec and they are already showing 757's for my flights. So far no changes to my itinerary...

I just checked my flights, and while the equipment didn't change, the time of one of the flights changed by 15 minutes, so when I check my itineraries, it comes up as seat not assigned on that segment.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to call the Delta Sky Desk later to have them adjust this. This seems to happen every time the time on the flight changes even by 5 minutes!:rolleyes:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

No problem. The only issue I had was that when I called to have my seats assigned I asked for an earlier return flight than the one the switched me to. After being on hold, the Delta agent came back and said they will change itbut only once free of charge but next time I would have to pay because "I" can't keep changing my flight plans. I reminded her that DELTA changed my flights and didn't notify me!

Also, when she was assigning our seats she had us scattered (we are travelling with a 2 year old) and in the very back of the plane. She told me that was all that was available but I informed her that I was looking at the seating plan for that flight online and there were several rows (I gave her specific row numbers) that were avaibe where the seats were together and closer to the front. She told me I was right and booked the seats I requested. Good luck calling, I was on the phone for over forty five minutes!

I should also add that after the agent switched my tickets she emailed them to me and they were wrong. Turns out she didn't reissue the tickets so I had to go thru the whole process again. Make sure you check your tickets either mail/email to make sure they are correct. I was glad I was still on the phone with her when I received her email.

We ran into that issue of seats not showing up as assigned after a change in flight schedule when I checked our itinerary on line. While the seat assignments didn't show up in the on line itinerary, the agent I spoke to when I called said the seat assignments I had before were still in the computer. He said sometimes they don't show on line after a schedule change, but they were still valid. It was not a problem at all.

I have to say that we also had a flight change with Delta due to the switching of aircraft. When my flight was canceled (thanks to the folks on this board I knew about it!!), I called Delta and got an earlier flight. After several calls I got the seats I wanted. I watched the seat plans and as they came open I called and now I have exactly what I want. I have to say that Delta's people were most responsive to my calls. I actually sent off an email to Delta complimenting their people. Maybe I was just lucky. We'll see how it all shakes out between now and Aug when we leave.

I'm just wondering...all of you who are checking and noticing changes...where do you look? At Delta.com under "my itineraries" somewhere else? Another website? or do you check flight schedules?

I just want to be sure I'm checking the right place.

Thank you!

I'm was checking at the plain ole Delta site. Now, I'm checking 'my itinereries'. Imagine my surprise this morning when I was in the regular site and couldn't find my flights. Went to 'my itin' and they were still there. Now, I'm curious. I change the parameters of my search and up pops my flights. However.....the fare has changed from $199 to $301. Yikes. But, I'm sure it will go back down again. It always does. I'm just glad I'm booked already.

Well I have one for you ... my family of four were flying from South Bend, IN to Las Vegas - stop-over in Cinncinati the day after Christmas on Delta. I had purchased the tickets in April with seat assignments. Twice I phoned to double check on seat assignments, etc. The night before I checked the SkyMiles itinerary and it showed no change.

Arrived at the airport 2 hours early and was told my family was on stand-by and didn't have seats!!!

I ended up taking a voucher with a promise of getting into LV 20 min before the family (they found other volunteers for the other three seats) ... got to the American desk and they told me I didn't have a seat!!! All flights suddenly got overbooked because of the big Christmas day snowstorm in the East. To make a long story short -- I had to take a bus to O'Hare in Chicago to catch a flight ... arrival in Las Vegas --- SIX HOURS AFTER MY FAMILY!!! The message to my family got garbled and they didn't know where I was so passed up on $400/each vouchers to take a later flight from Cincinnati (overbooked by 40 people!!!!).

I know someone who's father used to work for Delta and she thinks that someone at Delta screwed up!!!

I will NEVER show up at the airport again without checking, checking, and checking that we have seats!!!!!

It's not just Delta. DW, DS and myself are flying in may out of Newark, nj to Orlando. Made our reservations in November for may. Got an email from Orbitz a month ago that my iternary had changed. Continental had changed the outbound flight time from 8:30Pm to 5:00pm. Now DW and I have to take a 1/2 a day from work or re-schedule the flight. Well we re-scheduled for the next day (Saturday) 8:30am getting to Orlando at 11:15am. Not bad, we keep an extra vacation day and they did'nt charge us to change the tickets. So It's not just Delta, all the airlines are trying to find ways to skimp.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

Everyone should check there tickets online and see if there flight changed. My flight home changed and was told we were on the new flight but no seats assigned to us. An excellent rep fixed it very nicely for us.

beattyfamily
its under your itineries. If flight has even a minor change it may show up as unconfirmed seats. On delta the reality is that it just isn't showing up but the seats haven't changed. I have found delta to be very customer friendly having tried several awful experiences with AA.

Originally posted by disnurse
beattyfamily
its under your itineries. If flight has even a minor change it may show up as unconfirmed seats. On delta the reality is that it just isn't showing up but the seats haven't changed. I have found delta to be very customer friendly having tried several awful experiences with AA.

Well, then I think I'm ok. Everything always looks the same when I go check under "your itineries"...

I thought maybe it wouldn't show up there right away so I thought I should also be looking somewhere else that is more up-to-date.

To do a spot check to see if your flights still exist, begin an attempt to make an Unrestricted reservation for the same dates and times. (Don't finish making such a reservation) This almost always will cause the flights to show up. While doing a regular reservation, only the flights with cheap seats still available might show up, so you are startled because your flights did not show up.

If your flights still don't show up, then start digging deeper into the airline web site or call the 800 number.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned

To check your flights on a regular basis AND especially at seasonal/time change periods in the year. Schedule changes occur most frequently at the latter times. I routinely check our "itinerary" online about 1-2x per week.

I haven't made a Delta flight yet that wasn't changed in some fashion after booking. Usually our seats are deleted and I have to call and get them re-assigned. On our past two trips, I've actually changed the flight times and once even the day of departure due to the flight schedule changes. We have NEVER been notified and I've only caught the changes through my own vigilence. OTOH, Delta has ALWAYS been extremely helpful in making the changes, rearranging flights, etc.

I'm already expecting problems with our outbound flight since it isn't showing up when I do a regular search. The flight is still showing up as a "scheduled" flight, but I can't get it to pop up any longer (stopped showing up the day after I booked). I'll just keep an eye on it though and see what happens. ;)

For those of you interested -- We just got $600 in additional vouchers ($800 total) for the fiasco of our Dec 26th trip from Delta.

This was in response to an e-mail message I sent to their customer service department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter