Delta No Change Fees

I've had the hardest time getting in contact with Delta today! I attempted to change the flight myself online and the app this morning, with no success. When I first called this AM, I was told I'd be put in a queue and could expect a call back in 6 hours. Fast word to 4 hours, I got impatient and tried to call again. This time my call when straight to the post-phone call customer representative survey. 🙄 So I gave up and waited until the 6 hours had passed. I then tried to call again and was told it'd be ANOTHER 6 hour wait before I received a call back OR I could press 2 to take myself out of line and then placed BACK at the end of the line (because that makes total sense). Out of frustration I then tried to cancel my flight for a refund (credit) to re-book the flight myself. Nope, no such luck. I then went to Twitter to try my hand at sending them a DM and tweeting at them. So here I am, well over 12 hours later and still haven't been able to get ahold of a customer service rep. 😭

I'm happy to see some of you were able to get through! I guess the best option is to try calling again tomorrow morning and just staying on hold until someone answers...

I saw a post on another thread that someone was able to get a refund for their Basic Economy tickets. Anyone else had luck with this?

I left my phone number yesterday at 3:30. The message said approx 6 hour wait. I haven't received a call back yet!

I left my phone number yesterday at 3:30. The message said approx 6 hour wait. I haven't received a call back yet!
Same! I left my number yesterday at 10:00 AM and still haven't received a call. I did get an email last night saying they were prioritizing people with flights in the next 72 hours. I just wish the app/website would work and I'd make the change myself!

Update: It looks like Delta fixed their website. I was finally had the option to change or cancel my flight via their site today! I ended up canceling and got an eCertificate for a future flight. Just in case anyone else had trouble calling, you can use the website now!

Update: It looks like Delta fixed their website. I was finally had the option to change or cancel my flight via their site today! I ended up canceling and got an eCertificate for a future flight. Just in case anyone else had trouble calling, you can use the website now!
good to know. we have re-booked our April trip for October but have not tried to contact Delta as it was not as urgent as others who are traveling the last few days.
Would prefer to be able to changed the flights for October on their website.

I am glad you were able to make your modification online.

I still can't. I haven't tried canceling my first modification and buy a new flight because I don't want to lose that money.

I keep getting this error message,
Oh no! We're sorry, but we are unable to process this request online. Please contact Delta Reservations at 1-800-221-1212 for assistance.

So...I've been calling every day, like everyone else, and have been put on hold.

I checked Delta's website today and I saw this:
"To allow even more flexibility, any Delta ticket expiring in March or April is being extended to enable rebooking and travel until Dec. 31, 2020. Whenever your travel may be, rest assured that all changes will be processed and applicable credits will be issued; if you don’t take your flight, your ticket number automatically becomes an unused eCredit within 24 hours. We promise to work through these issues and sincerely appreciate your patience."

I am glad you were able to make your modification online.

I still can't. I haven't tried canceling my first modification and buy a new flight because I don't want to lose that money.

I keep getting this error message,

So...I've been calling every day, like everyone else, and have been put on hold.
I am in the same boat only I am a nurse and have only been able to be on hold for 17 minutes before something more pressing came up.
I am hoping it gets fixed soon. Modify online would be easy and it would be an iota of reassurance to know that at the end of working the pandemic I will have the hope of a vacation.

I was on hold for 2-hours and 2-minutes and I heard a voice call my name from my phone and I almost jumped out of my chair while I was watching TV.

I was able to make the second modification to my return Delta flight to Atlanta on May 1, 2020, for $80.05.

I don't know if I got credit for my first modification in February for a Delta Service Charge of $200.00.

But my Delta receipt this time showed $0.00 for a Delta Service Charge.

I didn't ask a second time because I was so happy to hear someone on the phone to help me and it only cost me $80.05.

The person I talked to sounded very calm and relaxed. He was very helpful and knowledgeable, too. I gave him five stars on the survey after our conversation ended.

Best wishes to everyone.

I am in the same boat only I am a nurse and have only been able to be on hold for 17 minutes before something more pressing came up.
I am hoping it gets fixed soon. Modify online would be easy and it would be an iota of reassurance to know that at the end of working the pandemic I will have the hope of a vacation.

I was able to get a refund today.
  • I cancelled my tickets back in mid March because we were not able to travel due to the schools in our area banning travellers from school for two weeks. At that time I received a credit.
  • I checked online today and my original flights for April were cancelled. (They weren't last week) So I decided to call and ask if I could apply for a refund to my credit card.
  • The agent said they could not issue a refund as my tickets were nonrefundable.
  • I asked to speak to a supervisor and she issued a refund.
I just thought I would let others know since it is difficult to predict how long it will be until Disney reopens.

Hi, 40ariel.

I'm happy you were able to get a refund.

I called and went on Delta's Twitter private messaging and I was able to get an email response and a confirmation number of my message.

In several days, Delta sent another email with a link in which I could explain my situation.

I was trying to modify my ECP to ATL Delta one-way flight for a 2nd & 3rd time. The first time I was able to do it online, but I was directed to call instead. I guess Delta only allows one online modification.

The 2nd modification they charged me the Delta $200.00 Modification Service Charge with the final cost of $110.10.

I was able to get a refund check for that $110.10, but since I'm not home, I don't know if I received it.

Since the last Delta flight change back to my home was made, COVID-19 has gotten worse and expected even more so on my final arrival home.

So, I am hoping I can stay another month here to avoid the estimated peak of COVID-19.

I guess I am lucky that I have been here since before the crisis started. PCB is a desert now. No Spring Break guests, no tourists. The beaches and restaurants were closed on 03/20 and now the front desk, pools, and all amenities are all closed where I'm staying. But, I have a balcony to the Gulf and I am okay for my age and my health and solo. No cough. No fever, etc. And I can get around in my wheelchair.

I hope everyone else is able to get their refunds for either their cancellation or modification per your airline's policies.

And I hope everyone stays safe.

Just be persistent.

• I cancelled my tickets back in mid March because we were not able to travel due to the schools in our area banning travellers from school for two weeks. At that time I received a credit.
  • I checked online today and my original flights for April were cancelled. (They weren't last week) So I decided to call and ask if I could apply for a refund to my credit card.
  • The agent said they could not issue a refund as my tickets were nonrefundable.
I just thought I would let others know since it is difficult to predict how long it will be until Disney reopens.

I was on hold for 2-hours and 2-minutes and I heard a voice call my name from my phone and I almost jumped out of my chair while I was watching TV.

I was able to make the second modification to my return Delta flight to Atlanta on May 1, 2020, for $80.05.

I don't know if I got credit for my first modification in February for a Delta Service Charge of $200.00.

But my Delta receipt this time showed $0.00 for a Delta Service Charge.

I didn't ask a second time because I was so happy to hear someone on the phone to help me and it only cost me $80.05.

The person I talked to sounded very calm and relaxed. He was very helpful and knowledgeable, too. I gave him five stars on the survey after our conversation ended.

Best wishes to everyone.

Thank you for giving an update! I had canceled my flight as well and received a credit for a future flight. However I just noticed my flight was also canceled by Delta in the end so I just requested a refund as I have no trips planned for the future so don't have a use for an eCertificate. I'll post an update if my refund is approved or not!

we are booked BOS-MCO April 21-28, WDW reservation has been rescheduled for October. Am I better off waiting to see if Delta cancels our flights and then ask for a refund? If we can't travel in October not sure we could use the tickets by 12/31/20.
other option is to rebook for October now.

we are booked BOS-MCO April 21-28, WDW reservation has been rescheduled for October. Am I better off waiting to see if Delta cancels our flights and then ask for a refund? If we can't travel in October not sure we could use the tickets by 12/31/20.
other option is to rebook for October now.
Did you check today if they are cancelled? I only see one direct flight from BOS-MCO on April 21 and one from MCO-BOS on April 28 on their website.

Did you check today if they are cancelled? I only see one direct flight from BOS-MCO on April 21 and one from MCO-BOS on April 28 on their website.
yes, those are the flights we are on. Delta us changed to those on Monday.

Delta us changed to those on Monday.
Those were your original flight numbers or Delta moved you to those flights?
I see that Delta 1710 BOS to MCO was cancelled on Tuesday March 31 and Wednesday April 1, but departed today at 9:22am.

this was actually the 2nd time they changed our flights since I booked back in October; first was in December. Until Monday Flight on 4/21 was @ 12:36PM, return on 4/28 @ 11:42PM. so one number changed, one was a change in departure time.

Am I better off waiting to see if Delta cancels our flights and then ask for a refund?
You could call and ask to apply for a refund now. 800-221-1212 is the number I called. The agent could not issue a refund so I asked to speak to a supervisor about applying for a refund. She was able to issue the refund immediately. I had the confirmation email in my inbox before the call ended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter