Deluxe solo?

Eeyore_lives

Earning My Ears
I was just curious if there were solo travellers out there who have really splurged and done a solo trip at one of the deluxes... or do most folks take the less expensive option while travelling solo and stay at the values or moderates?

On one trip I travelled with two girlfriends and stayed at POR, but I've only stayed at the values while travelling solo due to the cost. I'd love to stay at a deluxe resort, but as a solo the prices seem a tad steep (this could be my Scottish blood showing through! :rolleyes: ). I don't really know anyone who'd want to go on a trip to WDW, let alone on a deluxe trip to WDW - hence, the solo trips! So, most likely when I do stay at a deluxe it will be as a solo... just wondering if there were folks out there who've done a solo trip at a deluxe? If so, which one did you enjoy most as a solo?

Some day............ ::yes::

Eeyore,
I'm headed on my first solo trip in like 9 days! I really wanted to stay at a Deluxe, but it was just too expensive for me to foot the bill by myself this time! I'm thinking about a trip right around labor day or shortly after and it will probably be a solo trip unless I convince someone to go with me! I was thinking of doing a split stay at BC or YC and AKL! AKL has so much to do there and there are a lot of CMS that you can talk to at the various lookout points for the animals. I will just have to book my hotel start making monthly payments and crossing my fingers for AP rates!

I leave soon for my second solo trip. My first one I stayed at the Swan and loved it. This time I am splitting my stay between the Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk Villas. I got an Ap rate of $109.00 for Wilderness Lodge and rented points from a DVC member for a studio at the Boardwalk. I'm staying 6 night deluxe for less than $800.00 total. Not too bad if you ask me. If you shop around, you can make it more affordable. Consider renting points and staying at one of the DVC properties.

All of my solos have been and will be spent at Deluxe Hotels. I prefer the dining and transportation aspects at the deluxe hotels, more than I let the price worry me. That being said, have you ever considered renting points from a DVC member so you could stay at the BWV or VWL? those are intergrated into deluxes.

Welcome to the DIS, Eeyore Lives! :wave:

I have done solo trips to deluxe resorts three times (or more like two and half). The first time, I got an unbelievable rate at the Beach Club because I had been reservations to stay at the POFQ when they closed it for renovations, and I wound up paying around $130 for that stay. The second trip was a split stay with two nights at the CBR and three at the Boardwalk--cost me a lot of money but it was fun. The third trip was a week at the Swan.

I say if you are overly concerned about the money, consider splitting a stay, staying the first few nights at a value, and then cap it off with two or three nights at a Deluxe.

Karen

I've traveled solo many times to the Dolphin (love the convenience of walking to Epcot!) and one solo trip to AKL. I love both resorts, and, if your budget can afford it, I'd reccomend a deluxe solo trip in a heartbeat.

Have a great trip!

I just did a solo at the BWI back in Dec. and I loved it. Usually my solo trips are moderate resorts (or staying with friends in Orlando). But I have to admit, I didn't pay full price. A CM friend got me the CM discount at the resort and that made it more affordable.

If I had the budget, even if it might mean making it a day or two shorter, I would do a deluxe again.

For mods, I alway try to choose POFQ though.

Doing my second solo trip to WDW this month -- JAN 18 thru JAN 25. Last trip I did the economical thing and stayed at a value resort -- AS Sports. Decided to splurge a bit this trip and have booked WL. Got the AP rate, so cost is not bad at all. Wanted someplace with a nicer pool since Typhoon Lagoon is closed for maintenance (and I really love that place!).

OKW studio if you rent points from a DVC member for travel during Jan, Sept, Oct, most of Nov & Dec, will be $80 (at $10 a point) or $88 (at $11 a point).

the studios at VWL, BCV, BWV (preferred view) - will be $120 or $132 during the same time, however I really recommend these for solos - why - instead of 2 queen beds (OKW) - they have one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa - since you are a solo - this is a great setup for you. all have balconies.

however if cost is a problem stay at OKW (I certainly do!!!)

summer, spring break, Easter and the week before, May, Christmas to NY will all be more.

spiceycat points out the wonderful price you can get by renting DVC points from a member. ALSO, remember that the price for those points is a final price - no tax like you have to add on to a hotel rate (is it something like 12%?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter