Describe the worst dining experince in Orlando..

kevin harrison

DIS Veteran
Trying to think (again) of threads that are original..

Mine was Charlie's Steakhouse. The rudest server ever. Totally looked down on us and was very rude to my daughter. The steak wasn't even that clever..

2 that stick out in my memory, 1 onsite & 1 offsite.

Offsite was Golden Corral, server was horrible, either on drugs or a really bad cold, sniffling, sneezing, running eyes etc. hardly saw her, had to get our own plates. Didn't leave a tip and she came after us shouting "Don't English know how to tip?"

Onsite, last year Cali Grill, maybe after all the hype I expected too much plus we couldn't get a reservation until 9:30pm so really hungry by this time. Sat under Aircon so freezing, Waiter was not interested took over 2 hours for 2 courses, asked for food quickly and not wait for fireworks to finish, still didn't arrive until after fireworks. Only meal on DDP we were still hungry after we had eaten.

My two have both had really good reviews by everyone else

Offsite - Outback Steakhouse at Formosa Gardens Boulevard - food was OK but as soon as server knew we weren't buying alcohol (and therefore increasing our bill) he practically ignored us but was fawning over another British family who were drinking.

Onsite - Crystal Palace buffet breakfast - almost total lack of characters for the whole 50 minutes that we were eating. We had to hang around after we had finished eating to see anyone apart from Piglet who was stationed in the buffet area.

In both cases the food was good but we were disappointed with our experiences.

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant at Downtown Disney. Went for lunch with a few friends (6 of us) and had a reservation. A few of us were early and asked if we could be seated already and have a drink: NO, can only be seated when everyone is there. Now I can understand this if it's busy, but there were only 2 other tables in the whole restaurant with people.
Food was mediocre at best, server rushed us through, started clearing plates and bringing the bill before everyone was done. Not impressed.

One of the worst meals we've had was at Le Cellier on our last trip! I know everyone raves about this place.

We arrived and waited about 45 min, there were tons of people arriving after us with later reservations and only waited a few minutes, we asked the check in server after we'd been there around 25min and she told us to wait and it wouldn't be long (she didn't even check the system) we asked about 40min later and her attitude was terrible.
When we finally sat down we waited 15 min to be served and didn't even get any bread.... DH steak was terrible and if we hadn't been on the DP we would of walked out.

This was by far the worst service and meal we've had in Orlando, maybe we were expecting too much as we had been trying to get a ressie there for the last couple of trips.

Coral Reef, had to wait over 30 mins for our table, there were no seats to wait, we were seated at a great seat by the big tank, unfortuently a rude family from the top level kept letting their children climb over our seats to take photos of the fish and put their faces up against the glass. Sooooo rude!

Food was ok, but very quick. We really excited about this ADR but we wouldnt go back....

Were not really impressed with Crystal Palace either, the food was just ok and the characters took ages to get around to us. The server was rather odd and told me I was too young to be engaged (I'm 26 and its none of her business :rotfl:).

My two have both had really good reviews by everyone else

Offsite - Outback Steakhouse at Formosa Gardens Boulevard - food was OK but as soon as server knew we weren't buying alcohol (and therefore increasing our bill) he practically ignored us but was fawning over another British family who were drinking.

Onsite - Crystal Palace buffet breakfast - almost total lack of characters for the whole 50 minutes that we were eating. We had to hang around after we had finished eating to see anyone apart from Piglet who was stationed in the buffet area.

In both cases the food was good but we were disappointed with our experiences.

Not sure which Outback we went to but I got that impression too - there were 4 of us and we didn't all drink, she kept trying to push the specials n us and even said that she would win a competition or something. I think they get incentives to sell more alcoholic drinks :confused3

Such a shame about CP - we've enjoyed the character interaction there every time we've been (I think 3 times, breakfast and dinner).

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant at Downtown Disney. Went for lunch with a few friends (6 of us) and had a reservation. A few of us were early and asked if we could be seated already and have a drink: NO, can only be seated when everyone is there. Now I can understand this if it's busy, but there were only 2 other tables in the whole restaurant with people.
Food was mediocre at best, server rushed us through, started clearing plates and bringing the bill before everyone was done. Not impressed.

We ate at Captain Jacks - hated it. I got a beef sanwich and it was all soggy (not sure if it was supposed to be like that but I hate soggy bread :scared:), the waitress was rude, there was a hair in the sandwich and I think something I ate there made me sick (I could barely eat anything at our dinner at Spoodles)

We've had bad service at the Sci-Fi Dine In, the waitress was in a major hurry, we didn't dare order a dessert :eek: Then when we were outside (in the smoking area) we saw her rush out the back door, obviously she had been due to finish and we were holding her up :laughing:

But considering all the places we've eaten I think it's pretty good ;)

Our worst meal lst trip was Boma breakfast.

Maybe one of the issues was my fault for doing the buffet in the order that seems most natural (starting at meats on the right and following round) but by the time I got to the omelette station and waited over 10 minutes for my omelette everything else on my plate was stone cold. I felt so bad wasting it, but freezing cold skillet potatoes aren't tasty.

The food was fine, but our server was truly awful. He had maybe 7 tables to wait on in our section, half way through the meal we both were ready for more juice, but he never appeared again, by the end of our meal all the tables round us had no one at them, but were piled high with dirty buffet plates. Really not a nice atmosphere to eat in.

There were still people waiting to be seated, and a queue at the buffet, but tables round us stcked with dishes that could have been taken by new customers.

Dinner there was fabulous though, so you win some you lose some I guess.

The Ponderosa Just off site. You pay for your meal before you eat, even though it is a sit down place.. and it was very busy.. I ordered a steak and lobster that took so long to arrive (45 minutes) that my family had finished their meal and had to wait for me. I was constantly assured my meal would be right out... i almost feel the cook took a drive to the ocean and fished it out himself, and to top it off every time i spoke with the manager, he would just say "You did order the Steak and Lobster, that takes time, what did you expect!"

I'm really struggling to think which with 10 plus trips to Florida says something I think (or maybe i'm not picky)

We've had just ok and we wont go back but nothing truely truely dreadful.

Chevys, crossroads - food cold sent back and came back and they had reheated the lot - lettuce included - wont go back.

Onsite coral reef my fish was raw in the middle - sent back and again the whole dish had been reheated so my rice was crispy. Maybe a revisit but i'll order something else.

My pasta at CRT was watery - barely touched it and I disliked the chocolate buckle -tasted like a stale microwaved chocolate muffin - my worse meal onsite last trip and my only 2TS one.

Weirdest server was at Dennys in florida keys. We ended up with two servers fighting over who could bring us it the fastest and two lots of everything! We were early 20's and certainly didn't look like we were going to be fabulous tippers or anything - goodness knows what was going on!

I would say Golden Corrall, worst place ive eaten, not just in Florida but anywhere in my life, food all over the floor, plastic plates, the food wasnt awful, it was edable....but would never step through there doors again

Hard Rock on our first visit ~ nothing wrong with the food, it was our server who was so miserable, not bad enough to complain about but not the service we'd got everywhere else. We had the free meal given with Virgin Holidays at the time so maybe he thought we weren't going to tip? :confused3 then to top it off the toilets were filthy. :mad:

The other one was La Tangierine at Epcot ~ I was really looking forward to one of their platters but don't think I've ever come across anything as slimy and disgusting in my life! :eek:

We didn't have any bad experiences last trip, apart from the server at Tusker House. She was so bad, I had to ask another server where ours was after waiting for her to come back after twenty minutes to pick the bill/kttw card up

offsite -
ihop on international drive
food was luke warm, ordered orange juice, glass had drips of milk round the rim, (either hadn't been cleaned or emptied and refilled.)

onsite
Resturantuarus (i think, burger place near dinosaur)
food was ok nothing special, but spent the entire afternoon feeling full sweaty and bloated to the point of queasiness after only a burger and fries. Not fun on day one

Liberty Tree Tavern - worst server ever. I had pre - requested a vegetarian entree and confirmed that with the server on arrival. No problem. Well she came out with family style platter and left, I assumed to fetch my dish. That was the last we saw of her for at least 45 minutes, no food for me, no drink refills, no nothing. When she was gathering the plates I mentionned that there was no point bringing my dish then. No apology or remorse, just "Are you sure you don't want it?" :mad:

I can easily forgive the mistake of not bringing it, but not the lack of service or apology. I spoke to the manager on the way out, just to highlight, not wanting anything. But she insisted on refunding my whole meal, even though I had had drinks, starter, desert and mountains of bread. Good service from her.

2 that stick out in my memory, 1 onsite & 1 offsite.

Offsite was Golden Corral, server was horrible, either on drugs or a really bad cold, sniffling, sneezing, running eyes etc. hardly saw her, had to get our own plates. Didn't leave a tip and she came after us shouting "Don't English know how to tip?"

Onsite, last year Cali Grill, maybe after all the hype I expected too much plus we couldn't get a reservation until 9:30pm so really hungry by this time. Sat under Aircon so freezing, Waiter was not interested took over 2 hours for 2 courses, asked for food quickly and not wait for fireworks to finish, still didn't arrive until after fireworks. Only meal on DDP we were still hungry after we had eaten.

I would say Golden Corrall, worst place ive eaten, not just in Florida but anywhere in my life, food all over the floor, plastic plates, the food wasnt awful, it was edable....but would never step through there doors again

Golden Corrall is where a server stole my wifes bag with my camera and lenses. While we were waiting for the police I saw him carry a Tesco carrier bag to his car (there were two in the bag).
I followed him back inside and asked him to come outside. When he refused, I quietly told him if he didn't I would drag him out and smash his face into the wall.

He started crying and begged me not to tell the manager. We went outside to his car and gave me everything back. I went looking for him last year for the hell of it but he has moved to a different location.

David

Golden Corrall is where a server stole my wifes bag with my camera and lenses. While we were waiting for the police I saw him carry a Tesco carrier bag to his car (there were two in the bag).
I followed him back inside and asked him to come outside. When he refused, I quietly told him if he didn't I would drag him out and smash his face into the wall.

He started crying and begged me not to tell the manager. We went outside to his car and gave me everything back. I went looking for him last year for the hell of it but he has moved to a different location.

David

:scared1: That is awful. Good for you!

David

Holy cow :scared1:

Touch wood, while I might have had the odd mediocre meal which I've just not been terribly bothered to go back to, I can't really think of any that was outright terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter