Describe your wonderful meal at Citrico

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
And have you done the wine pairing?

I am still waffling back and forth between here and Narcoossee's, but Citrico just looks so beautiful, I want to eat there!

I also no longer care about seeing the fireworks from the restaurant, as I'm sure we'll see them at some point during our stay at the GF.

Now let's have those details! TIA!

As much as I enjoy the California Grill, I have to say that my two meals at Citricos top it. Citricos consistently offers the best service and meal in WDW.

Since the chef changes the menu every week, it's hard to recommend a entree. Go for the wine pairings, even though you might be staggering by the time you leave :) . If you see the quail or warm goat-cheese salad as appetizers; or the braised lamb or NY strip steak as entrees, be sure to order them.

I'd describe it as an urban dining room in a luxury hotel, which is to say that I would definitely leave the children behind. The atmosphere is much less frenetic than the CG's, and I'd like to keep it that way :)

Service is about the best I've had in WDW. Friendly, knowledgable wait staff, some of whom have been at the restaurant since its previous incarnation as Flagler's.

This restaurant is one of WDW's best-kept secrets - it doesn't get the attention the CG gets - and I'm sworn to uphold this :)

OOOOOO - Thanks! I'm dying to go! We will have our kids with us, as we will be celebrating DH's birthday, but they are older, and act appropriately at restaurants.

I will love doing the wine pairing - then I'll stagger back to our room! LOL!

Anyone else? How about the desserts? Any recommendations?

I'm not much help - my meal at Citricous was a wedding, so it wasn't the typical menu. But it WAS delicious and very different. (It was steak, that much I do know!) Nice setting, too.

We ended up trying Narcossee's in December, which was also very nice. We got a table facing the castle - a great view for my DH! And the food was good, both my steak and DH's tuna. I don't think we had dessert, though.

Mrs. Uncleromulus always does the wine pairing at Citricos and ranks it only below the one at V&A.
Been a year since we've done Citrico's (it's on our list for October)
but I can heartily recommend the Paprika/Honey Pork Tenderloin.
Should add their beer list isn't much---

I dont' even know where to begin. Citrico's has always offered top notch food and service. Service being the key here, we've been consistently diappointed with the service at Narcooses. We've had some OK service there, but none that was stellar, and actually a couple times it's been poor.

We ate at Citrico a little over a month ago, and went with the chef's reccomendations. Absolutely incredible food!!! And Aicha was our server, she was every bit as good as Ron and Shelly who are both at Jiko, and two of the finest servers at WDW by a landslide.

We're eating at Citrico's on July 2nd, and can't wait to go back!

Anne

Here is the review from my February newsletter:

Citricos is definitely still high on my list when it comes to Disney dining. It offers one of the best wine lists around, cutting-edge cuisine, and beautiful surroundings. Besides, who isn’t just looking for an excuse to visit Disney’s Grand Floridian resort?

We began our meal with a lovely Lobster Bisque followed by an excellent Warm Goat Cheese, Frisee, and Marinated Tomato Salad. I chose an outstanding appetizer of Sauteed Shrimp with lemon, white wine and feta cheese as my entree (I often do this when others are dining with me since I fill up quickly by tasting every one else’s food!), and my husband could not have been more pleased with his Roasted Duck Breast accompanied by a yummy corn and zucchini pudding. Dessert was a light Lemon Cheese Cake surrounded by fruit and a raspberry coulis. Once again, an almost perfect meal.

Okay - no need to twist my arm now! Citrico it is! Thanks for your advice!

citricos is a must do every trip for us, even if we don't have a meal it's an absolute for the dessert, i always have the warm banana chocolate torte, this is so pretty i'm almost sorry to eat it, i've even taken a picture of this dessert and printed an 8x10, plus i love real rich coffee and always get the press pot with it
what i really like is they have a couple of tables near the entrance that seem to be reserved for dessert, we've never had a problem doing this, quite often late, near the end of dining hours
pirate:

V & A is a category on its own, but between Narcoosee's and Citricos, I'd choose Citricos without hesitation.

Would you say a meal would cost around $200 for two (if you go with the wine pairings), when all is said and done?

It does sound good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter