Destash 2023 Use it or lose it

I'm not honestly sure if it's dishwasher safe. When we got married (32 years ago this summer), we registered for everyday dishes and china. We registered for pfaltzgraff everyday dishes and I still use them all these years later. Every now and then I think about getting a new set of dishes, but I really still like them and decide against it.

Check Replacements LTD. They buy and sell all kinds of China including Pfaltzgraff. They say if you have more then 12 identical pieces of one particular pattern (like 12 plates) they would like to hear from you! Replacements contact form
My parents have a ton of the Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne pattern including serving platters and the like, but none of us kids really like it, so they will probably end up there...

Since I just found this thread, I'm:
0/500

It's Friday, and literally any progress is better than last week!

books - 2
products used up - 5
craft supplies - 1 bag
misc - 1

1720/500 Items

May Totals: Not a very productive month :(
Maybe June will be better, hopfully!

1 partial notepad - used up
1 refill bottle of hand sanitizer - used up
1 gift card - used up and recycled

1 dried up marker - trashed
1 pair of socks - trashed

5 itmes left the house
139 of 500 total or 27.8% of goal

4 books donated. My ds said a patient asked him for something to read at the hospital.
On a sad note, the sweet lady I used to give most of my books to passed away. Her husband said to me at the funeral- what am I going to do with all those books. (He lives about 1/4 mile away from the library)

Goal Tracker:

188 of 500
items were either sold, donated, thrown out, given away, used or lost.

Sold: 21

Donated: 98

Threw Out: 62

Gave to Someone: 0

Used: 6

Returned: 1

Lost: 0

Listing Progress:

Listed Online: 80 items

To List Online: 535 items

Reality Check:
Added to Clutter: 2-3 items (jeans - will count when I get to that box)

PS
I also worked on "e-clutter." I deleted 4,000+ emails and sorted 1,900 photos into folders.

Last edited:
Dd had gone threw her room. So some Clothes went to a friend, Some went to resell, and some scarves went to Goodwill, along with a printer.

I took her ottoman from her college dorm room, and her folders from college, the magazine holders that she used for her folders at school and the matching pencil holder, unused pencils and over the door close hanger, and over the door mirror, chemistry goggles and a pair of boots to my friend whose grandchild is going to the college that DD graduated from.

And an old pump large water gun went to great nephew. And 3 books to my sister.

More clothes going out. Pens and pencils. 6 old trophies.
DD was here and emptied out her chest of drawers. She has moved out.

DS has graduated and is here currently. He only had one small chest for clothes in his room, and then one of those 6 square cubes things that was DDs just stored in his room.
Tonight that thing went downstairs (since DD also took or got rid of the stuff from it this weekend). The small chest went into the closet. And the chest of drawer went into DS room. That room looks nice :)

June and bir better than last month

4 dried up dry erase markers - trashed
3 cardboard boxes - recycled
1 pair of bluetooth headphones - trashed/replaced
1 pair of corded headphones - gave to nephew
500 comic books - sold

509 itmes left the house
648 of 500 total or 129.6% of goal

Goal Tracker:

235 of 500
items were either sold, donated, thrown out, given away, used or lost.

Sold: 21

Donated: 129

Threw Out: 78

Gave to Someone: 0

Used: 6

Returned: 1

Lost: 0

Listing Progress:

Listed Online: 80 items

To List Online: 535 items

Reality Check:
Added to Clutter: 2-3 items (jeans - will count when I get to that box)

PS
I also worked on "e-clutter." I deleted 7,000+ emails and sorted 1,900 photos into folders.

over the last few days i binge watched the entire recent season of 'hoarders' :faint: talk about providing the nudge to get rid of stuff:worship: i've now got a daybed covered with-

a massive bag of blankets (animal shelter)

appliances i have not used in years (vet's charity)-popcorn maker, ice cream maker, spiralizer, fondu pot, electric turkey roaster (all in near new condition and i still have the old manuals to go with them-kind of an ocd thing with me)

serving dishes (vet's charity)

odds and ends of dishes (vet's charity)

500 comic books - sold

i FINALLY got my husband to start doing an invantory of his so i can stow it in the safety deposit box.

Not there yet, never mind :D
I started to type up my Friday post, but it's not yet Friday. Of course, this thing doesn't let me delete a post...

July update, another slow month!

1 T-Shirt - trashed

1 grocery bag of asserted paperwork - shredded and recycled

3 itmes left the house
651 of 500 total or 130.2% of goal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter