DH getting Deployed

Stephieann

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>Oh no....he is M
DH is leaving Monday Jan 8th to be gone for about 9 months. He will have to go to California for training for 6 weeks then off to Iraq for 6 months. This is my first time to go through this. I know the DISboard has soon alot of support some people in all kind of situations. I know i will have a great support group here!!!

Hello!

My DH hs been deployed since Aug 2006 and will be for a year. Last year he was in Korea for a year. It's my first sandbox deployment being married to him. Welcome to the deployment club, it's hard but it does get easier. I'm here if you ever need to talk or have any questions. There is a few of us here.

Stay Strong & enjoy your time with him.:goodvibes

my brother's best friend , who is pretty much like a brother to me, is deploying again in a couple of weeks. last time he was deployed 8 months, this time is supposed to be 6 or 7. People on the boards were so helpful when he was deployed before

*sigh* My heart is so sad every time I read about another deployment. Prayers said.

DH is in school for another yearish, so we aren't looking at another deployment until 2008. Our turn will come all too soon, though.

6 months isnt so long-you will do fine. There is excellent support on this board-and i might suggest you check out the military life and community boards at military.com-there is a great support group there-and if you ever have questions send me a pm-ive done this way too much-my brother, my brother in law, my DH and my dearest friend have all been-one or more times-so i have some good experience-and ive learned when not to panic.

Thanks for all the support. I will keep in touch on here.

My thoughts are with you! :hug:
I have been in your shoes (many times).. we are hear for you if you need anything.:)

Just wanted to add my support for you and yours- Please let your dh know that our thoughts and prayers are with your family and how much we appreciate him- . :grouphug:

I am a deployed mom. I have been gone for 4 months now and was blessed to be able to see my little boys (and hubby) for the holidays. We went to MK for New Years Eve.

I miss them all terribly but I am very proud of what I do. While we were in Disney World, hubby and decided to buy SSR. Could only afford 150 points but I am so excited just thinking about it.

Thank you to all whom support us and our families.:thumbsup2

My husband was a seabee. He past away last week, just 6 months after he got back.
My husband deployed last october I thought it would be the end of the world. It was for about a month. Start getting emails from other wives in the unit. Contact each other everyday for the 1st couple of weeks, trust me it will help. You will all be feeling the same emotions. It is scary and your heart is going to hurt but you will get thru it.

If you need me I am here.

It looks like from your countdown that today is the day, my husband is deployed to Iraq for a year right now, and I know how hard the day they leave is, please know my thoughts are with you today. Please feel free to PM me if you ever just need an ear. :grouphug:

My husband was deployed for about 17 months. It was hard, but we got through it! (the first 5 months he was in Texas training, so at least he was state-side). PM me if you ever need to talk or vent. :hug:

I think the week before they leave is the hardest! My husband has been deployed 3 times and is going to baghdad for a year Starting December 1stish. I am always a wreck the week before he leaves then when he leaves I pull myself together and start growing stronger everyday. You'll be fine, 6 months isnt too bad. It seems like a long time now but will go by quickly. Good Luck!

Just wanted to let each of you know you are in our prayers. Most people do not realize how much each military family gives up for our troops to protect us.

My son has been in Army 6 years this month and my daughter-in-law will be graduating basic from Ft. Leonardwood MO the 25th of this month.

God Bless each of you!

Dh deploys in September for a year...again.... Stay strong and keep busy. Like another poster said the week before is the worst and the week after is pretty bad for me too. We're here for ya!

It is rough, but you will get through it. I've been deployed since 1 Sep and I miss my 2 little boys like crazy. My husband is doing a good job with them, but it doesn't make it any easier. As a mommy, you want to be there for every little thing they are going through.
Phone calls and emails when it is available really help. Some of the bases even have the availability of using video cameras on the computer to send video messages.
Good luck and God Bless your Soldier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter