DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

My 60 day FP window is opening up in a few days.
We hav EMM planned for HS (our only day at HS) with not other park plans that day. How would you recommend your Fps for that day? I was considering ToT and RR late morning. Leaving the park for an afternoon break. Returning that evening to see Toy Story Land lite up and using our 3rd FP for Slinky Dog that evening. Good plan? Or just plan all 3 Fps for the am in case we didn't return, to be safe.

We hav EMM planned for HS (our only day at HS) with not other park plans that day. How would you recommend your Fps for that day? I was considering ToT and RR late morning. Leaving the park for an afternoon break. Returning that evening to see Toy Story Land lite up and using our 3rd FP for Slinky Dog that evening. Good plan? Or just plan all 3 Fps for the am in case we didn't return, to be safe.
We doing EMM on Presidents day and going to use FPs on RnR, ST and TOT then get a couple of shows in and Muppets and then hopefully get out by 1.30pm. Although it was my favourite park growing up I just think i want to spend more time in the other parks as there is more to do.

I will caveat this by saying we are 'terrible' at making late day FP plans in advance with the intention of 'going back' to the park later. Always sounds good on paper in advance but we tend to let the day get away from us and 75/25 chance we ever make it back to the park as intended. But, that's coming from someone with an AP with a few visits a year, so we're not all that disciplined in our approach. Someone trying to make the most out of their days will likely feel differently.

All of that aside, I vote having a FP in your pocket for SDD later that evening. I enjoy the land at night and think it's worth seeing it with all the lights/etc.

I would do that. The only reason I didn’t is we’re going to another park for the afternoon evening. However I did book own extra for just before we leave the park for the day. If you decide not to go back you can cancel it and make someone else happy that night. That’s my plan if we decide we’ve done it enough during EMM, we’ll drop it early enough that someone else can pick it up. I’d rather have and cancel it than not book and regret it. Our FP day was this past Saturday and SD was already sold out for our first DHS day.

I have similar question. But we might leave to take a break midday since we are staying at BWI. I know for sure we are coming back in the evening because we are doing the Star Wars dessert party. So, the question for our plan is do we try to get an evening SDD or have three AM FPs (what would our third be after RnR and ToT?) so we can maybe refresh for repeats onto RnR?

DHS EMM Past & Current Dates

Dates Posted/Made Available for Booking Notes:
Sept-Dec 2018 dates were posted 8/22/2018
Jan 2019 dates were posted 9/24/2018
Feb and March 2019 were posted 10/6/2018
11/19, 11/21, 12/24 & 12/31 2018 & 1/2 2019 were posted 10/19/2018
11/5/2018 was posted 10/25/2018
11/23, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21 2018 (all Fridays) were posted 11/5/2018
April 2018 dates were posted 12/18/2018

Moderator, I believe this is April 2019 dates.

I worry about crowds lol so if I use a late Fastpass I can’t make any other fast passes until the late one is used tho right?
We will try and get our fill of toy story land during EMM if we happen upon a late day then bonus :)
That’s what I’m currently thinking

I have similar question. But we might leave to take a break midday since we are staying at BWI. I know for sure we are coming back in the evening because we are doing the Star Wars dessert party. So, the question for our plan is do we try to get an evening SDD or have three AM FPs (what would our third be after RnR and ToT?) so we can maybe refresh for repeats onto RnR?

Be prepared with a plan B if there are no more SDD FP+ available. I just made our FP reservations at day 60+1 and there were no SDD FP available all day long, so we got one for TSM.

I worry about crowds lol so if I use a late Fastpass I can’t make any other fast passes until the late one is used tho right?
We will try and get our fill of toy story land during EMM if we happen upon a late day then bonus :)
That’s what I’m currently thinking

That's my concern, too. I think I'll just make early FPs and keep watching for a random late SDD to ride after dark. I know it's a slim chance but I hate to be boxed out of FP 4+ by having a later one. Thanks for helping me think through this. And enjoy EMM!

That's my concern, too. I think I'll just make early FPs and keep watching for a random late SDD to ride after dark. I know it's a slim chance but I hate to be boxed out of FP 4+ by having a later one. Thanks for helping me think through this. And enjoy EMM!
I am planning on doing mid-day FPs + evening SDD after the EMM. I just don’t anticipate needing that many FP after what should be a great morning start... and I really want to do SDD in the evening. This will be our only evening at HS.

I will caveat this by saying we are 'terrible' at making late day FP plans in advance with the intention of 'going back' to the park later. Always sounds good on paper in advance but we tend to let the day get away from us and 75/25 chance we ever make it back to the park as intended. But, that's coming from someone with an AP with a few visits a year, so we're not all that disciplined in our approach. Someone trying to make the most out of their days will likely feel differently.

All of that aside, I vote having a FP in your pocket for SDD later that evening. I enjoy the land at night and think it's worth seeing it with all the lights/etc.
I actually agree that it’s hard to get motivated to head back after a break. But, I think I’ve decided it would be worth it to do SDD at night. I’m going to give it a try. Thanks for the input.

I would do that. The only reason I didn’t is we’re going to another park for the afternoon evening. However I did book own extra for just before we leave the park for the day. If you decide not to go back you can cancel it and make someone else happy that night. That’s my plan if we decide we’ve done it enough during EMM, we’ll drop it early enough that someone else can pick it up. I’d rather have and cancel it than not book and regret it. Our FP day was this past Saturday and SD was already sold out for our first DHS day.
Yes, I think I’ll book SDD at night. There aren’t really any other FPs we need for that morning. Definitely better to have it as an option than not.

Exactly, picking a 3rd other than a Toy Story Land FP doesn’t make sense.... so why not just book one in case you need it.

I booked at about 11:00 the night before. It actually arrived about 5 mins to 6 but waited for us. It was worth it to us so we did not have to worry about when (and if) a bus would come and it dropped us very close to the entrance. Much closer than the buses. We are doing a repeat tomorrow.
Do you know if Mears can accommodate an ECV rental?

Sort of curious how the 12/24 DHS EMM went - first time in the history of any EMM event (at either MK or DHS) where we have seen EMM during such a busy holiday time.

Next up is 12/31 - looking forward to seeing how that goes. :magnify:

From my somewhat inconsistent on/off checking, seems like 12/24, 12/31, & 1/2 have been sold out for awhile now.

Do you know if Mears can accommodate an ECV rental?
I don't know . I know the website asked if we needed car seats. The number for the luxury vehicles (what we set up) is 866-435-5686. Maybe you can call and ask them what options they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter