Diabetic children - need WDW nutritional info

Just a bump in the road.

Picked up the book mentioned above, thanks for the tip - nice little pocket referance.

I spoke to the folks at the number above. They are trying to get me some numbers and I'll pass on what I get back.

One biggie for us was chicken finger meal 97 grams but that included the fries at 77 grams making the three chicken strips 20.

I also spoke with the bakery on boardwalk they are going to try to get me some info on their products, I'll pass on what I get.

BD

We're back and this trip went much better for my son in terms of blood glucose control.

For him the secret seems to be to keep his carb input roughly the same as always...no extra snacks or larger meals...and to change his ratio from 10/1 to 15/1. Strangely that seemed to work whether we were at MK & MGM or Epcot & AK. I had thought the the larger parks would require more food or less insulin but that didn't seem to be the case.

Called the first few restaurants we dined at and then talked to the chef at LTT or at an asst.manager at Chef de France. At GFC the chef was going to come out but by then I had the info I needed and so I just talked to the waitress. The chef was standing in the doorway ready to help!:D

The first few times I talked to people I was told it would be no problem to make a low carb plate for my son. But as I explained I really didn't need that...just needed a count. They really aren't able to do that I don't think. So I used my little book (thanks DisOrBust) and all my previous experience with counting all my son's exchanges. Everyone was so kind and willing to try to make anything that would help.

Wendy (hope I spelled that correctly), the chef at LTT was super. I talked to her the day before we had lunch there and explained what I was trying to do. I knew my son would want a cheeseburger and fries. Talked to her when we arrived at the restaurant and she had weighed those big steak fries that are served at so many sitdown places. 28 grams for just three! We also decided the kids burger would be a better size for him. The rest of the trip, I used that guideline. I normally asked for 5 steak fries for him. Restaurants that served the regular size fries, I used the count that we use at home. Pastas, bread, rolls, etc. I used my own knowledge and backed it up with the book. Coatings are a challenge of course but did my best. Hope this helps a little.

Zurg, good luck on your trip and happy birthday to zurgswife.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter