Did Disney rerelease the Cinderella Soundtrack in 1995?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
In my box of music I found a soundtrack to Cinderella that was released in 1995 and it looks like it was released in honor of the rererelease of Cinderella on VHS in 1995. The cover of the album features Cinderella's glass slipper and seems to be one of the rarest Cinderella soundtracks ever made. The artists featured on it are Bobby McFerrin Linda Ronstadt James Ingram Take 6 and jazz stars David Benoit and David Sanborn. Was this version of the Cinderella soundtrack not well recieved when it debuted or was it a way to promote Cinderella more?

For Cinderella's rerelease on video in 1995 I think Disney did a good job with this version of the Cinderella soundtrack. For one thing I was amazed at Linda Ronstadt's version of A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes and she really hit a home run out of the ballpark with this one and the Spanish language version is wonderful also. But why they chose the late James Ingram to sing So This Is Love? I disliked this version because James seems to moan and whisper the lyrics and they should've had another singer sing So This Is Love instead. But Take 6's version of The Work Song is marvelous and I had never heard of Take 6 before but they reminded me of Straight No Chaser but the way Take 6 performs this song is superb. The only drawback on this version of the Cinderella soundtrack is that they could've put more pop artists because this soundtrack was filled with mostly jazz and R&B singers with the only exception being Linda Ronstadt. Was this version a newer version of the Cinderella soundtrack?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter