Did I mess up?

Daydreamer64

DIS Veteran
Hey all you USO experts out there- I've got a very important question for you**********

OK- here's the story-

called 1-800-be a star and asked if there was any difference in the room price with the Preferred Annual Pass verses the Annual Power Pass about getting my RPR room at AP rate for my dates ( I already had the stay and play with 2 free tickets deal )- the girl said didn't have any available- I asked her if she could apply the AP rate to my exsisting room and she said yes- got the room standard 2 Queens for $153/night for June 22-26, 2004- YEAH!!

BUT>>>> :(

then I went to the universal ticket order page to purchase the passes I saw that there are 2 passes available and the $99 Annual Power Pass doesn't offer any discounts on the room according to their web site-

Did I mess up? Am I going to get the discount room rate when I arrive?? I asked her and she said there was no difference- I hope she knows what she is doing- I would be very sad to get there and have problems with my room price :( :( :(

Technically only the preferred AP is supposed to get the discount but the hotels honor either the preferred or power AP. So you will still be able to get your discounted rate even with the power pass.

Well,

I called the hotel back to get an email confirmation mailed and the new girl said they WOULD NOT honor the $99 pass for the AP rates then proceded to tell me that I had to pay $250/night plus tax ( origional rate was $219 plus tax - AP was $153 ) because there were no more standard rooms available at my rate- now keep in mind I hadn't cancelled yet. So She talked to a super and they OK'd the old rate again. I then had to call and try to cancel the 3 power passes I just bought and they wanted a 5% cancelation fee ? :mad: I then talked to a supervisor about the reason I was being charged for an employee mistake and he put me on hold and then came back and said there would be no 5% rate for can. in this case. At least I'm back at square one but I won't make that mistake again- I'll just stick with my origional plans no matter what comes up-:rolleyes: Just a word to the wise -

I also contacted the hotel directly as recommended by the person at 1800BEASTAR, and was told that , no, you needed the full annual pass, they would not take the power pass. This was at Portofino Bay. The person in central reservations , when I asked this question, said that they were not able to answer that, it was at the hotel that the question needed to be addressed.

You can always upgrade your pass at the gate, right?

It's just not worth the stress that I'd have if I took a chance and tried to use the power pass as others are deciding to do- I'd rather arrive and be comfortable that there will not be any question to the charges of room rates. I read on here that you can upgrade for like $70 or so to a Preferred pass- might still consider that but I'm sure that it has been noted on my reservations that I've already had the pass conversation since I was upset about getting different information from the same phone number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter