Did Marvel name the Eternals character Ikaris after the Icarus featured in Greek mythology?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I always wondered how the Marvel Eternals character Ikaris got his name because I do know that in Greek Mythology there was an Icarus mentioned and I wonder if Marvel named Ikaris after this Greek legend but chose a different spelling of Icarus when creating The Eternals? Also does Ikaris have a nickname in Marvel's Eternals too? Is his nickname Icky or Ike in Marvel's Eternals?

Yes. Jack Kirby created the Eternals and modeled them after characters from classical mythology.

Oh, so that's why Ikaris of Marvel's Eternals got his name? I remember my father telling me the story of Icarus from Greek Mythology and I thought it was a great story. Is Ikaris's nickname really Icky in the movie too? Because as I mentioned in my opening post in this thread I always thought they called Ikaris Ike but never Icky? I still have a crush on Richard Madden and I thought he was cute as Ikaris
Thanks for the info Douglas
Dodger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter