Did you have family members/friends in the

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
delivery room with you??
My MIL was present when Cassie was born, and I think SIL was there when Mandy was born...

My DH and mother were there at both of my deliveries.

I've never had kids, and likely never will...but:

I always said that I'd only allow "those who have given birth before" be with me (and DH, of course).

I think I'd probably strangle someone who said, "Oh, come on, it's not that bad" - especially if they didn't give birth at least once themselves!!!

I tried to get my mother to be in the delivery room with me, but she said she had 9 babies and was quite familiar with the process, thanks but no thanks. :teeth:

She's gone now, and while I wish she had been there to witness the birth of her grandson, there isn't much I can do to change it.

I was recently in the delivery room with my niece - my sister really wanted me there. Like my mother, I wasn't crazy about the idea, but she wanted me there so I did it. I am so glad I did, it was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed (I had c-sections, my sister had her baby ******lly, so it was all new to me).

DH was with me when Elizabeth was born. That was enough in there for me.

I only allowed DH in the room with me. I figure no other family/friends were in the room when the "bun" was put in the oven, so they didn't need to be there when the bun came out. Of course if DH couldn't have been there for some reason, I would have asked someone else close to me to be there.

My SIL, on the other hand, had her mom (and a slew of other family/friends) in with her, who took photos of the baby crowning and then showed them to everyone.:eek: It was just a little too much info for me!

Accompanying me in Delivery Room:

When DS#1 was born it was DH
When DS#2 was born it was DH, my best GF, and my mom walked in JUST as I said "I HAVE TO PUSH" so she stayed

THEN>>> for DD#! it was DH, Best GF, Her DH, My Mom, AND My Dad (who had to leave at one point so he didn't pass out!!)

My "babies" are 35 and 37--so I wasn't even allowed to have DH in the room! Times have sure changed for the better!

With the first one, I was out of state. I just had my h and most the staff. :rolleyes:
With the second, my sister tried to stay with me and so did my h but they had to do an emergency c-section.
My sister had been very uncomfortable with the whole thing and I really wish she hadn't stayed for so long.

I just had dh in the room. I actually wouldn't have minded DMIL but did not want my mom. That would have caused a world of jealousy problems so we just stuck with the two of us. I ended up having an emergency c-section too so it was probably a good decision to keep everyone out.

DH alone. I considered it a very special time just for us.

I really can't even imagine having anyone else there. My parents wouldn't have come in even if we wanted them to because they would have felt they were interferring. DH's parents probably would have taken over and been hurt if they hadn't been first to hold the baby.

DH and a friend were both in the delivery room when I gave birth to DS almost 11yrs ago.
I was toxemic. Blood pressure all over/up & down. Had my own private nurse to monitor this. DH was scared, thought he was going to loose both me and DS.
After doc made me wait till I was fully dilated they then took DS by c-section. Doc later told me he didnt think my birth canal was wide enough.

Yup...had both my husband and my mom in the room with me when I delivered both of my babies (aged 5 and 3 now!!!)

When our DS was born 27 years ago they were just beginning to allow fathers in the delivery room. I think it's great when couples are able to have others in there with them, if that's what they want. I'm secretly hoping my DD will ask me to witness the birth of their child, if they ever have one, but if not I won't be upset. It's a very special time for the parents and if they want it to be "just them" that's fine too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter