Did You Read Rules for Rent/Trade?

TLSnell1981

Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine
Yes, I'm a newbie. This may be on the wrong board or already talked to death..if it is..I'll get the ice and bandages ready.

I actually posted last year to rent. I just now read the rules for maintenance. Guys, read it. The rules are reasonable...I was just ignorant! Don't lose your privileges.

I'm confused. What are the rules of maintenance that you are talking about?

OK. I'm falling for it.

The simple ones about closing and bumping threads. If you don't... you lose posting privileges if it happens twice in a specific time period.

At least you didn't post this on the R/T Board. It'll probably get moved to the Mousecellanous Board.

The rules make sense, the problem I'm having now is that folks replied via private message and I haven't posed here enough to answer them. So I'm in this board looking for posts that can use my wisdom after 7 years of DVC membership. :-)

As Deb & Bill said, I'm moving this to Mousecellaneous because Operations board has to do with DVC policies, not board policies. ;)

The rules make sense, the problem I'm having now is that folks replied via private message and I haven't posed here enough to answer them. So I'm in this board looking for posts that can use my wisdom after 7 years of DVC membership. :-)

You should be OK now. As an anti-spam measure, new users cannot send PM's until they have a minimum number of posts (currently set at 6)

Surprisingly a lot of people submit threads on the rent/trade board, as newbies, and don't realize they can't send any PM's until they have that minimum. Like the OP, they can receive, but not send.

We've also seen people post something, but have set their account up not to receive any PM's, even from moderators. The r/t board is processed automatically by special software that also automatically sends out PM's as required with specific notices to users. If someone sets up their account not to receive any PM's, they don't get these automatic PM's either.

The posting rules concerning thread maintenance (bumps, closing) are explained in the sticky thread at the top of the Rent/Trade board titled "Posting Rules: REQUIRED READING" for anyone interested in seeing what the OP was talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter