Digital Photo Development

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
In DLRP they sell photo albums that hold 100 photos and they do a new design every year, like they do with the calendars. Anyway, we buy these albums and then choose which 100 photos to put in. This year I took 400 digital photos so I had to decide where to get them printed. After lots of umming and ahhing I decided to go with YourPix and what a great decision it was. You get the first 20 photos free so including P&P it cost me just £7.36 for 100 photos. Not only that, but I uploaded the photos to their website on Sunday morning and they arrived first post this morning!

All in all I found the service to be fantastic and wanted to share so others can take advantage of what i have found to be the best digital photo development service...anywhere!

Thanks Steve - that sounds great!!! Only 47 days until we go
madhatter_bounce.gif
madhatter_bounce.gif
madhatter_bounce.gif

dlpSteve said:
In DLRP they sell photo albums that hold 100 photos and they do a new design every year, like they do with the calendars. Anyway, we buy these albums and then choose which 100 photos to put in. This year I took 400 digital photos so I had to decide where to get them printed. After lots of umming and ahhing I decided to go with YourPix and what a great decision it was. You get the first 20 photos free so including P&P it cost me just £7.36 for 100 photos. Not only that, but I uploaded the photos to their website on Sunday morning and they arrived first post this morning!

All in all I found the service to be fantastic and wanted to share so others can take advantage of what i have found to be the best digital photo development service...anywhere!

That sounds great. I'm not on the internet at home so any digi pics I have to store on disc and pop to the library. I've never sent any of them off for developing though. How do you upload your pics? Is it easy for an internet idiot like me? It's one reason I've never posted any of my pics here because I was never sure how you went about it.

It may be a problem at a library as you have to download a programme whch they probably won't let you do.

As for posting photos - first get an account here, it's free and easy signup: http://www.photobucket.com then you just upload photos and link them here. Under each photo in your Photobucket account they have the link to the photo WITH the code that works on this website! They even reduce the photos size to no more than 250Kb for you if they are over that, as most digital photos are.

If none of this works and you really want to get the photos online, then you can mail me a disc of photos and I'll put them on online for you in your own little photos website and then mail the disc back to you.

ta for that. I'll give Photobucket a try.

Thanks Steve, that's great to know! I have a photo printer but recently worked out it costs about 20p a photo :earseek:

I love it for the sheer convenience or if you just need to print a few photos, plus it works as a printer, colour photocopier and scanner too, but I think next time I have a whole load to print off (no doubt when we get back from our next trip!) I'll use Yourpix!

NIK said:
That sounds great. I'm not on the internet at home so any digi pics I have to store on disc and pop to the library. I've never sent any of them off for developing though. How do you upload your pics? Is it easy for an internet idiot like me? It's one reason I've never posted any of my pics here because I was never sure how you went about it.

Nik, noticed at bottom of yourpix web page that they offer mail order, so you could post CD :)

Reid

Thanks for that Steve. That is a great price.

Brings back memories (painful) of the last lot of "film" camera films I got developed. I can't remember exactly how many there were but I'm sure it was only 5 or 6 films of 27 shots. The price? £80. Ouch!

Needless to say I now have a digital camera :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter