digital scrapbooking 101...need help!

By the way rsjj - I'm so jealous because my west coast cruise is over and yours it still yet to come! I wish I was going with you!

MousseauMob said:
By the way rsjj - I'm so jealous because my west coast cruise is over and yours it still yet to come! I wish I was going with you!

i am just dying to go!! and reading all those "live" posts every week! i guess the best part is that we have it coming up...only 1 more month to go!! have been waiting for this forever!!

if i get this digital scrapping thing "squared away"...maybe i can post some here, so it'll sorta be like as if "you were there". hee hee...

i'm sure you had a wonderful time! just curisou...which port did you enjoy the most? :flower:

I've been digiscrapping for a few months and I love it! I still plan to paper scrap for certain things so I'm keeping all my supplies.

There are tons of free kits and elements available! I spent nearly a month collecting as many as I could and just my freebie files have taken 9.97 GB on my computer! I have over 10,000 free files! I'm so impressed with what's available out there for free! I did buy a few absolutely beautiful kits and it's so worth the 5 or 6 dollars since you can use it over and over. At first, I was printing out each LO at Walmart but have realized it's just as cost-effective to have your own book created.

I think Abode Photoshop Elements 3 is probably the most popular program. There is a free 30 day trial available on their site. When I first started I downloaded the program, did a quick tutorial on the concept of layers, downloaded a few free kits from Shabby Princess and was HOOKED! I couldn't believe what I created in a matter of minutes!

rsjj said:
i am just dying to go!! and reading all those "live" posts every week! i guess the best part is that we have it coming up...only 1 more month to go!! have been waiting for this forever!!

if i get this digital scrapping thing "squared away"...maybe i can post some here, so it'll sorta be like as if "you were there". hee hee...

i'm sure you had a wonderful time! just curisou...which port did you enjoy the most? :flower:

I can't wait to see your pics and layouts!

Hands down, Cabo San Lucas! It was just SO beautiful, seeing Lands End and Los Arcos was incredible.

Puerto Vallarta was also a lot of fun because we just played in the surf - the water was wonderful.

Okay I gave it a try today. I don't have any freebies yet and I have never scrapbooked before but I have used other photo software in the past, I just never thought to use it for a scrapbook.

I don't know why I didn't try this sooner. :confused3

I used Digital Image Pro 10 to do this. I picked it up today so its a new software for me.

Here's my question: I made my canvas the size of the album I expect to print. I was planning on the $9.95 from mypublisher.com. I was wondering if I should have went 8x10 with the canvas?? Does it matter when I print, does mypublisher make it fit okay in the smaller album if I did go 8x10?

Thanks to everyone that had advice in this thread!

No I don't think mypublisher resizes for you. You should check out their guidelines on the website. They clearly indicate how big you should make your canvas and what amount will be lost. For example you might lose a third of an inch in an 8x10. It's important to get this figured out at the beginning because you don't want to go back and have to resize and crop your LO's to fit into the book.

Your page is adorable! What a great picture. I think MyPublisher has the biggest problem with their small books on sizing. At least from what I've seen. A girlfriend from work did a small book, and some of the photos were cut off a bit, she was doing regular photos though. So, with fully scrapped pages you will do a full bleed to edge layout and it will try and size it close then from there you can position it, but not really resize it. At least not that I've seen. The nice thing about MyPublisher is you can look at the book with their software before you order - so what I've done is saved my layout as a high resolution jpg image and then pulled it into MyPublisher to see if I was losing anything on the edges. If so, I go back to the editable version and make my adjustments, save it and then re-save the jpg again. So, I agree with Sandy22, you want to be working with the right size.

Does anyone know of any other sites besides My Publisher to get those kind of books done? I've seen someone post it here before but I can't seem to find it????

Cass -

Three Scrapateers are doing them now. Here is the link http://www.threescrapateers.com/

Also, last year I created an 8X10 album, printed them myself and took Kinko's. They Glue Bound it for me for about $10.00 with a hard front and back cover

Kelly

Anille -

"Oh no, the pic is so big! Sorry about that, I am not sure how I can fix it."

Open the layout, make a copy of it and close the original. Then resize the copy to about 60% and save with another name and then upload it to your webserver.

This is the only way to adjust the sizes.

subscribing, just started trying to do this myself.
BIG HELLO TIMON-Long time!:goodvibes
How is the baby? How is Rob? Tell him I have been TRYING to stay away from eating ice cream, HIGH cholesterol!
But we are heading to WDW in Aug. and will eat a Mickey bar just for him. I can not wait!

WELL---- Hi! I am new too and trying my best to post where I will get info from all of you creative Mouse-people like myself! I'm a mouse person.... creative with paper scrapping but here to learn the digi stuff from yoU! You are all so amazing!!!! Thank you already for all that I have learned and I hope to find the right forums to post in!!!! You all have SO much to share!!!

thank you !! and Hi!

Theresa

Hi everyone!

I am getting ready to leave for our OBX (North Carolina.. .the Outer Banks beach) vacation tomorrow and I started on a search for lighthouses and beach freebies…
Do you know of any good sites off hand? I am so used to looking for Disney stuff that this is throwing me off a little 

thanks! Theresa

There are no disney scrapkits available at this time, no one wants to touch the copywrite issues but you can create/buy kits that work well with your pictures very easily. Also, if the pages are for your own use (and you are not publishing them except for your own album) and you clearly state that the graphics are owned by Disney, it is okay to add a mickey or donald to the page. Again this is only when you are using them for your private use. Maybe Disney will create their own DS kits soon, there is a great demand for them.

There are some actual Disney/Pixar licensed digital kits available through Creative Memories, they just came out last month! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter