Dilemma on buying points at HHI

pcparamedics01

DIS Veteran
Okay we know we will always want to do HHI on spring break, so my guide thinks I should buy there but my DH is hung up on the difference of 15 years. What should I do? Buy at AK and hope I get it for Heritage week at HHI or do you think they will extend like they did at OKW? If I can have that we would be sooo happy and it would solve our dilemma!!

I'd buy enough HHI points to cover Heritage week if I knew I consistently wanted to go at that time - and I'd MS call right at 11 months!!

Buy enough points to go when you want to- but buy them resale. The money you save may allow your husband to see past the 15 years.

I'd buy enough HHI points to cover Heritage week if I knew I consistently wanted to go at that time - and I'd MS call right at 11 months!!
Thanks..... Do you know I am sure it is old news for you but a person has been looking for you on these threads?.... I hope he/she finds you and was so worried you were not around!!!

If you need HH that time most every year, having points there would be best. But I think if you plan ahead and book day by day, you have a good chance of getting in most years. If you wont' be devastated if you miss a year at HH, the extra 15 years and more valuable home resort overall would be worth the risk. For MID Summer, I'd say the opposite. The other issue is what unit size would you need for HH as there are less studios and 1 BR meaning they will be harder to get and you might have to settle for a 2 BR to get anything.

Okay we know we will always want to do HHI on spring break, so my guide thinks I should buy there but my DH is hung up on the difference of 15 years. What should I do? Buy at AK and hope I get it for Heritage week at HHI or do you think they will extend like they did at OKW? If I can have that we would be sooo happy and it would solve our dilemma!!

First of all, the extra 15 years is so far off that the present value is nearly worthless. It's worth about three or four dollars.

Are you buying on the resale market? If so, you can save so much money over buying from Disney that really I wouldn't worry about the 15 years. You can invest your savings and in 35 years all the money that you've made on your investment will be enough to buy 115 years.

Do you like to go to the golf tournament every year? I'd consider renting in Sea Pines instead, just for proximity to the course. Then buy at AK. Unless as someone else posted you want mid-summer in HH, then go with the HH points.

First of all, the extra 15 years is so far off that the present value is nearly worthless. It's worth about three or four dollars.

Are you buying on the resale market? If so, you can save so much money over buying from Disney that really I wouldn't worry about the 15 years. You can invest your savings and in 35 years all the money that you've made on your investment will be enough to buy 115 years.

No we have bought off Disney!

Do you like to go to the golf tournament every year? I'd consider renting in Sea Pines instead, just for proximity to the course. Then buy at AK. Unless as someone else posted you want mid-summer in HH, then go with the HH points.

Bo we hate golf! Thanks for all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter