Dining In August

lucaster

Earning My Ears
I will be in Disney in August of this year and have a few questions?

what are crowd/line-ups like during that time of the year?

As for restaurants, should i book reservations now (if available) or should i wait until i actually get to FLA. I don't know how busy they are that time of the year... will i be be too late and they may be full? any opinions????

Thanks

Depending on when in August you are going, if after Aug 13th, definitely make ADRs for TS restaurants or you might get shut out of certain times or places altogether.

I would make your ADR's soon. You are either going during the heavy crowds of early August or the free dining plan. In either case, I would expect TS restaurants to be busy.

We booked our trip for Aug 13th - 18th at the end of April. When I called to make ADRs for that time I got everything I wanted at the time I wanted without a problem. I called around 9 pm on a Friday night, got right through to a person and set everything up. That was about 2 weeks ago.

My DH was hesitant to make ADRs because he likes to play things by ear, but with a small child I didn't want to take the chance of not having someplace to eat dinner. And we wanted a character breakfast.

Good luck :banana:

We went Aug. 22-29, 2005. It was during free dining last year, and it was great. We are all early risers, so we did EMH mornings and walked onto all the rides until about noon everyday. It was hot, hot, hot and my kids were only 2 & 3 so we bought the mister fans to cool them off and went back to the room for breaks in the afternoon everyday. Make sure you make ADR's - all the walk ups at the TS restaurants were turned away due to the popularity of the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter