Dining Plan and restricted menus?

joanjett1976

<font color=blue>Shane in the study with the candl
We're all booked for Free Dining during marathon weekend in January and had a concern:

I have heard some sit down restaurants restrict certain menu items to those on the Dining Plan. Has anyone experienced limited menus at the following restaurants to which we currently hold ADR's?

Le Cellier (Lunch)
Artist Point (Dinner) 2 Credits
50's Prime Time (Dinner)

I am a tad worried that we will be limited to some lower priced options.

Thanks so much, troops!

That is incorrect, menus are not restricted when using DDP, free or otherwise. (There are a very limited number of dining plan exclusions, mostly in regard to DxDP appetizers, but not at the restaurants you list -- see the FAQ for detail.)

It has been noted that in the past, seasonal menu changes seemed to coincidentally line up with free dining periods and certain popular choices were absent during those times. But with free dining offers of one sort or another covering a much larger part of the year, this doesn't seem to happen as much anymore -- seasonal changes are just that.

There's no menu restrictions for DDP. If they restrict them for DDP they restrict them for everyone else too, because everyone orders from the same menu.

You may have heard about the special prix fixe menus at some restaurants but they are just options. You do not have to order from them if you are on DDP. If you CHOOSE to order from the prix fixe menu (many do, because they will get an appetizer) then you ARE limited to the lower priced entrees.

Thanks so much for the detailed response.
This is excellent news.

I was worried that the Mushroom Filet Mignon at Le Cellier and the Cedar Plank Salmon at Artist Point would be off limits.

I was worried that the Mushroom Filet Mignon at Le Cellier and the Cedar Plank Salmon at Artist Point would be off limits.

They are if you are on the regular DDP and you want to order from the prixe fixe so you can get an appetizer. If you are okay with paying for your appetizer or not getting one, at all, then you can choose any entree and dessert.

TDC Nala - Gotcha.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to making the most of the DDP :goodvibes

I don't think that's correct. Via Napoli only allows individual pizza for table service credit not other size pizzas. Any exclusions at other restaurants?

I don't think that's correct. Via Napoli only allows individual pizza for table service credit not other size pizzas. Any exclusions at other restaurants?

Not an exclusion, but at Marrakesh some of the platters have a surcharge.

I wouldn't call that as an exclusion. Obviously you're not going to be able to get a family-sized portion for a single credit.
The rules are a bit stricter at Via Napoli, but in general... items that are meant to be shared (some desserts and appetizers generally), cannot be ordered with one credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter