Dining Plan questions

mickeyminnie

happenin' chick<br><font color=blue>Rice Krispies
Is this possible?

We have 4 in our party, 2 adults, 2 children.

Can I use 2 cs credits and order 2 adult sized breakfasts, then split them between us all and then at lunch time us 2 cs credits and order 2 adult meals and again split them between us all. We then avoid trying to order more adult meals than adults and avoid wasting a lot of food because we won't eat all that stuff?

Second question, we are staying for 8 nights and have 8 day tickets, so do we have 8 of each type of credit per person? or is it 7 or 9?

Thanks

You can use your counter-service meals as you described.

Since you are staying 8 nights, you will get 8 TS, 8 CS, 8 snack credits per person. So, a total of 32 TS, 32 CS and 32 snacks to be used anytime during your stay (up to midnight on the day you check out).

There currently isn't anything preventing you from using the credits as you've described.

Yes you can. We used ours in just that way after the first day when we saw the amount of food we had. Remeber, you can order things like breakfast wrap meals, double bacon cheeseburger meals, etc and split them. Also, if your resort has refill cups and you use them at breakfast for your drink you can still get a bottle soft drink, water, or juice for drinking later when you return from the park.

There are also many snack items that can make breakfasts--an entire box of donuts counts as one snack credit. Ditto for a quart of milk.

So where do I find this box of donuts and quart of milk? We are staying at BC. Is there a food court at BC, I have never stayed there and haven't had time to look it up.

Thanks again

The BC has a marketplace where they stock such items for folks staying in the villas (but of course the items are available to all).

Sorry for the dumb question: But we will be there December 3-8th :santa: : Me, husband, daughter 4 and son is 2.
#1-More than likely, our 4 year old will not eat alot and be really choosy- can we not get the dinning plan for her and just order off the menu for her or let her pick off our plates? popcorn::
#2- We will be there 5 nights, 6 days so we would purchase 5 nights right? :wave:
#3- We can use the TS credits for Candlelight Processional, right? How many credits per person will it take? I read somewhere 2 TS. :confused3
#4- We have plans for LTT on the night of MVMCP- this is 1 TS credit for each of us right?
So, we won't have enough TS credits to do this, can we exchange CS credits- like 2 for 1 TS? :teacher:
Any help would be great!

#1 Sorry, no. Every guest over 3 in your party must be on the Dining Plan to be eligible for the Dining Plan.

#2 Yes, and indeed the 5 night Dining Plan would be your only option given that reservation.

#3 Sorry, not sure.

#4 LTT is 1 TS, yes. No, there is no way to exchange CS credits for TS credits. (If there were, it would be more likely to be a 5CS for 1 TS exchange, but again, it's simply not an option.)

:wave: Thanks for the answers...Since we have to purchase for our 3 year old I have to go back and refigure $, I don't think the dining plan is going to be cost effective for us... :sad2: :sad1:

Keep in mind that that will only make a $55 difference. It would be very difficult to not save money using the Dining Plan -- 5 nights, 5 1TS meals.

If you post your meals, I'll plug them into my Dining Plan calculator and see what it says.

mmeads4 said:
:wave: Thanks for the answers...Since we have to purchase for our 3 year old I have to go back and refigure $, I don't think the dining plan is going to be cost effective for us... :sad2: :sad1:

Don't forget that the DP is only $11/night for your 3 year old. My DD is a picky eater too...but I know she'll eat more than $11 at Disney prices!!!

Tnkrbelle565 said:
Don't forget that the DP is only $11/night for your 3 year old. My DD is a picky eater too...but I know she'll eat more than $11 at Disney prices!!!
Yeah, I thought that too, but my husband and I will split most meals and share with the 2 kids and maybe order a kids meal and split that among us too. And figuring 1 snack- popcorn (we would share) or mickey mouse ice cream bar (probably one for each of us) I think we could max meals at $300 for the week, figuring high :goodvibes and with Candlelight Processional tixs and LTT at dinner, which isn't included with the plan, :confused3 plus my husband and I are looking forward to ribs from Flame Tree BBQ, which also isn't included :confused3 and maybe a Tuscan Turkey leg (gotta try one), that's not included either! :confused3 So I think we'll wing it... ;)
Anyone know what a Mickey Ice cream bar costs? :wave:

mickeyminnie said:
Is this possible?

We have 4 in our party, 2 adults, 2 children.

Can I use 2 cs credits and order 2 adult sized breakfasts, then split them between us all and then at lunch time us 2 cs credits and order 2 adult meals and again split them between us all. We then avoid trying to order more adult meals than adults and avoid wasting a lot of food because we won't eat all that stuff?

Second question, we are staying for 8 nights and have 8 day tickets, so do we have 8 of each type of credit per person? or is it 7 or 9?

Thanks

That's exactly what we did. Combine that with refillable mugs and we had plenty of food all week on the dining plan. :)

mmeads4 said:
Yeah, I thought that too, but my husband and I will split most meals and share with the 2 kids and maybe order a kids meal and split that among us too. And figuring 1 snack- popcorn (we would share) or mickey mouse ice cream bar (probably one for each of us) I think we could max meals at $300 for the week, figuring high :goodvibes and with Candlelight Processional tixs and LTT at dinner, which isn't included with the plan, :confused3 plus my husband and I are looking forward to ribs from Flame Tree BBQ, which also isn't included :confused3 and maybe a Tuscan Turkey leg (gotta try one), that's not included either! :confused3 So I think we'll wing it... ;)
Anyone know what a Mickey Ice cream bar costs? :wave:

LTT is included with the dining plan and so is Flametree BBQ. The candlelight processional was covered by the dining plan in 2005. If you are paying about $100 (tax and tip included) for the four of you to dine at LTT, that's more than 20% of your cost of the dining plan for 5 nights right there. I don't know what the Candlelight processional costs but there are several tiers so I'd bet at least one of them is a 1 ts. I can't imagine you'd spend less and eat even close to as well without the dining plan. You can add it later but I'd look at the menus at allearsnet.com and see where you want to eat before you decide you don't want to do it.

Just one more comment about the dining plan.... a neighbor went to disney the same week as us. They didn't do the dining plan (it would have cost them $480 and they'd have had a pool of 20 TS, 20 CS, and 20 snacks). The costs for even counter service at WDW is so high that they ended up driving off-site for meals twice a day and they spent about $500 on their meals for the week... with lots of McDs :confused3

In my estimation, even if you don't "maximize" your usage of the plan, you will rarely lose money on it. If you did 5 breakfast buffets (one of the cheapest table service options) it would cost you about $65/day. and you'd be certain to spend the other $175 on 20 counter service meals and snacks.

LizinSTL said:
LTT is included with the dining plan and so is Flametree BBQ. The candlelight processional was covered by the dining plan in 2005. If you are paying about $100 (tax and tip included) for the four of you to dine at LTT, that's more than 20% of your cost of the dining plan for 5 nights right there. I don't know what the Candlelight processional costs but there are several tiers so I'd bet at least one of them is a 1 ts. I can't imagine you'd spend less and eat even close to as well without the dining plan. You can add it later but I'd look at the menus at allearsnet.com and see where you want to eat before you decide you don't want to do it.

Just one more comment about the dining plan.... a neighbor went to disney the same week as us. They didn't do the dining plan (it would have cost them $480 and they'd have had a pool of 20 TS, 20 CS, and 20 snacks). The costs for even counter service at WDW is so high that they ended up driving off-site for meals twice a day and they spent about $500 on their meals for the week... with lots of McDs :confused3

In my estimation, even if you don't "maximize" your usage of the plan, you will rarely lose money on it. If you did 5 breakfast buffets (one of the cheapest table service options) it would cost you about $65/day. and you'd be certain to spend the other $175 on 20 counter service meals and snacks.

Last I checked on Disney's website- LTT lunch was covered not Dinner, and Flame Tree BBQ was not covered...but I will double check again, I'll call Disney direct and ask... :confused3
:hourglass princess: :hippie: :stir: :bride:

mmeads4 said:
Last I checked on Disney's website- LTT lunch was covered not Dinner, and Flame Tree BBQ was not covered...but I will double check again, I'll call Disney direct and ask... :confused3
:hourglass princess: :hippie: :stir: :bride:

I'm almost 100% positive that you are mistaken about this. LTT dinner is probably in the "Character" meal category but it's covered and Flame tree is a Counter service restaurant, not full service/table service.

If you download the full pdf brochure from the disney site, you'll see that they are both listed. I have, in my hands, the brochure I was given at check-in and they are both listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter