Dining reservations for 4 or 5??

singitalto

<font color=FF66FF>Can't wait to stay at the Beach
We are going to WDW in August. We are staying at POR with free dining. It is me, DH, DD18 and DS16. There is a chance that my daughters BFF will also come. When I made hotel reservations, they said I could add her later.

The question is this: Right now I have a bunch of ADRs for 4 people and a couple for 5(just in case). I would hate to wait to make reservations, only to find everything good(and not good) is booked up. Can I make reservations for 5 and if she doesn't come with us, will they seat us with only 4. I don't think I can make ADRs for 4 and show up with 5.
Anyone have any experence with this? Suggestions??

It's no problem to show up with one less, unless it's one of the prepaid meals (CRT, for example). On the other hand, one more could delay your seating, or in some really crowded times they might say it's like you're a "walk-up" and turn you away...although this is pretty unlikely. I would reserve for five.

It is much easier to make them for more and say someone couldn't make it, than to add one.

If you wait and have the extra person, you may have to wait hours for an available table, or be refused. Refusal doesn't always happen, but it can...just be aware.

I would definitely make the ADRs for 5 people. I think it would be difficult to add a 5th person at the podium since you will most likely need a larger table and they may not be able to accommodate you or you may need to split up.

Just chiming in with the "Book for 5" crowd. Being short a person (other than pre-pay situations) is a heck of a lot better than attempting to add one. Especially when going up a table size.

Also, when checking for ADRs, if you are having difficulty with 5, check for 6 as well. Sometimes (albeit rarely), the system has an issue with odd numbers. This holds especially true with solos, but I've heard reports from groups of 3 or 5 as well. Doesn't always happen, but it takes an extra 30 seconds to check, so why not?

I'm in this same situation, but it's two weeks out and we just found out our DD's BFF can come. I have ressies for 8 and now can't up them to 9. I'm trying to find alternatives, but not having much luck. :sad2: So definitely book 5 if you can.

Do you think we'll get turned away if we show up with 9? I would think a table for 8 would be the same as a table for 9, but what do I know :confused3

I'm in this same situation, but it's two weeks out and we just found out our DD's BFF can come. I have ressies for 8 and now can't up them to 9. I'm trying to find alternatives, but not having much luck. :sad2: So definitely book 5 if you can.

Do you think we'll get turned away if we show up with 9? I would think a table for 8 would be the same as a table for 9, but what do I know :confused3

Keep checking and see if you can get your ADR changed to 9. That would be the best thing possible. Otherwise, get to your ADR early and be prepared to do some begging and pleading. Hopefully they will be able to seat your extra guest, but they are under no obligation to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter