Dining Review Jan 28-30

loveshak22

DIS Veteran
Just some quick reviews:

1. Concourse Steakhouse (Dinner): My husband and I gave it a B-. The rolls and butter were really good, the service was great, my husband had the lobster bisque and he said it was great, I had the onion rings and the dips were good but the onion rings were bland and tasted stale, for dinner he had the prime rib and I had the New York strip...both were just O.K. My New York strip was too fatty. We didn't get dessert because it was my husband's birthday so I had a cake ordered for him. The cake was NOT good. But it was only like $12 and it was a cake big enough to feed at least 6.

2. 50s Prime Time (Dinner): My husband gave it an A- I gave it a B. I was tired so that could have been my problem but our waitress didn't really get into the theme and the food took awhile to get to us...there was a long wait between dinner and the dessert. My husband had the fried cheese and it was EXCELLENT. I had the ceasar salad and it was good too. For dinner he had the meatloaf and thought it was excellent. I had the fried chicken and it was fabulous! But I got the mashed potatos with no gravy and they were not good. My husband had them with gravy and thought they were really good. For dessert I had the Dad's brownie sundae and I thought it was bad. Everything was bland and the brownie was just gross! My husband got the s'mores and they were good but by the time we got them the marshmallows were cold and so it ruined the nice gooey-ness that I think it should have had.

3. Coral Reef (Dinner)-A+ from both of us. The food was good but the service and atmosphere was excellent. While it was loud (I think due to the tiered seating), the tank was amazing. I expected a lot of fish but there were also a lot of sharks, huge sea turtles, stings rays and a wide variety of fish. It was just amazing to watch. And the service was excellent. Since we were there for my husband's 30th birthday I had called ahead to ask about having divers hold a sign up in the tank wishing my husband a Happy Birthday! When I called I spoke to Debbi Sacileux (Sp?) and she was so nice and helpful. She called me back within a few hours and when I asked her about the sign she said it would be no problem. She also said she could do a personalized menu. So I sent her a pic of my husband and a message and they made a special menu for him. When he sat down and opened it he thought it was the coolest....until he saw the divers coming over and they held up a "Happy Birthday Thomas" sign!!!!! The divers then made a motion for everyone to sing, which, they did!! My husband turned bright red...and when it got quiet he had tears in his eyes. It will be a night we will always remember!!!

My husband had the crab claws and he didn't expect them to be cold so he wasn't so sure if he liked them. I had the BBQ Beef and it was really good, tender and tasty. We both had the NY Strip (yeah, I had a lot of beef this night!). My husband loved his steak, mine again had a lot of fat running though it and it was chewy. The potatos au gratin and asparagus were great!! For dessert he had the vanilla cheesecake and he said it was the second best cheesecake he had ever had. I had the chocolate wave and yes, it lived up to it's reputation! YUM!!!!!

4. Whispering Canyon (Breakfast): My husband gave it a B and I gave it a C. I got the skillet and the only thing I thought that was good was the potatos. The eggs were runny and the waffles and syrup had no taste. My husband had the ham and cheese omelet and he thought it was really good. They tried to get the kids to run and get ketchup but no one was into it...I don't know if it was because it was breakfast or what, but instead of being fun it seemed forced.

5. Pizza restuarant at the AK (lunch): Can't remember the name but it was really good pizza! It was a surprise!

6. Restaurant at Morrocco in Epcot (lunch): Fabulous! The Chicken Shwarma was one of the best things I had while in the MK. My husband loved the lamb gyro! A definite must if you like Middle Eastern food.

7. The Garden Grill (breakfast): At Epcot--it was good. Not fabulous but the croissant sandwich was good.

So those were quick reviews....let me know if you have any questions!!

CIMG0573_1_0020.jpg

That birthday sign is great!!!
I never knew you could do that, i can't wait till we go next year for my DH B-Day.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the great reviews!

We are going to WDW in April for my Husband's 30th and made a dinner ADR
for Coral Reef on 4/25. Did you just call Disney Dining for Coral Reef's #?
I would love to surprise him!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Alicia pirate:

We also just went to Coral Reef and had a sign for my husband's birthday. I was told to call the divers. I talked to the manager but I also called the restaurant. It was one of the best birthday surprises. My husband also had tears in his eyes.

Thanks for posting your reviews

I would call the 407-WDW-DINE number. I would ask them for the direct number for the CR. Debbi Saceleux (sp?) was the one who helped me. She was great! And it was all free, which is amazing since I think most people would be willing to pay for such extras. She'll also tell you that they can do the personalized menu if you want to send a pic and a message.

As a heads-up, when I called the DINE number to make the reservations I asked the CM I was speaking to about the sign and they said they don't do it for birthdays. So I asked for the direct number to the CR and they didn't give it to me and basically said they don't do signs for birthdays. I just hung up and called back and asked another CM for the number and told them I was interested in getting a sign. She too said that they didn't do that for birthdays but just like engagements. But that CM at least gave me the number. When I called the CR directly they were happy to help!

If you have any problems or can't get Debbi send me a private message and I'll get you her e-mail.

You may already know this, but you can also get a birthday button at City Hall in the MK and if your husband wears it he'll get a ton of "Happy Birthdays" from CMs. You can also order a cake at dinner. We actually had my husband's birthday dinner at the Concourse and so I ordered a cake for that night. The CR was actually 2 days after his birthday but since I was making it a whole birthday trip for him I had all sorts of surprises lined up!!!

Oops! I meant to quote Alicia's post to answer her question about the CR...sorry for the confusion!

Also, with my husband's cheesecake they had a chocolate wave that said Happy Birthday and it was great chocolate!

Here's a pic, although a little blurry!

CIMG0577_0017.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter