Dining Reviews 9/25 - 10/02 Part One

BelleDaisy

Earning My Ears
DH, myself and DS (4) had a wonderful week of dining (as usual) at the world.

Sat 9/25 arrived just as the airport was about to close. Our Tiffany Towncar driver stopped at Publix for us at our request. It was a madhouse due to the coming hurricane, but we were able to get everything that we wanted. We arrived at the WL, checked in and inquired about a PS for WCC. About two hours later, we were told, was the earliest. That was fine with us, so we ended up eating at about 9pm. We all had the all you care to eat skillet which we thought was wonderful. I especially liked the chicken and the cornbread. The antics were highly amusing--especially the ketchup--and the service was wonderful/comical.

Sun 9/26 DS and I had the brunch at Artist Point. They had lots of variety in the food choices (think maple whiskey glazed salmon, chicken in chipolte cream sauce, and pork chops with butternut squash sweet and sour sauce), but I found it somewhat surreal due to the weather conditions outside. They had towels and buckets all over the place to catch the drips. DH is not a big AM eater, so he skipped this meal.

Dinner was pizza from Roaring Forks. We waited a LONG time to get this pizza that nobody thought was too great. Later on we shared those big yummy Nestle ice cream sandwiches in the lobby while we watched all the kids trying to make the best of the situation.

Mon 9/27 we ate breakfast in our room. For lunch, we tried the Plaza restaurant at the MK. DS and I split a grilled chicken sandwich with shaved ham on top, it also came with fries. DH had a cheeseburger and fries. We all split a vanilla malt. Although we thought the food here was ok, it certainly wasn't a good value. I don't think we will eat here again.

More to come...

Thanks for sharing. Was the WL helpful during the hurricane. Did they help with meals and entertainment???

Yes, the WL was incredibly helpful during the hurricane. The lobby became the gathering place for all families who were going stir crazy in their rooms! They put a sign up listing the activities and times (crafts, storytelling, games, etc) and even brought in characters and singers to keep us entertained. They also did a good job with meals, all 3 places to eat were open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter