• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reviews - 9/30-10/5

disneymom2twins

As my nephew says...."Chip and Dip"
Day 1:

Crystal Palace for lunch - Had to wait about 20 minutes to sit. The selection wasn't bad. Fresh salads, the chicken fingers off of the kids bar were awesome. Pizza, sliced meats, not bad, but I have had much better buffets in Vegas for this price (but we had free dining so who cares?) Service was good, character interaction was good.

POR food court for dinner - I just had a burger that was perfectly fine to eat. Nothing special. DH had the chicken and ribs that he enjoyed. We both took a big chocolate chip cookie to bring back to the room as our dessert.

Day 2:

POR food court for breakfast - I had the french toast - good, but cold. DH had mickey waffles. He said the same thing. I think it was the syrup.

Pizza Planet for lunch - was actually pleasantly surprised. Being from NJ and being very picky about pizza, I didn't think this was terrible. Got the combo and the salad was very fresh, and the pizza was definitely tasty. Not like Jersey pizza, but not even close to being like Pizza Hut or Dominos or some nasty frozen carboard pizza. Got a rice krispie treat for dessert and saved it for later.

LTT for dinner - reservation was for 7:05, didn't get seated until 7:30 and they were turning people away at the door. The food was good, tasted like what you would get at a diner. The girls were cranky at this point because it was so late, but they did ok. Sam was our server, a little slow with drinks and stuff, but not too bad.

Day 3:

POR food court for breakfast - usual stuff, had the croissant sandwich actually pretty good, but the cheese could have been melted a little more

Japan for lunch - best meal of the week. They gave us a "free sample" of the seaweed salad - some people liked it, I thought it should stay in the ocean. I had a garden salad, the chicken and shrimp, and vanilla ice cream. Everything was very good, but they got cheap on the noodles.

Pecos Bills - we were at MK for MNSSHP, and used our CS for dinner. Had the grilled chicken wrap and fries - it was excellent. Everyone had either this or burgers, and there were no complaints.

Day 4:

Donald's Breakfastosaurus - food wasn't bad, but the selection wasn't the greatest. The breakfast pizza was awesome, and I was glad to get yogurt on the fruit bar for the girls.

Pizzafari for lunch - just split some breadsticks here, we weren't hungry but had to feed the girls - they were actually quite good.

Planet Hollywood for dinner - we used the AAA voucher, but at this point I was so sick of eating, I didn't mind the caesar salad. Dinner was actually very good. DH had a burger, my dad had some pasta with broccoli, mom a cobb salad that she said was excellent.

Day 5:

POR food court - see day 3 :)

The Lunching Pad - this place to seem to have the biggest selection for counter service that we had seen. I had the turkey and cheese wrap - not as good as Pecos Bills, but not bad. Got cookies for dessert that we ate later.

Alfredos - talk about Jekyl and Hyde's. Got there a little early and were actually seated - we were all so tired we wanted to leave but were looking forward to this meal. The appetizers were sooo good, but dinner was eh... I had the mozzerella salad, mom the fried calamari, dad a caesar, and DH the soup. We all raved about it. For dinner, I had the pasta trio, but instead of the dumplings that were filled with fungus (or to others, mushrooms) I asked if they could switch it with the fettuccini alfredo. They did without hesitating. Then dinner came - the lasagne and the ziti tasted not quite as bad as chef boyardee, but more like Stoffer's. The fetticcini was good, but too much cheese flavor for me. I didn't mind it not creamy, but too muched aged parmesan for my taste. Dessert I had some vanilla chocolate cake which was ok. This started off so promising, then went south really quick.

Day 6:

Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Again, had to wait about 20 minutes. Breakfast was really good - the puffed french toast was worth it alone. It was basically a zeppole with granualated sugar. No syrup necessary!! The omletes were cooked to order, everything, including the service and the characters were good. Second best meal of the trip.

Lunch at POR food court - God I am sick of this place. With 20 minutes left before our bus, we scarfed down another edible burger.

That's it. But I will say we left with 7 snack credits left. All I used was one dole whip (mmmm dole whips) and two ice cream sodas from Tamu Tamu and got the pluto straw :thumbsup2 . We ended up buying boxes of shortbread cookies from the gift shop and brought them home.

<<They gave us a "free sample" of the seaweed salad - some people liked it, I thought it should stay in the ocean>>

:rotfl:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

disneymom2twins said:
Day 1:
All I used was one dole whip (mmmm dole whips) and two ice cream sodas from Tamu Tamu and got the pluto straw :thumbsup2 . We ended up buying boxes of shortbread cookies from the gift shop and brought them home.

Does the Tamu Tamu Ice Cream Sodas still come in the take home cups? You mentioned the straw and I was wondering about the cup.

Nice review.

Thanks,

Maz

MickeyMaz said:
Does the Tamu Tamu Ice Cream Sodas still come in the take home cups? You mentioned the straw and I was wondering about the cup.

Nice review.

Thanks,

Maz

I used this as a snack credit. If you purchase the one that is $3.75, you just get the straw. They did have the take home cups, but they were like $6-$7. Not bad, but not available with the snack credit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter