Dining w/o DH

Princess&Pooh

Earning My Ears
I have been planning a WDW trip for myself and my daughter for some time now. My DH now wants to join us as his father lives in the Orlando area. He doesn't want to do the parks at all but since we have a package including the dining plan we had to purchase a ticket and dining plan for him also.

He doesn't plan on being around much as he wants to spend time with his father. Their relationship is strained a bit (father is remarried) so he will be coming back and staying with us. He may do an evening meal or two with us (outside of the parks) but that is all he will be around. I know we can save his ticket for later use (I know we will be back) but what about the dining credits? Can DD and I use them for our CRT meal and maybe one other character meal?

I know it sounds strange but this is my 2nd (and final ;) ) marriage and DD is his step daughter. I have met his dad but his new wife has strained a lot of the relationship. DD & I may spend an afternoon or evening with them but that is all. After all DD and I have been planning the trip for a long time -- months before he decided to join us!

Yes you can use the credits. Try to get a couple of signature dining places that require 2 credits. How many nights will you be staying? CRT is good, and The HHDR is good my dgd age 4 loved it. :sunny:

Thanks for the info1 We will be there for six nights. I figure he will use the CS for breakfasts at the hotel and then maybe 2 evening meals with us so there will be 4 TS credits left. We have CRT scheduled so if we can use them we are down to 2 credits = character meal. Any suggestions? We already have CRT and Chef Mickey's scheduled.

Princess&Pooh said:
I know it sounds strange . . .

When it comes to Disney vacations, NOTHING sounds strange to me anymore. I say, whatever works for your family is the best way for you to do the trip. At least you'll get to see your dh at night and maybe even for a couple of meals. And, I'd be all over his dining credits! Whether you try some of the signature restaurants or decide to do 2 TS's per day, you and dd should just indulge yourselves. (And good for you for not giving up your trip just because he decided to join you at the last minute.)

Yes, you can save his unused park ticket for a future trip. You can use his dining credits any way you'd like--dinner shows, signature dining, 2 TS meals in one day, or whatever floats your boat.

You can do a character breakfast....then do a regular dinner. They each use a TS. Obviously, you're not in a position to be concerned about getting the best dollar value for the credits--use them to have fun.

One of the dinner shows, maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter