Dining with Small Kids Boardwalk Area/ Epcot

Have a trip coming up the week before Christmas of 2018 at The Boardwalk Villas. My wife and I are bringing our 2.5 year old and 6 month old up to Disney for a week (19-25th) We are also bringing a family friend as backup. We are pretty adventurous eaters, but we like basics like burgers and pizza too. I have 3 questions in regards to dining:

1. Any good restaurant recommendations for the area around The Boardwalk and Epcot especially with 2 little ones?

2. We are planning to eat in Epcot and want to park hop there multiple evenings for food... how should we manage the crowds close to Christmas in regards to dining?

3. We are going to spend some time in MK, what are some good kid-friendly restaurants either in that park or in nearby hotels that we can use for a break in the afternoon? I was not impressed with the food at Be Our Guest and love O'hana but am worried that a terrible 2 year old may be too noisy there.

Thanks!

1. Cape May Cafe has a really good buffet. There are characters at breakfast. Big River Grill is family and budget friendly. The Fountain has good burgers and ice cream. I love Beaches & Cream, but Fountain is easier to get into and more laid back. It may be better for kiddos.

2. La Hacienda is good food, and we often see children there. Restaurant Marrakesh has interesting food, and little ones like the music and dancing.

3. Kona Cafe has good food, and is just a short monorail ride away from MK. It can be quiet, but is often loud. No one will have a problem with a noisy 2 year old. For a quicker stop, Captain Cooke's is worth the ride over to the Poly as well. They serve Tonga Toast for breakfast much cheaper than Kona.

Just enjoy yourself. 2 is such a magical age at Disney.

With two children ages 2.5 and 6 months, I think Garden Grill is a great choice. When we had dinner there, the characters were Chip and Dale, Mickey and Pluto. Both my kids were thrilled! Also, since it is not a buffet you won't have to take turns going up to the buffet line to get food while the other parent stays with the baby. Ask for a booth - if your baby is like mine were at that age, he/she may even fall asleep in the car/stroller seat and you can place it right there in the booth! Food gets delivered to the table (family style) so IMO it is a much more relaxing experience than a buffet. Also, since the restaurant spins, your little ones will be able to see different scenery. We enjoyed the food as well - many of the veges are grown in the greenhouse from Living with Land. enjoy!

Biergarten has a delicious buffet and great kid's selection. My DD has loved the show at ages 3 and 4 and we are going again. Relaxed atmosphere. We enjoy that DD can dance and get the wiggled out and we don't feel rushed eating like you do at so many Disney restaurants now.

Holidays around the world festival offers some good quick choices for casual eating in Epcot. When we stayed Christmas week at the Beach Club, we liked hopping there in the evening for fondue, roast pork, sushi, whatever struck our fancy. I tend to prefer to book a sit down midday meal, as our kids' evening endurance is unpredictable. Beaches and Cream is a fun, kid friendly option. We, too, recommend Cape May dinner, thought Tratorria al Forno was decent (not spectacular). Our favorite break restaurant for an MK day is Grand Floridian Cafe. We go once or twice every trip, including when our youngest was a babe or toddler, and have always found it delicious, restful, and easy for children. The Wave is another great choice. We don't like fighting crowds (quick service places are pretty mad crowded that week in parks), and tend to like peaceful versus fun restaurants. Other favorite food memories in the area you ask about are Rose and Crown, Hurricane Hannas for simple sandwiches, Les Halle's (eaten outside on a wall) or Sunshine Seasons. The only place I would avoid at all costs is the Boardwalk Pizza window. Truly terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter