• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner before MVMCP?

KateMW

DIS Veteran
Should we make an ADR somewhere for dinner? It will be our first day and we are just going to go look at Christmas decorations, get settled before the party. Son's 1st trip.

If yes, where should we go? What would be a good time to book? You can get in to MK a little early for the party right?

You can get in to MK at 4pm so you would need to do a very early dinner. I wouldn't waste any time in the parks with a table service because you want to spend every minute enjoying the party. If eating before is too early then just do a really late lunch and grab some snacks during the party or a quick service. With all the free cookies and stuff you may not need anything if you do a late lunch. For our party last year we had a late lunch at Sanaa then went to the party. It was perfect and we didn't miss dinner at all. I think our lunch reservations were at 1:15 or so and we probably got sat around 1:30. Had plenty of time to eat and get to MK by 4. Later that evening we just got the free cookies and were fine.

If you really want a sit down that's not long or too fancy I would try to get an adr at The Plaza around 4:30. I think they will let you in to the MK at 4pm.
We have had meals at Skippers Canteen and Liberty Tree Tavern around this time before the parties before.

Last year they had so many snacks at the party - eggnog, hot chocolate, sparkling cider, cookies, chocolate, pretzels (not the big disney ones).

We skipped the dessert at Skippers. Glad we did.

Last time we had dinner at LTT. Ate early, but still too much food for snacks later on.

You could do a late lunch/early dinner at one of the hotels on the monorail loop. All the hotels are decorated for the holidays and it’s fun to see the different themes!

I would do a late lunch at a TS along the monorail (or WL and boat). Don't waste your expensive MVMCP time w/ a TS in the park during the party!

We are going to the Christmas party on our arrival day on December 11th. Our plan is to get settled in and tour the hotel. Go to the Hoop de Doo for dinner (hoping for that 4:00) and the. Take the boat to MK for the party. But of course that will probably mean we don’t get there until about 6 or 6:30 but we are ok with that.

I really like Skipper's Canteen. I'd check the menu for the kids, but it's in a good location to start the party. I'm planning to have dinner in Magic Kingdom on the day of my party around 4:45pm.

Should we make an ADR somewhere for dinner? It will be our first day and we are just going to go look at Christmas decorations, get settled before the party. Son's 1st trip.

If yes, where should we go? What would be a good time to book? You can get in to MK a little early for the party right?

If you want to eat outside the park, I would either eat a late lunch prior to entering MK at 4 pm (and then, perhaps, grab QS in the park later in the evening) or, do your resort decorations tour, enter the park at 4 pm and then have an ADR in MK around 5 pm (I would only do this if you aren't lining up for character meet and greets as you'll need to line up for characters very early). We've gone to a few parties and we really like to do a TS ADR around 5 pm as, by that time, the party crowds and the general day crowds are in the park and it starts to feel very crowded. If we eat at 5 pm, the day crowd is typically gone by the time we're done eating.

We are going to party on nov 25. We always try to go to liberty tree tavern at 430 so by tune we are done the crowds are starting to thin out a bit.

I think I'm going to try for Ohana around 3:30 or 4 and then head over for the party. I think my son will need a full meal in a less overwhelming setting {inside the park for the first time, I'm sure he won't eat!} the more I think about it. Then we'll head over for his first look of WDW! So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter