Dinner Tonight

Large baked potato with a ton of butter, bacon, sour cream and cheese. I need to gain about 40 pounds. (Just got out of the hospital after a month). Haven’t decided on which vegetables yet.

I am making One Pot Chickpea Birayni from Thug Kitchen 101, it’s almost ready and it smells amazing, can’t wait to try it soon!

Burgers tonight. We were going to have them last night, but we started munching on snacks and appetizers mid-afternoon and decided to skip them.

The chicken that was supposed to be tonight is postponed until tomorrow.

Same situation in our house but replace burgers with sloppy joes. We even have chicken on the menu for tomorrow night.

Leftovers of what we took to the Super Bowl pot luck at the local microbrewery. It's chicken/andouille jambalaya soup with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, carrots, roasted corn, and rice. Not terribly unhealthy at all, and I didn't eat any of it last night so it's practically like a new meal!

I made Weight Watchers approved food yesterday so we’re having leftovers today. Vegetarian quinoa chili topped with avocado, cheese, cilantro or tator tots.

Do you have a recipe to share for the vegetarian quinoa chili? That sounds interesting

Personally I had a fried egg on an English Muffin for dinner, husband had leftover salad fixings - kids haven't even got home from school yet so hopefully someone took pity and brought pizza to school or I imagine they will be eating mac n cheese or chicken nuggets quick before trying to do their homework as they fall asleep.

Friday they said it would freeze here, so I went out to my lettuce garden and harvested two giant bowls and covered it with tarps...then they said it would be warmer in the mornings.....Let us count the ways fresh organic food can served for dinner tonight.

Do you have a recipe to share for the vegetarian quinoa chili? That sounds interesting

Personally I had a fried egg on an English Muffin for dinner, husband had leftover salad fixings - kids haven't even got home from school yet so hopefully someone took pity and brought pizza to school or I imagine they will be eating mac n cheese or chicken nuggets quick before trying to do their homework as they fall asleep.

I used this recipe but used less chili powder and no green chiles since I have young kids.

Literally 0 left of food in my house. Trying to get my daughter to go shopping with me because she stops in between classes and she has yet to go. Been holding out for her because grocery shopping is 44 miles one way since the shelves in my town are empty and 2.5 gallon of gas is a lot cheaper than the increase to go to my real grocery store. I don't have the extra $100 to spend at Giant Eagle every week.

So, I guess dinner will actually be healthy because I'll be just stopping at Aldis for some salad. Though I do have a bit of steak left so it may be steak salad, which being in western PA, that means french fries to make it unhealthy, LOL.

So much easier to be forced to cook for a family because you have to rather than yourself when it's cheap to pick something up because it's just you. Love cooking, hate the time it takes.

So, I guess dinner will actually be healthy because I'll be just stopping at Aldis for some salad. Though I do have a bit of steak left so it may be steak salad, which being in western PA, that means french fries to make it unhealthy, LOL.

I live in MD now but am from WV and I have always had steak salad with fries. They don't do that here. A steak salad isn't a steak salad without some french fries on top!

I live in MD now but am from WV and I have always had steak salad with fries. They don't do that here. A steak salad isn't a steak salad without some french fries on top!
Absolutely. Like I've mentioned in other "weird food" or local food threads, middle of northern NY on bicycles my buddy says, "Wonder what they'll say if I ask for fries on my salad." Which the waitress was walking past, she paused, pointed at my menu, "Pittsburgh salad is right here." LOL

Apparently it's international homemade soup day?

I have the day off so I took a bunch of leftovers out of the freezer, added beef stock, and have had it simmering for hours.

It has leftover vegetarian vegetable soup, leftover beef roast/roasted veggies, and leftover spaghetti sauce. It smells amazing! Will serve with grilled cheese.

Last night was Wegmans sushi.

Tonight is pork chops with baked sweet potato and stuffing.

Tomorrow is Mexican quinoa.... and that's as far as I got for the rest of the week...

I didn't take anything out for tonight. There is still soup leftover, but that won't be enough for DH. We'll have takeout of some sort with it.

Tomorrow and Thursday, DH and DS will be out of town. I will be having Indian food one night and Thai food another night. DH doesn't want to try either cuisine, except for Pad Thai (I want a panang curry). He's very fussy and I like when he goes away so I can make/eat the things I don't make when he is home. He doesn't know what he's missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter