Direct bait and switch?

blackcat19

AstridtheDragonCat
Hi folks!
My family and I have been back and forth on a DVC purchase (our first one!) for a bit and finally decided to take the jump. After discussing, we decided to get the first 150 points direct to get blue card status, with the understanding that any we purchased later would likely be resale for the cheaper cost. We decided animal kingdom Kidani Village was where we wanted to be, especially since the difference between direct and resale wasn’t crazy high for that resort.
We went back and forth with our agent for a few days… with it being the end of October/beginning of November we are between two deals. However, when the new deal came out, our agent stated the discount was 6$ off /point with a $750 credit. The October offer was $4 per point. We said great, finalized, and just got sent the paperwork… and turns out it is $5 off per point, which IS the $750 credit, not both as we were told. Has anyone had this experience? Is there anything we can do? Haven’t signed the contract yet, waiting to determine if this was a miscommunication or what…

You had your guide go over the details than leave the room. Giving you a time to think. Then have a quality assurance manager go over the same paperwork with you.
As mentioned above, can't go back now.

It sounds like it was a misunderstanding. But, given the thepaperwork came with what it did, that has to be the actual offer.

I doubt it’s was on purpose because you have 10 days from signing a contract to cancel it.

So, it’s probably a situation of having to decide if direct is still worth it.

You had your guide go over the details than leave the room. Giving you a time to think. Then have a quality assurance manager go over the same paperwork with you.
As mentioned above, can't go back now.
It was all by phone, so there’s been a lot of back and forth.

OP stated they haven’t signed the contract yet. Also stated everything was by phone....so none of the conversation was in writing. Whether the miscommunication was intentional or not, who can say. If it doesn’t seem worth it to you, then just walk away. Unless you have a way to prove otherwise. I’d be annoyed too if I was presented with something other than what I thought I was getting.

I'd agree a misunderstanding. For all the things that DVC may do Bait and Switch is not one. It'll be a decision to take the $5 off and sign or just not sign.
Sorry it happened because even if an honest mistake it leaves a bad feel over a deal.

I think the way word a lot of the discounts make it seem like there are two discounts, when really they are just stating it two ways. That's always been my impression anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter