Direct to room service

2minny

DIS Veteran
We have a group of 13 heading to Disney, Old Key West - would you recommend doing the direct to room early check in, or go to the front desk when we arrive. We are hoping to get rooms in the same building, not sure if going to the front desk would be a better idea for that. Or does it matter? Thanks!

First do you have Cash reservation or DVC Members stay (including points rentals) or a mix?

Online Check-in does not prohibit you from stopping by at the lobby. And I would suggest it if your group is arriving at different times of the day or on different days. How many rooms are you trying to locate in the same building?

Dave

Rooms are assigned several days before you check in, so your best bet would be to call the reservation line ( or have the DVC owner call if it was booked on points) and request to be near one another. Then call back later and make sure it’s on the reservation. Then you can also go to the front desk when you physically check in to see if they could fulfill your request. If you wait until the day of check-in, it will be more difficult for them to move things around for more than one or two rooms.

Thank you - four rooms, booked through DVC and requested through DVC to be in the same building.

Thank you - four rooms, booked through DVC and requested through DVC to be in the same building.
In that case, it doesn't matter whether you do online checkin or not. I would go to the front desk when you arrive, to ask whether your request was fulfilled or not. If not, they may be able to move things around then.

If you do online checkin, leave the room request section blank. If you enter anything there, it will overwrite the request you made through DVC.

You may be able to see your room numbers before you arrive in the mobile app. If they’re all in the same building, great.

I will warn you that I assess it as pretty darn unlikely that Disney will accommodate a request for 4 rooms in the same building.

In addition to requesting that you all be in the same building, ask Member Services to denote “traveling with” on each reservation. This is a reliable way for the room assigner to see the reason for your “request”. We had a group of 12 staying in (2) BR’s at OKW and they gave us adjacent 2BR’s on the top floor of one of the buildings.

Do you have near hospitality house? I’ve done a number of vacations at Old Key West with multiple rooms. They have always been able to get the rooms pretty close together although not in the same building. Except this last time when for the first time I reserved near hospitality house. There are a lot fewer buildings in that category so it was harder to get us close together.

Update - They had us all in the same building when we arrived, however building 54 was extremely far from Hospitality House. It was fine, but I wouldn't recommend that building to others. We enjoyed overlooking the golf course, and we liked our bus being 2nd for drop off and last for pick up each morning - but there wasn't an easy way to get to the Hospitality House - other than sitting through 4-5 bus stops (and they take a while), or walking. Overall, a great stay, not my favorite resort, but not my least favorite either. It was fine, it did the job.

Update - They had us all in the same building when we arrived, however building 54 was extremely far from Hospitality House. It was fine, but I wouldn't recommend that building to others. We enjoyed overlooking the golf course, and we liked our bus being 2nd for drop off and last for pick up each morning - but there wasn't an easy way to get to the Hospitality House - other than sitting through 4-5 bus stops (and they take a while), or walking. Overall, a great stay, not my favorite resort, but not my least favorite either. It was fine, it did the job.
Glad (and surprised!) they at least you all in one building!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter