Directions from airport to WDW

Amere

Earning My Ears
We will be coming in on Thursday, Feb. 20 around 3:30. We are not planning on going to the parks until the next day, but would love to acclimate ourselves with the area since we have never been. After we pick up our Alamo rental car, how do we get to Disney from there?

We found the best way is to use the North Exit and take Highway 528 west to I-4 and go west to Disney. During peak times, I-4 can become a parking lot . Without traffic tie ups, it should take you about 20 minutes to get to the Disney area and then some extra time to find your resort.

We always do the south exit to 417. Go through 2 tollbooths ($1 each), get off at exit 6, International Drive. Go straight, that takes you to 536 (Epcot Center Drive). Should only take 20- 30 minutes, and you won't have any traffic tie ups like on I-4.

We always do the south exit to 417. Go through 2 tollbooths ($1 each), get off at exit 6, International Drive. Go straight, that takes you to 536 (Epcot Center Drive). Should only take 30 minutes, and you won't have any traffic tie ups like on I-4.

It takes you THAT LONG???? LOL :)

We always use the south exit to 417. There isn't much traffic on this road (2 lanes in each direction) because it is south of the main area of Orlando. On the other hand, 528 to I-4 is right in the middle of Orlando's main traffic.

I've been reading this thread with interest, since this is the first time we'll be renting a car and having to drive to WDW for our first trip "home" to Beach Club Villas.

I've already decided that the South exit to 417, then take exit 6 (Int'l Drive) is the way to go.

One question: Is there an Albertson's on the way? We will need to do a grocery stop.

Thanks as always,
Nancy :earsgirl:

I too say use the south entrance..much less traffic and it doesn't take 30 minutes...maybe about 20. There is an Albertsons at the 417 exit on OBT. It will be right as you come down the exit ramp...just go straight across, but you will need to pay a toll to use that exit.

Thanks kylara! I'm an incessant planner and like to have these things all planned out beforehand.

Nancy :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter