DIS Dads Motorsports

I still think NASCAR should vacate all points for violations like that unless there were mechanical failures...you'd see them straighten up real quick like:confused3
Yeah, and you know there had to be something really fishy going on with this one. They didn't even appeal the penalty. I think that's the first time in the history of NASCAR that someone has just taken the penalty and gone on without even trying to fight it.:lmao:

Time for the weekly NASCAR Fantasy League update. Gotta be honest... aside from looking and seeing the final results I have no idea what happened yesterday. We were having a cookout yesterday evening, so I didn't see any of the race at all.

Summer Standings
  1. Rolling Tunder Racing 345
  2. $6 Disney Racers 339
  3. Mater's Racers 302
  4. Test Track Dummies 276
  5. Pride Rock Motorsports 260
  6. DF Racing 252
  7. Duck Martin 236
  8. Taxidermy Tech 234
  9. Jungle Cruisers 213

Season Standings
  1. Duck Martin 3598
  2. Mater's Racers 3439
  3. Jungle Cruisers 3354
  4. DF Racing 3301
  5. Pride Rock Motorsports 3293
  6. Rolling Thunder Racing 3288
  7. Test Track Dummies 3269
  8. $6 Disney Racers 3228
  9. Taxidermy Tech 3131

The Summer segment is still starting to shake itself out, but Rolling Thunder racing made a huge statement this week by putting 345 points on the board. The overall season is still pretty much wide open. A couple of races can erase the deficit and move somebody up or down in the standings. DF Racing has been proving this the past couple of weeks by slowly but steadily moving up in the standings.

Our high score for the week belongs to Rolling Thunder Racing, 345 pts.
  • Matt Kenseth
  • Clint Bowyer
  • Mark Martin
  • Paul Menard

Turns out...if I had forgotten to set my line-up...I would have been better off with the previous weeks team. :sad2:

I am glad I am having a second better half so far. Was getting a little discouraged after those Spring results.

Yeah, just a slight improvement. :lmao::rotfl2:

I'll try to get the updated standings up sometime. I haven't had time to get around to it yet this week.

Ok, I'm a little bit behind, but here we go with the updates. First of all 2 weeks ago we had some road course action in California. Kurt Busch dominated and it is pretty obvious that nobody saw that one coming since absolutely nobody had him in their starting lineup.
Summer standings as of race 16
  1. $6 Disney Racers 614
  2. Rolling Thunder Racing 566
  3. Pride Rock Motorsports 558
  4. Mater's Racers 546
  5. Test Track Dummies 527
  6. Duck Martin 500
  7. Taxidermy Tech 498
  8. DF Racing 495
  9. Jungle Cruisers 437

High score of the week for the Toyota Savemart 350 went to Pride Rock Motorsports, 298 pts
  • Carl Edwards
  • Marcos Ambrose
  • Jeff Burton
  • Regan Smith

Fast forward 1 week to week 17 at Daytona where we saw a relatively clean race end like every other restrictor plate race I've ever seen. As always, it was an ugly wild card type finish that saw a lot of good cars thrown into the scrap pile. Not much else you can say about a race like that. The lucky ones survived, the not so lucky ones didn't.:confused3

Summer standings as of race 17
  1. $6 Disney Racers 883
  2. Rolling Thunder Racing 837
  3. Mater's Racers 800
  4. Duck Martin 794
  5. Taxidermy Tech 793
  6. Pride Rock Motorsports 771
  7. Test Track Dummies 766
  8. DF Racing 765
  9. Jungle Cruisers 694

High score of the week for the Coke Zero 400 went to Taxidermy Tech, 295 pts
  • Jeff Gordon
  • Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
  • Mark Martin
  • Paul Menard

Current Overall Standings
  1. Duck Martin 4156
  2. Mater's Racers 3937
  3. Jungle Cruisers 3835
  4. DF Racing 3814
  5. Pride Rock Motorsports 3804
  6. Rolling Thunder Racing 3780
  7. $6 Disney Racers 3772
  8. Test Track Dummies 3759
  9. Taxidermy Tech 3690

Well, I've finally had a chance to at least get caught up on the standings and get a post on here.

If anybody is going to be attending any upcoming races, let me know. I'll definitely be in Kentucky this weekend for the Cup race and possibly Friday night for the Nationwide race too. I'll also be going to both the Nationwide and Cup races in Indy in 2 weeks. If anybody will be at either race and wants to make a quick DIS Dad's meet, let me know!

Well, the traffic jam 400 has come and gone. Kentucky Speedway finally got to host a Cup race and it say that it was total chaos would be a gross understatement. Fortunately, we've been to that track before for Nationwide events and know a "back" way in so we park north of the track in somebody's yard and get in and out fairly easy. It is usually a 2 hour drive to the track. We made it to the track in 2 hours and it only took us about an extra 15 min getting home. For the chaos surrounding the track, we made it in and out very easily. I'm just afraid that my secret will be more widely known by next year.

For a sell out, there were a lot of empy seats. 2 seats to my right, 6 seats in front of us and a WHOLE ROW behind us were empty from start to finish. We could see the tops of trucks going down I-71 from our seats and they were crawling along all through the race. We talked to a couple sitting near us and they said they live just a few miles away from the track and they just walked. They have a friend from Eastern KY about a 3 hour drive away who was supposed to meet them at the race. During one of the late race cautions they told us their friend was still on I-71 and he had been there for 9 hours. On top of that, the lots filled up and they started sending cars past the track on down the road because they had no place to park them. I really feel bad for the people who spent good money on tickets they couldn't use because the state of KY and SMI weren't ready to handle the crowd. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned for next year. If not, the Cup race might leave Kentucky in a lot shorter time than it took to get it there.

Here's a pic I got at the start of the race. I didn't take any after, because I refuse to have a picture of Shrub doing burnouts on my phone.
5926509982_6aaf2f1eb3_z.jpg

That said, the race was pretty boring... I was very disappointed because the Nationwide cars always put on a good show there. Passing was minimal and they basically played follow the leader until the last 20 laps or so. It is all good though, because I finally got the high score of the week.:thumbsup2

Summer Standings
  1. $6 Disney Racers 1173
  2. Rolling Thunder Racing 1141
  3. Test Track Dummies 1100
  4. Duck Martin 1054
  5. Mater's Racers 1023
  6. Pride Rock Motorsports 1017
  7. Taxidermy Tech 982
  8. DF Racing 981
  9. Jungle Cruisers 874

Season Standings
  1. Duck Martin 4416
  2. Mater's Racers 4160
  3. Test Track Dummies 4093
  4. Rolling Thunder Racing 4084
  5. $6 Disney Racers 4062
  6. Pride Rock Motorsports 4050
  7. DF Racing 4030
  8. Jungle Cruisers 4015
  9. Taxidermy Tech 3879

High score of the week for the Quaker State 400 goes to Test Track Dummies, 334 pts.
  • Kurt Busch
  • Brad Keselowski
  • Kasey Kahne
  • David Ragan

There was a lot of movement in the standings this week, but there are still about 6 or 7 teams that are all within reach of each other and big shakeups like that can easily become the norm. Next week: Loudon.

I just finished reading some of the horror stories around the track. Sounds a lot worse than around here at Pocono.

If you ever make that trek, let me know and I will definitely meet you there.

BTW, I'm still holding up the top of the leader board!

I just finished reading some of the horror stories around the track. Sounds a lot worse than around here at Pocono.

If you ever make that trek, let me know and I will definitely meet you there.

BTW, I'm still holding up the top of the leader board!

I think everybody knew it was going to be bad for traffic. 99% of the crowd comes in on I-71 and have to get off on one of 2 possible 2 lane highways. When you have 125,000 people trying to get to the same place on one of 2 2 lane roads it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there's going to be a logjam.:lmao: I just take 2 lane roads all the way from home and avoid the main hwy's and sneak in from the north. It's the long way there, but much quicker in the end.

I'd like to go to some other races, Pocono being one of them. Time and money are limiting factors. Indy and Kentucky being the closest to home are easy ones to get to though.

Well, motorsport related, although not racing... I was at a truck pull at a county fair a few nights ago. They had a 3.0 Diesel Unlimited class. A guy debuted his new pulling truck at that pull that evening. He has a beautiful 1948 Chevy truck cab sitting on a 4 wheel drive chasis with an engine from an International 1066 tractor under the hood. Didn't do too bad, but it was by far one of the most awesome looking trucks I've ever seen in a diesel class.

Well, here's the weekly update from the NASCAR Fantasy League. It was an interesting race at the flat track of New Hampshire in the heat, but it ended up being a huge day for Stewart Haas Racing as they swept the top spots and are making a statement that they're ready compete through the second half of the season. Also making a statment was the $6 Disney Racers as they took the high score of the week to take a stronger grasp on the top spot for the summer segment.

Summer Standings
  1. $6 Disney Racers 1471
  2. Rolling Thunder Racing 1393
  3. Mater's Racers 1309
  4. Test Track Dummies 1300
  5. Pride Rock Motorsports 1266
  6. Duck Martin 1262
  7. DF Racing 1225
  8. Taxidermy Tech 1205
  9. Jungle Cruisers 1044

Overall Standings
  1. Duck Martin 4624
  2. Mater's Racers 4446
  3. $6 Disney Racers 4360
  4. Rolling Thunder Racing 4336
  5. Pride Rock Motorsports 4299
  6. Test Track Dummies 4293
  7. DF Racing 4274
  8. Jungle Cruisers 4185
  9. Taxidermy Tech 4102

High score of the week for the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 goes to $6 Disney Racers, 298 pts
  • Carl Edwards
  • Martin Truex
  • Ryan Newman
  • Regan Smith

This week is an off week and then the following week they will be running on one of the most historic racetracks in the world (which just so happens to be my "home" track). I just wish you could see all the way around the place and it was easier to pass. :rolleyes1 Either way, I expect a great show and as always, I'll be there right across from the 4th pit stall back from turn 1.:thumbsup2

I have decided this week that I need to start going to all the races if I plan to win this league. So far, the only 2 weeks I've had the highest score have been at 2 of the races that I have attended. If I could just find somebody to pay for it, I'd be set! :lmao::rotfl2:

Summer Standings
  1. Rolling Thunder Racing 1660
  2. $6 Disney Racers 1654
  3. Test Track Dummies 1615
  4. Mater's Racers 1563
  5. Duck Martin 1527
  6. DF Racing 1501
  7. Pride Rock Motorsports 1471
  8. Taxidermy Tech 1424
  9. Jungle Cruisers 1272

Season Standings
  1. Duck Martin 4889
  2. Mater's Racers 4700
  3. Test Track Dummies 4608
  4. Rolling Thunder Racing 4603
  5. DF Racing 4550
  6. $6 Disney Racers 4543
  7. Pride Rock Motorsports 4504
  8. Jungle Cruisers 4413
  9. Taxidermy Tech 4321

High score of the week from the Brickyard 400 goes to Test Track Dummies, 315 pts.
  • Jeff Gordon
  • Juan Pablo Montoya
  • Kasey Kahne
  • Paul Menard

I have to say it is really just a relief that I had high score at Indy. Considering the fact that I go to this race every year and really have a good feel about who consistently does and doesn't run well here, I expect a good score at this race. It is all down the crapper from here on out though. :rotfl2:

I have to say this was easily the most entertaining Brickyard 400 I've seen. The race rarely is in question in the final few laps. It was great seeing Gordon running down those slower cars over the last few laps... a couple more and he might have got Menard. I have to say I was glad to see Menard get a win at Indy though, that's pretty cool with the history his family has had at that track. No better place for him to score his first career win.

Next week, another flat track: Pocono

I've been slacking and not really keeping up with it like I should...

That is going to change from here on out...:lmao::lmao:hopefully

Once again, I've been slacking on the Fantasy NASCAR updates. I'm a little bit behind, but at least I remembered I needed to post when I went to set my line-up. Brad Keselowski went to Pocono on a mission and won despite a broken ankle. The Penske cars have been carrying the flag for Dodge and running very strong the past few weeks. This week they head to Watkins Glenn and the guys are going to have to remember how to turn right also.

Summer Standings
  1. Test Track Dummies 1905
  2. $6 Disney Racers 1894
  3. Rolling Thunder Racing 1871
  4. Mater's Racers 1862
  5. DF Racing 1792
  6. Pride Rock Motorsports 1730
  7. Duck Martin 1718
  8. Taxidermy Tech 1633
  9. Jungle Cruisers 1477

Season Standings
  1. Duck Martin 5080
  2. Mater's Racers 4999
  3. Test Track Dummies 4898
  4. DF Racing 4841
  5. Rolling Thunder Racing 4814
  6. $6 Disney Racers 4783
  7. Pride Rock Motorsports 4763
  8. Jungle Cruisers 4618
  9. Taxidermy Tech 4530

High score for the week in the Good Sam RV Insurance 500 goes to Mater's Racers, 299 pts
  • Kurt Busch
  • Clint Bowyer
  • Ryan Newman
  • Regan Smith

Anybody see that IRL race today? Wow! The IRL officials, to paraphrase a line from Days of Thunder, looked like a monkey humping a football out there. Ugly race to begin with, but then deciding to start the race when the track even looked wet on TV... They only get a few races on network TV each year and I'm pretty sure that mess at the end of today's race isn't what they want to put out there to build their brand. I've got to say though, I loved it when Will Power gave the :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (definitely not thumbs) to race control and the TV cameras caught it.:rotfl2::lmao: Good thing he drives for Penske. I'm sure he can afford the fines he'll be getting.

I know a lot of people rip NASCAR's road races, but I've got to say I kind of enjoy it. I don't think we need the Chicago Board of Trade bids on the big screen at work tomorrow. I'll definitely have to turn the race on.

Anybody see that IRL race today? Wow! The IRL officials, to paraphrase a line from Days of Thunder, looked like a monkey humping a football out there. Ugly race to begin with, but then deciding to start the race when the track even looked wet on TV... They only get a few races on network TV each year and I'm pretty sure that mess at the end of today's race isn't what they want to put out there to build their brand. I've got to say though, I loved it when Will Power gave the :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (definitely not thumbs) to race control and the TV cameras caught it.:rotfl2::lmao: Good thing he drives for Penske. I'm sure he can afford the fines he'll be getting.

I know a lot of people rip NASCAR's road races, but I've got to say I kind of enjoy it. I don't think we need the Chicago Board of Trade bids on the big screen at work tomorrow. I'll definitely have to turn the race on.

I have me own TV....:thumbsup2

I can't believe they started that race....that was extremely dangerous. I spilled my beer when the finger came out:lmao::lmao:

Fed, I almost needed your services this morning. Came into work and the big screen that I planned on watching the NASCAR race on got ripped off the wall Friday night. Nobody set our alarm Friday, but just out of dumb luck a sheriff deputy was driving by and saw the guy loading a big screen TV into a car and thought it looked kind of suspicious at 10 PM on a Friday.:lmao::rotfl2: We got our TV back, but now we have to replace wires that they cut... no race for me today.:sad2: I didn't even set the DVR because I thought I'd be watching at work.:headache:

What I can't figure out though is why he just took the TV. We checked security cameras and he was here for over half an hour waiting for his ride to come back. We have computer equipment everywhere, including a laptop that I had sitting on top of my desk not 20 feet away from the TV and he didn't touch it.:confused3

They didn't cut the power cord so we sent a guy to the store for a new HDMI cable this morning. I hung the TV up and hooked everything back up and it actually still works despite a few scratches and a scuffed up screen. I missed the start of the race, but I'm watching right now. At least I'll be able to see the finish.

We saw the video from where the guy ripped it off the wall. Our DirecTV box went flying across the room. I'm surprised it still worked. The stupid peanut butter then walked over, picked up the Directv box and draped the HDMI cable across the back of a bench to cut it with a knife... would've been quicker to unplug it. I guess that's why he's in jail and I work for a living.:confused3

Can you believe the performances that Brad Keselowski has been putting out there the last few weeks??? Wow! I'm really not a Penske or Keselowski fan, but you can't help but respect him. He's been running incredibly strong recently, but what he's done the last 2 weeks with a broken ankle has been absolutely impressive. The win at Pocono was impressive enough, but I thoroughly expected him to struggle at the Glen with all the shifting and braking he'd have to do. His second place finish Monday may be even more impressive than his win the week before. Congratulations to Marcos Ambrose on his first Cup win. I realize he's more of a road course expert than an oval guy, but still good to see him get a win. I love seeing all the new faces in Victory Lane this year. It makes the races a lot more fun to watch when you know that probably about 30 of the 43 drivers have a legitimate chance to win any given week.

Summer Standings
  1. Test Track Dummies 2182
  2. $6 Disney Racers 2121
  3. Rolling Thunder Racing 2075
  4. Mater's Racers 2069
  5. DF Racing 2066
  6. Pride Rock Motorsports 2031
  7. Duck Martin 2000
  8. Taxidermy Tech 1993
  9. Jungle Cruisers 1686

Season Standings
Duck Martin 5362
Mater's Racers 5206
Test Track Dummies 5175
DF Racing 5115
Pride Rock Motorsports 5064
Rolling Thunder Racing 5018
$6 Disney Racers 5010
Taxidermy Tech 4890
Jungle Cruisers 4827

The high score of the week for the Helluva Good Sour Cream Dips at the Glen, and the highest single week score of the season so far, goes to Taxidermy Tech, 360 pts.
  • Kyle Busch
  • Juan Pablo Montoya
  • Marcos Ambrose
  • Boris Said

Oh, and if anyone has Greg Biffle's address, please text it to Boris Said. Thank you.

3 weeks ago I lost my almost Season Long Point lead and was trailing by 7points...after this past week I'm back up by +173 points. :cool1:

Went with a new stratagy the last 3 weeks and it seems to be paying off. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter