DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

May i suggest a restart of this thread ? It so old.
I was in there, but requested to be be removed because I sold my points. I see MANY a folks o the list that are looong gone. The list is no where near accurate at this point.

Most of the folks are long gone.

May i suggest a restart of this thread ? It so old.
I was in there, but requested to be be removed because I sold my points. I see MANY a folks o the list that are looong gone. The list is no where near accurate at this point.

Most of the folks are long gone.
Do we need to be admins to do this? Should we do it by year or every other year?

Perhaps a thread that said “2023 DIS DVC 1000 Point Club”

I think the thread owner could just edit the top post every few days/weeks and keep it current. Kind of similar to how pangyal is the master of our ROFR tradition…

I’d nominate @UrsulaWantsYourSoul as our champion but I would also be glad to try and do this. Perhaps we can scrub the 2022 and 2023 posts from this thread as a start? I don’t want to step on Jim’s toes, but he has been away for a few months.

@Sandisw any advice or wisdom?

I can’t believe I’m in this club..
I read this thread years ago when we joined with only 150 at VGF. Thinking you all were nuts and there’s no way we would ever own that many points. Well we added on at the VGF pushing us over that 1000 mark. Still trying to figure out how we got here.. 🤪

150 VGF
120 AKL
309 BLT
250 CCV
200 VGF
Grand total 1029

We're at 1040:
420 Poly
340 VGC
280 RVA

It's unlikely we're done adding, likely will add more Poly points and possibly AUL, but we're not in a rush for those additions. We're also considering VDH.
We're now at 1515:
430 RVA
420 Poly
340 VGC
175 VDH
150 VGF

We were 'studio people' when we had 1040 points, with 1-2 short stays a year in a 1BR or a CCV Cabin. Now slowly converting our studio stays to 1BR. Still planning to do a CCV Cabin 1-2 short stays each year.

All of our DL stays are now converted to 1BR with the VDH add-on, as is our annual late-Fall WDW stay with the RVA/VGF add-ons.

Your post will likely get deleted by the moderators, as it violates forum rules. The cabins do not typically book by 7 months and May is a low demand time, so David's is accurate. You could also look on the rental forum for members offering points, and wait till closer to 7 months to approach a member with a large number of points for rent. You can't ask for rentals, but owners can offer points.
Oops, sorry about that and thank you for letting me know!

Wondering if anyone else here had a similar arc to me:
  • Bought in for a single, similar stay each year (plus a little extra for an occasional off-schedule stay)
  • Used that 'little extra' for an off-schedule stay, realized we really wanted more points
  • Started accumulating points to enable more stays, but not necessarily specific stays
  • Continued to use DVC a little bit more than expected/had points for
  • Broke 1000 point barrier at some point during this process
  • Now come full circle and adding points for specific stays again
    • No longer thinking about points generically, but rather "buying these points lets us do [specific room/dates stay] every (other) year" or something like that

Maybe said another way, we went from buying for a specific stay, to buying just to have more points, then back to buying for specific stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter