Dis Mom's Club?

Just wanted to pop in and say welcome to the new members! We have a busy day today ~ but I will be back tonight to catch up!!

Hi everyone! :goodvibes

My name is Jayme and I currently have two kids with one more on the way. My son is 14 and a huge Disney and Star Wars fan. :darth: My daughter just celebrated her 1st birthday at Disney World and loves Mickey and Pluto. She is definitely a little princess. :) And as for the new little one.. Well, we're not sure about the gender yet, we still have a few weeks to go before we find out! I'm due early September. :goodvibes

My husband is my best friend and is also a big Disney fan. :woohoo: He doesn't think a vacation would be a great vacation anymore unless it is to a Disney park. :thumbsup2 We are not DVC members yet, but we hope to be some time in the future. Our last trip was in February/March of this year.

I am currently a SAHM. Oh and.. we have decided to home school our son through our local charter program using the K12 system. Love it! We have been with K12 now for three years. And our son is actually starting high school this fall.. :scared1:

I guess that's it for right now.. Looking forward to getting to know all of you more! :goodvibes

Okay ~ would like to know when/where everyone's last WDW was!

Ours as a Family was my Surprise gift from DH for 4 days to see MVMCP and we stayed at Pop.

Just the girls and I hit the resorts for a few days in January and stayed at Animal Kingdom Villas and then Wilderness Lodge Villas.

Our next trip is in May at Beach Club Villas with us four and my mom. :) We are wicked excited! First trip with no diapers and no strollers!

Our last trip was a last minute trip for President's day weekend and my birthday, which is Valentine's day! The time before that was the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Our next trip is in July, unless we can make it down for another quick weekend trip!:rotfl2:

Our last visit was Feb 20-March 1, 2010. We did 7 nights at the Wilderness Lodge and then 2 nights at the Polynesian.

Hoping to go back next November, possibly for Thanksgiving! :thumbsup2

I so wish airfare weren't so expensive right now. I would be surprised if DH can make it until May. He usually likes a weekend preview trip before our real trip!

Right now I am trying to see if we could save more money and still eat all the places we want with TIW vs Deluxe dining.

Any of you use TIW? Something someone said that is making me think about it again is that Mimi would be able to order from the adult menu. *Sigh* now I am re-running all the numbers again! Oh yeah ~ we are table service junkies as I think it is much easier than QS with two little kids.

Our last trip to WDW was right after we got married in 2006, we did 3 nights at WDW and a 4 night cruise - it was fun. We went on another cruise in 2009 when the boys were 6 months we went on a 7 night cruise and didn't get to go to WDW sad.

We are going this year in June right after DH's birthday and right before the boys turn 2 we are staying at the BWV so excited. We are thinking of doing TIW as it is hard to do counter service with 2 toddlers and the dinning plan wouldn't work for us because my mom is coming for only part of the trip and she is staying with us in the villa.

Our last trip to WDW was right after we got married in 2006, we did 3 nights at WDW and a 4 night cruise - it was fun. We went on another cruise in 2009 when the boys were 6 months we went on a 7 night cruise and didn't get to go to WDW sad.

We are going this year in June right after DH's birthday and right before the boys turn 2 we are staying at the BWV so excited. We are thinking of doing TIW as it is hard to do counter service with 2 toddlers and the dinning plan wouldn't work for us because my mom is coming for only part of the trip and she is staying with us in the villa.

Do you have Annual Passes? You will need one to get the TIW. You could not list your mom on the ressie and then add her at the front desk when she gets there.

Probably not the right thing to do ~ but as long as you aren't exceeding the # of people I can't see how they would say no.

I've been trying to figure this one out too! My DD and I love to do TS and could do one for every meal. But everyone else just don't really care, 1/2 don't eat anything and the other 1/2 eat everything! :confused3 I spend hours and days running the numbers trying to figure out which is the best way... I really like that with the DDP, you don't have to think about the $$ that you're spending, its already taken care of! :thumbsup2

I'm trying to convince DH that we need to do a cruise in 2011! Looking at the 4 night. They really lowered the point requirements for DVCers on cruises, so that it what has inspired me!:rotfl:

I feel the same way too about not thinking about money while there. That really is a big draw for us more than the amount of food.

I don't think with TIW if we ate all the same amount of food we would save as much as DDXP. BUT ~ I think 90% of the time I wouldn't order a dessert. Also I could say 100% of the time we wouldn't all order an app, entrée and dessert.

We always end up using our snacks ALMOST exclusively to bring treats home. We end up with 70 snacks total (we upped Zoe's age so she could have dining) and usually will have more than 50 left at the end.

So I can see that our bill would be lower. I can see that our tips would be less.

Like I said the other advantage is Mimi getting to order what she wants and not just from the kiddie menu.

**Hmmm** back to the excel sheet!

I'm trying to convince DH that we need to do a cruise in 2011! Looking at the 4 night. They really lowered the point requirements for DVCers on cruises, so that it what has inspired me!:rotfl:

How much did they lower it to?? We have been renting DVC ~ but with DD starting Kindy in the fall at public school we will be saving TONS on tuition for private preschool.

We have seriously considered buying DVC and if the trade in for cruise were decent that might push DH over the line of no return.

What a great idea! I'd like to join in!
Cast~Me, 38, "My name is Angel and I am a Disneyaholic". I love to scrapbook, enjoy my kids and I am greatful to have..
DH...39, almost as big of a Disney addict...but not quite!
DS...15, sports nut, loves to vacation with us anywhere, makes us proud!
DS...13, computer geek (self proclaimed, I'm not being mean!), loves to vacation with us anywhere, another great kid.

Everyone of us turns 8 the moment we are on property at Disney!

Last trip to WDW was January 2009 but first trip to DL was January 2010!

Have to make dinner!

Welcome to the new members.

I missed a lot today, but I'm all caught up now! Our last trip was a surprise for the boys from November 14th-20th at VWL. We are going to HHI in August (the trip in the ticker). We all love the beach. We are also going back to WDW in November, the same week as last year. We can't decide on a resort, though. Right now we are booked at SSR, but hope to change at 7 months.

ViartaMama4- We used points for a 3 day cruise in 2008-it was so much fun! You should keep trying to talk DH into it. It took me years to get my DH to go and now he can't wait to do it again!

We do the DDP because it takes away so much of the stress.
DH loves to eat, and so do the rest of us, but...

As soon as we talk about eating "How much will this one cost me..."
Then when we sit down he'd look at the menu and "Can't believe what they charge at these places..."
When the meal came " sure hope it's worth the money..."
When the bill comes "Well, we might be doing hamburgers from here on out..."
Then the tip " Was she really worth that much?"
Leaving the restaurant "well, my wallet is sure lighter anyway..."

This way the meals are covered and ADR's area made, tips are in envelopes, and we're all happy. DH said he'll never go without the dining plan. :thumbsup2

How much did they lower it to?? We have been renting DVC ~ but with DD starting Kindy in the fall at public school we will be saving TONS on tuition for private preschool.

We have seriously considered buying DVC and if the trade in for cruise were decent that might push DH over the line of no return.

Just to let you know, right now there is a promotion going with DVC. If yo ubuy in you get a free cruise. Something to consider.

Can't stay on now, dinner is about done, but wanted to tell you that.

Hey ladies!

My dad actually told me about this thread...he's a Dis Dad. :P

Anywho!

I'm Seanaci, married to DH Ken, and we have one kiddo for now, Keegan (2). We currently live with my parents, Mimi (my mom) and Papa (my dad)...which allows me to be a stay at home mom and pay off bills (not to mention plan and take Disney trips). :)

I'm the Disney freak in the household. And love planning the trips. I pretty much planned and booked our 2008 trip. And I am currently working on planning, pricing, and then when we are able early next year booking the trip. :P

I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Here is an example of the points: (They lowered them for 2011)

2010 4nt
Standard Inside Stateroom - Deluxe Family Stateroom
Value season
77 points per 1st and 2nd person 146 Points
Regular season
101 points 191 points

2011 4nt
Same room cat.
Value season
70-73 points depending on room location 128-135
Regular season
84-89 points 157-164

All points listed are per person for the 1st & 2nd guests
Then there are lower points by age range for the 3rd/4th guests

And like, MickeyMom said if you purchase 160+ points through Disney, right now you can get a free cruise. Valid for AKV, BLT, SSR and GCV

New Member Purchase
160-219 points: 3-Night cruise in Ocean View cabin
220-269 points: 4-Night cruise in Ocean View cabin
270-319 points: 7-Night cruise in Ocean View cabin
320+ points: 7-Night cruise in Veranda cabin

The cruise is valid for up to 4 guests. Taxes and port fees are included. Gratuities are NOT included in this incentive.

Also, with a member referral if you do a phone tour you can get a $25 gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter