DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

CNBC said this morning that the disclosure of voting results before the close of voting may be illegal and is certainly inappropriate for the company advisors to be releasing it. What a mess...
The actual story did not say that the Company released the information. It only credits un-named sources.
Where is the $60M number coming from? They certainly did not spend much on outreach to individual shareholders, i hold what I consider a healthy number of shares and only got a few mailings and no calls (did receive one call from Trian). Where was all that money spent?
I've gotten several calls from both Trinan and Disney (at least that's what they said on the voice mails) and the required filing documents (proxy, ballots) from Disney. I wonder of the $60M number includes the normal, required filings.

I am not sure about $60M, bu I did see more than a few slick ads on YouTube asking me to vote with the Disney board - not that I own shares or anything.
Yes, if they were doing broad advertising like that, I could see it costing some dollars. I never stumbled across any ads like that though.

The actual story did not say that the Company released the information. It only credits un-named sources.
Those unnamed sources would have to be from the company or an agent of the company, no? Who else would have access to voting results? Or is there some independent observer who counts the votes?

I’m curious what the margins will be… Keep in mind Eisner actually won the vote that ended his career.

Yes, if they were doing broad advertising like that, I could see it costing some dollars. I never stumbled across any ads like that though.
I heard short ads on Marketplace on NPR for the past few weeks. It was usually after a segment wrapped up. About a 30 second spot. I don't think it costs a lot to advertise on NPR.

Of course it's an outside company that serves as the Inspector of Elections. Specifically for today's meeting, this one:

https://firstcoastresults.com/
Understood ,so who would be leaking results?
Depends how you define "leak." There have been articles for days totaling up the shares held by investors who made their voting intentions clear publicly. Anyone who studies who owns what can do that math. In addition, other major stockholders may have told Disney insiders or industry analysts how they had voted. The Reuters article said "people familiar with the matter," which could include lots of people outside of Disney.

I don't know whether CNBC has specific information that indicates inappropriate actions by one or more Disney employees. I'm just pointing out that there are plenty of ways to confidently predict the outcome of the directors vote without such actions.

Announcement on the shareholders meeting is that the Disney board got sufficient votes vs Trian / Blackwell, but results won't be official for another four days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter