DIS Unplugged Team - Tornado/Severe Weather 01/22/17

WDWFantasmicFan

Uber Disney Fan
As very severe weather heads into the Central Florida area, including tornadoes, I hope all of the DIS Unplugged team stay safe tonight. After the event, this thread will be updated once we've confirmed members of the DIS team are safe.

UPDATE: All safe, as seen below, Twitter, or on DIS Unplugged podcast 01/24.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you and John are ok so far, @DisneyKevin.

I hope the rest of the team (and all of our podcast fans who live in the area) are safe too!

I don't think any tornadoes touched down at all near the area.. I know there was one confirmed water funnel that came ashore but that was a couple hours away and died out when it hit land. Fallen trees, some power outages, normal high wind storm stuff. It happened pretty quick for most of the disney area only lasting about 10-15 minutes during the height of it.

I do have to say this, now living here for 1 year, whoever actually decided to consider the land before purchasing it really picked the perfect spot. The really bad weather always seems to just miss a majority of the time. (knocks on wood). Even the sustained rain seems to start on either side heading away with minor exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter