Disabled grandson- any special passes?

Patty

Earning My Ears
Help! I haven't a clue as to what I am doing! We are going to DL the first week in April. I have a handicapped grandson in a wheelchair. Are passes still given out to get closer to the front of the line? I heard that the screening had been tightened. What is being offered? Does anyone know? He's nine and pretty heavy. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

There are no such things as 'front of the line' passes.* You can stop at guest services and pick up a SAP (Special Assistance Pass. At WDW, these are called GAC passes.). This explains to the CMs what assistance a person will need. In most cases. you'll be required to still use the que lines and then will be assisted when it is your turn. Some attractions you may be issued what amounts to a 'fastpass' where you return after a designated period when your wheelchair cannot access the lines.

*This past November, I got to experience all of these plus I did get something like 'Front of the line' treatment at Splash Mountain...although it was severly offset by all of the other inconviences of being in a wheelchair. (Line cutters were the worst. If I wasn't on the heels of the person in front of me I was constantly getting people cutting in. But thats another rant.)

You may want to check out the DISabilities board for more Disabled Disney travel info: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Most of the queus at Disneyland and all of the queues at DCA are accessible, so wheelchairs can go through the queues just like everyone else (offering an equal experience). Those queues that are not accessible will have different entrances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter