• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~DISappearing PEEPS~Vol. IV Come Play With Us!!!!!

Do not beat yourself up!

I am in the middle of reading Bethenny Frankel's book Naturally Thin the book is pretty much common sense but she makes ALOT of great points. Basically think of your eating as a Bank Account!:

Basically the books attitude would be So what if you ate a greasy sandwich and a cookie....So you "spent" a little bit more on food today than you would have liked to so tomorrow hit the gym and eat clean its all about balance

haha. i like that thinking. it's actually really a smart way of controlling your food "spending"! thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

So, all of your kind words about Jillian Michaels made me want to try her videos. So, last night I did the No More Trouble Zones workout. OH MY GOD.
It kicked my butt! At first I was like... there's no way I can do this.
But, as I got into it, I LOVE the circuits!
I've never sweat so much in my life!
It was such a GREAT feeling!
Thanks guys!!!:thumbsup2

I've lost 5.7 pounds already this week!!!
(April Fools!)

Seriously though, I did my super-secret mid-week weigh in this morning, and I was down a little over 1/2 pound. Now, I'm not going to read too much into that because I was down about the same amount last week Wednesday and ended up gaining a little by Friday. But it was encouraging. And this week, I'm going to avoid doing any strength training at all on Thursday, just in case there is some truth to the whole "strength training causes you to retain acid in your muscles and thus gives you a false weight gain" thing. We'll see if that makes any difference.

I'm just super anxious for the weather to improve! I really want to get out and get walking, and restart the Couch to 5k program. I got through week three last year, and then I got really busy with landscaping projects that pretty much sidetracked me for the rest of the summer. And unfortunately, the weather only cooperates about 4-5 months out of the year in Wisconsin. I just KNOW that that I'll see better results once I can get outside more.

Have a happy Wednesday everybody!

(And by the way, why doesn't our thread have the little green smiley guy any more?)

Okay. So, confession: I've been eating poptarts for breakfast for way too long :confused3
So, I need something to eat for breakfast that I can eat/make quickly. The only problem with things I've found is that I have stomach problems, so I need something with enough carbs to fill me up. But, I just saw how many calories are in poptarts and I DEFINITELY need to stop!
Teach me! :teacher:

I always eat kashi cereal for breakfast. Any kind of it is so good, and it does fill you up!
On the weekends I like to make eggs, kashi waffles and yogurt for breakfast. It has about the time amount of calories as the cereal, which isn't a lot.

Just checking in. I was gone on a trip Sunday-Tuesday and I feel like I've gained 10 pounds. All we did it seemed was eat and I didn't know what the healthiest choices were on the menus so when they got fastfood I broke out my cereal to have instead. :)

New start in April!
Have a great day everyone!

Okay. So, confession: I've been eating poptarts for breakfast for way too long :confused3
So, I need something to eat for breakfast that I can eat/make quickly. The only problem with things I've found is that I have stomach problems, so I need something with enough carbs to fill me up. But, I just saw how many calories are in poptarts and I DEFINITELY need to stop!
I like FiberOne cereal myself. I've been getting their Raisin Bran lately, but the Honey Clusters one is pretty good too. It's just disappointing that it is so expensive. I used to get the Malt-O-Meal (read: generic) versions of Fruity Pebbles, Lucky Charms, Sugar Smacks, etc. They are cheap and very similar in flavor to the name brand stuff. But they are also loaded with sugar and low in the healthy stuff that I should be eating. So now I have FiberOne and a glass of Diet V8 Berry Splash (which is -0- WW points) every morning; except for Friday when I reward myself with a Costco muffin.

(And by the way, it is these little "a-ha" moments like you have had that will really make your weight loss journey not just a "diet" but a lifestyle change. So great job on identifying an area where you can improve!)

Just checking in. I was gone on a trip Sunday-Tuesday and I feel like I've gained 10 pounds. All we did it seemed was eat and I didn't know what the healthiest choices were on the menus so when they got fastfood I broke out my cereal to have instead. :)

New start in April!
Have a great day everyone!
Sounds like fun! I had a trip like that a few weeks ago, where we were out of town from Thursday-Sunday, and like you said all we seemed to do was eat. I tried to make good choices, but most of the places around just did not offer good choices. Thankfully, I only gained about 1/2 pound that week. I think that was a minor miracle.

Hope everyone has a great Weigh-in Eve day!

Hi Peeps! :wave2: How's everyone's week going? I'm having a pretty good one. I'm feeling good about weigh in. Sometimes I just have a feeling. I'm not overly excited, but I feel like it's gonna be in the right direction. I've been on track, which I feel good about. And I got my hair done last night. Nothing like a much needed hair cut and color to make a girl feel good! princess: No more purple in it now. I miss the purple, but I went lighter blonde for spring/summer, so I thought the purple would be too much. So instead it's PINK!! (This is just underneath and in the back for those who don't know.) I'll try to take and post a pic soon. I'll wait for the initial fading though. It's a bit reddish pink right now, which I suspect will change after a few washes. Hope everyone else is having a good week. Good luck tomorrow for weigh in!

Almost forgot to comment on the breakfast question! I usually have the Fiber One Honey Clusters that Aaron mentioned, or Quaker Weight Control or Simple Harvest oatmeal. I've also had other types of Fiber One & All Bran Strawberry Medley, which was really good. And I always add 1 Tbsp each of wheat germ and milled flax seed. I usually have an Activia yogurt too when I get to work.

I use the regular Fiber One cereal. I know that it doesn't taste the best, but it is only 60 cals in a 1/2 cup, 14g fiber, and super-filling. Sometimes I add about 1/3 of a packet of the dt hot cocoa (25 cals in the packet) to make it taste better, but I have gotten very used to it and it sticks to you but good.

If you are pressed for time in the mornings and need an on-the-go solution, I would look at either the special k bars or the fiber one ones. The apple struesel fiber one bar is delicious.

I do Yogurt Burst Cheerios with 8th Continent Light Soymilk, then about an hour or so later, I have a Cranberry Orange muffin that I make from a mix. The cereal with soymilk is 3 points, the muffin is 2.

Don't forget about oatmeal for breakfast. I bought a high fiber Quaker instant that is very tasty for 3 pts. Then I was looking around at Big Lots (of all places) and found another brand (which I have seen at Walmart- "Mom's Best) which is only 2 pts per serving. I haven't tried the Mom's Best yet, but I am hoping it is good because I would love to have that extra point in the morning for fruit.

Sometimes I have instant grits with a dab of light Smart Balance and salt, or a few tbs. of light syrup. YUMMY... I like them either salty or sweet.

I frequently have a Thomas' double fiber english muffin (I think those are the ones that are 110 calories and 8 grams of fiber). I top them with 2 tb. of the peanut butter/tofu spread (1 pt. per tbs) I posted the recipe for in the past. That is a pretty decent breakfast for 3 points... plus a hot drink and fruit and I am ready to go!

I will admit, most of the above mentioned breakfasts only last a few hours, which is tough on work days when I am eating bkfst at 7 or 7:30 am and don't have lunch until 12 or 1pm. But I try to plan in a morning snack of either protein (cheese stick) or fruit.

Breakfast is such an important meal... I'm glad to see that you are giving up the empty calories in a Poptart (although I admit I LOVE the frosted strawberry ones!) and trying to find something better.

If you have more time, don't forget about eggs!.......................P

Just jumping in here to say good luck to you all on the scales tomorrow! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, since I have had a few lousy weeks lately... but I can't imagine trying much harder than I have this week.

I might try to fit in one last workout tonight (if I can get my behind off of the computer!)...................P

Oh! eggs. If you have time, I love doing a psuedo egg mcmuffin. I take a microwavable bowl, spray it with cooking spray, and add 1/4 cup of better n eggs. Salt/pepper very lightly. I sometimes add 1 tbsp of real bacon bits (adds 25 cals). Nuke for 1 min or until eggs are done. In the meantime, toast a low cal/high fiber english muffin. Add eggs, sprinkle with a little bit of reduced fat shredded cheese, and voila! Usually in the 150-175 calorie range, depending on your ingredients.

I also sometimes do a Kavli crispbread or two (15 cals each), spread with light cream cheese, some diced red onion, and an oz or two of smoked salmon. Dieter's version of bagels n lox. :)

I have yet to find anything that sticks with me like the fiber one, though, so that is my usual.

And, I have to brag here too. Today in my kickboxing class I managed to do 100 pushups, and 50 of them were NOT on my knees! :teeth:

And, I have to brag here too. Today in my kickboxing class I managed to do 100 pushups, and 50 of them were NOT on my knees! :teeth:

YAY! I know how good that feels! It is a huge step up (literally! :rotfl: )

Thanks for all the suggestions! I really enjoy eggs, especially hard boiled, so I think I might cook a bunch and keep them in the refrigerator so that I have them on hand for breakfasts. Thanks so much for all your advice!
See, I'm bad, I usually have a bowl of Honey Nute Cheerios AND two poptarts...
I just have stomach problems, and if I don't get enough carbs that actually fill me up, I feel like my stomach is eating itself for the rest of the morning. Maybe there is a pill I can take to solve this? But, I'd rather just eat haha
So maybe I'll try eggs, cereal and a yogurt.
Here's hoping the scale is nice tomorrow!

I always eat kashi cereal for breakfast. Any kind of it is so good, and it does fill you up!
On the weekends I like to make eggs, kashi waffles and yogurt for breakfast. It has about the time amount of calories as the cereal, which isn't a lot.

ooo kashi cereal is my favorite. i like the cinnamon wheat ones. yummy. i add a half a cup of ff lactaid. although, i usually eat only a kashi breakfast bar in the morning. they are my favorite.

i've never had the kashi waffles, how are they? my boyfriend loves waffles, this would be a good saturday breakfast.

ooo kashi cereal is my favorite. i like the cinnamon wheat ones. yummy. i add a half a cup of ff lactaid. although, i usually eat only a kashi breakfast bar in the morning. they are my favorite.

i've never had the kashi waffles, how are they? my boyfriend loves waffles, this would be a good saturday breakfast.

I have had the blueberry ones and they aren't bad. I like the special K eggo waffles, too, esp the red berry.

I make pancakes sometimes with the bisquick heart smart, and if you had a waffle maker you might be able to use that in it...

Oh yeah! On Sunday mornings we often have pancakes made with the Fiber One mix. They're good.

I eat a half cup of the go lean crunch and a half cup of special k. I love the go lean crunch, but it is so high in fiber that I'm not fit for polite society if I eat just that.

I also like the Sara Lee 45 calorie a slice bread toasted with peanut butter and sugar-free jam.

If you have stomach troubles like that, you definitely need protein with those carbs. Something to stay with you when the carbs are burned up.

Sounds like fun! I had a trip like that a few weeks ago, where we were out of town from Thursday-Sunday, and like you said all we seemed to do was eat. I tried to make good choices, but most of the places around just did not offer good choices. Thankfully, I only gained about 1/2 pound that week. I think that was a minor miracle.

Hope everyone has a great Weigh-in Eve day!

I'm afraid to see what the scale says, but I'm trying to keep what I think wide that way I won't freak out when I see the number go up. Happily back on it today and I feel a lot better already.

My favorite is the oat hearts and cheerio looking cereal. I love the go lean crunch too.

I've had the wheat ones and they are delicious, I love them. I don't put butter on them though, I just dip them in my yogurt. Yummy.

Oh.. am I the first Friday morning poster? Wow.. usually I'm a day late!

Anyway- I'm -2 this week and pretty darned happy about it! The thought of wearing a bathing suit was beginning to creep me out a bit. Now it's not quite so scary.

I've been reading the posts about breakfast and I have to agree completely- If I miss breakfast, I'm off for the rest of the day. This morning I had one of the Thomas' hearty grain English muffins and a bit of turkey. It came to 1.5 points, I think.

Hope everyone has a great weigh-in day, and a great weekend!

Quick check in with my weigh-in. I am DOWN 2.8 !! WOOHOO! I might actually make my Easter challenge number! I'll be back later when I am not rushing off!........................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter