Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
PW was obviously a difficult person to work with and likely rubbed many people the wrong way. That being said, people can make up a lot of stuff when they have an axe to burn. That’s not to discredit any claims of misconduct, but rather to presume innocence before chastising someone.

The fact that Pete resigned from the company he created and ran for 20+ years should speak volumes about his "innocence."

Just a mental exercise:

I would be curious just how much in liquifiable assets both the remaining co-owners and the company have access to. $50 million starts out sounding like a lot, but then as you say, it's a percentage of that that comes back to DUT (somewhere around 15% on average from what I have read).

From what I understand, airlines pay almost nothing to TA's for bookings, and hotels are down in the 10% range. The real money is in cruises, and that explains the focus on cruises at DUT. Makes perfect sense. However, if a good chunk of that overall business is in the air fare and hotel category, then the percentage earned by DUT might actually be on the lower end and closer to 10%.

Now, you're possibly down to $5 million in revenue. But, a chunk of that goes to the agents as commission (apparently around %5 for domestic travel, but obviously the compensation at DUT may be higher or lower). If (and this is just a mental exercise) the agents are taking home 5%, now you're looking at $2.5 million, before any other operating expenses (insurance, benefits, YouTube channel sponsorships, company marketing expense for trips, etc.) are accounted for. Once that is done, and any and all taxes are paid, the remaining net profits, when spilt three ways between the three principles could be a good chunk south of seven figures.

I have no idea what he real numbers are, just kinda thinking through how quickly what looks like significant front-end billables can end up looking pretty small on the back side (and THAT part is from personal experience, LOL).
Exactly..... there never was some huge Scrooge McDuck pile of cash that Werner was sitting on. Add to that his opulent lifestyle and big spending habits, and it is not surprising he ends up owing amex nearly 1 million dollars...

What do you want? Photos!?! 🤬

Even photos can be deceiving.

I’ve spent too much time going through the other board and now this board trying and hoping to find its all’s a hoax. As I had mentioned earlier:

The perspectives and timelines all line up from the known and anonymous posters dating back to over a year ago before even Sean started posting over there. Sean and then Dustin posting pretty much confirmed the boards suspicions and only expanded on the horrors that even a super toxic board couldn’t imagine. One of the previously anonymous poster was doxxed and that only served to confirm that he was there and had first hand knowledge and what he said before can be verified.

Same stories were told from different perspectives and later confirmed or either expanded on by different players over different time periods.

The players are able to point out exact moments on the podcast and explain certain points that only they would know.

Sean and Charles seem to hate each other yet their versions of the story match up from their perspectives.

Ryno before and Corey today acknowledge the SA issue.

Do you expect pictures? The victims have posted their stories on a different website, but it’s available to read. I don’t think any trial or criminal charges will happen. It may be past the statute of limitations, and the victims don’t seem to want that anyway. It’s definitely your prerogative to believe what you want, but I just don’t know what kind of “proof” you expect,
There could be civil charges.

PW was obviously a difficult person to work with and likely rubbed many people the wrong way. That being said, people can make up a lot of stuff when they have an axe to burn. That’s not to discredit any claims of misconduct, but rather to presume innocence before chastising someone.
So maybe you should go to the other site and do some research. Add while you are at it, find some empathy for the victims.

That being said, people can make up a lot of stuff when they have an axe to burn. That’s not to discredit any claims of misconduct,
That’s like people saying “No offense, but…”, or “With all due respect…”. Whenever someone says that, the next words out of their mouths are offensive or disrespectful. With one breath you say that people make stuff up and with the next you mean no discredit. Sorry. Doesn’t fly. People do not come forward with claims of SA for the fun of it. Only the most cynical, soulless person would think that. If Dustin had an axe to grind (not burn) would he wait 8 years to hone it? Would John and Corey separate Pete from the company? And what of the Amex suit? Does Amex have an “axe to burn”? Did they make that stuff up? Do you have a salacious desire to see photos from the hidden camera(s) before you will see the truth?

That’s like people saying “No offense, but…”, or “With all due respect…”. Whenever someone says that, the next words out of their mouths are offensive or disrespectful. With one breath you say that people make stuff up and with the next you mean no discredit. Sorry. Doesn’t fly. People do not come forward with claims of SA for the fun of it. Only the most cynical, soulless person would think that. If Dustin had an axe to grind (not burn) would he wait 8 years to hone it? Would John and Corey separate Pete from the company? And what of the Amex suit? Does Amex have an “axe to burn”? Did they make that stuff up? Do you have a salacious desire to see photos from the hidden camera(s) before you will see the truth?
You want proof? Creep

I personally think its been better with Craig and Ryno hosting
That’s not a unique opinion. (And one that will surely be tested in the near term.). But in the Live Chat each week, the “I’m outta here if Pete isn’t hosting” posts far outnumbered the “Oh thank goodness Pete isn’t hosting” posts.

It’s not complicated. You quoted my post, suggested that I wanted to see pictures and called me a creep. What’s not to understand, and why would you do that when the content of the post you quoted suggests exactly the opposite?

And for the record, others are “Liking” my post left and right. Why don’t you tell me what you find creepy about it.

100%? I’m not one to blindly believe allegations without some larger form of proof.
That being said, people can make up a lot of stuff when they have an axe to burn.

Let's use some critical thinking here. Have you read the stories from Sean and Dustin on the other website? Do you think they both decided to start posting on some website no one has ever heard about with fake stories of SA to coordinate a takedown of Pete and then hope some big event (the Amex lawsuit) pulled those threads from the shadows of the internet so people here could find out? No.

Everything posted on the other website is credible. They weren't trying to get as many eyeballs on their accusations as possible. They were simply sharing their stories on a forum that wouldn't censor them. If this was some fake scheme it would have been published in places where Dis fans could actually see it immediately.

What you're saying is a cop out to avoid facing the disgusting truth and it's a reason victims often stay silent.

Oh, no, not you, Silly!
Chat Board etiquette 101. When you quote someone and then post a comment, that comment is intended to be directed at the person you quoted. You have plenty of time to go back and edit your post and quote the person you intended to call a creep. And I can then edit my posts and delete this unnecessary back and forth.

It’s not complicated. You quoted my post, suggested that I wanted to see pictures and called me a creep. What’s not to understand, and why would you do that when the content of the post you quoted suggests exactly the opposite?

And for the record, others are “Liking” my post left and right. Why don’t you tell me what you find creepy about it.
I’m pretty sure he just hit reply on the wrong post.

You may be on to something. Maybe there's an XXL Gucci shirt somewhere that was never taken to the dry cleaner.
If you are unaware, go search the other forum for that story Sean shared about t shirt sizes. It’s unrelated to the SA topic and is absolutely hilarious. It’s also a key stamp that Sean is Sean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter