Disboard Spies?

Darthmerideth

Earning My Ears
Is it any doubt that Disney has someone watching this site to see what we talk about or even create polls to test the marketing waters? Maybe I am just paranoid, but it seems like good business to me.:confused3

Is it any doubt that Disney has someone watching this site to see what we talk about or even create polls to test the marketing waters? Maybe I am just paranoid, but it seems like good business to me.:confused3

Interesting.... this was one of the first questions I asked as a new poster.. Seems pretty much everyone agreed that Disney/DVC do watch the boards closely. Anyway... welcome to the DISboards. :beach:

There is a group at Disney who's job it is to watch all media. In fact all large companies have such a group. In addition there have been discussions on the DIS pod cast verifying that executives at Disney are aware of the DIS.

If they are reading ------ too bad they do not take our ideas,
and our complaints seriously.

:cool1:

Actually they do, there have been several things that have changed that were most likely a result of the DIS. One that immediately comes to mind is the Pool Temps thread that was started over a year ago. Disney changed its policy on this matter in the fall of last year.

Ok I have to laugh at the title..:rotfl: (sorry)

As for the topic I think if they did have a full time set of people watching this site for info they have to be laughing all day at the miss information that can be generated here...

But on the other hand it makes total sence to have lerkers here to get the tempo of the phyical plant (ie the tone of what is happening in the world of travelers)

I think there would be more input from disney though it makes no sence not too..

Sort of like the customer is always right as long as we profit from it>>>

And if they have a job like this were do I appplie

By the way Big Disney is watch poster beware:cool2:

I'm sort of the jack of all trades for my work, and one of my jobs is to google our name every month or so to see what is being said about our company on forums. Ours is a small company, but we still monitor the media. I can't imagine Disney not wanting to do the same.

I mean, what we talk about here is free to them. But it would cost them quite a bit to put together a formal survey that may cover the same thing. No brainer, right?

If I was running a business and there was a big internet site where customers and potential customers discussed my products, I'd be extremely stupid if I DIDN'T monitor it closely.
That said, I know for a fact that Disney does quietly monitor Disney-related sites. I'm a board host elsewhere and I once received a request for a clarification from a Disney e-mail adress about something that I said. They've never posted to my board "in uniform" that it publically acknowledging their presence but they're there.
There are other companies there that compete with Disney that post acknowledging publicly their official ties to the company in their postings. I think however that that public presence tends to bring on the "shakedown" posts. Those that threaten to post everywhere about their bad experience or perceived bad experience if they don't get a free vacation or some sort of discount in compensation. I think that Disney is right to never publically acknowledge their presence. The Observer Effect comes into play in that if Disney acknowledges their presence, the behavior of the board posters will change.

I'd like to think it's a good sounding board; sorta a direct pipeline to Disney;)

Do think both the email campaign and the support on this board helped bring about the DP being offered to members staying on points.:thumbsup2

Hope they continue to look upon this board as an unofficial survey site; taking the various viewpoints under consideration.

I'm sort of the jack of all trades for my work, and one of my jobs is to google our name every month or so to see what is being said about our company on forums. Ours is a small company, but we still monitor the media. I can't imagine Disney not wanting to do the same.

I mean, what we talk about here is free to them. But it would cost them quite a bit to put together a formal survey that may cover the same thing. No brainer, right?

Indeed... I do much of the same for my company (the one I work for) This is free and sincere feedback. Of course they watch us.. I have special reports designed to give management and sales departments feedback information every morning about what happened the day before.

I just wish I was working for Disney... I will be some day...

Actually they do, there have been several things that have changed that were most likely a result of the DIS. One that immediately comes to mind is the Pool Temps thread that was started over a year ago. Disney changed its policy on this matter in the fall of last year.

Don't forget the wand coming down. I am sure the tons of posts had at least a little help right? :confused3

Don't forget the wand coming down. I am sure the tons of posts had at least a little help right? :confused3

People have been complaining about that for years. It probably just needed repairs and Disney decided it wasn't worth it.

I think concerted e-mails drives help, but I seriously doubt there's much movement on anything just because something is a hot topic on a Disney board.

Boards are good, and provide a great sounding board, but sometimes it's tough to remember that we are a SMALL (but vocal and seasoned) group compared to the rest of the visitors.

As someone who travels a lot for business and loves Disney, I frequent a lot of boards that deal with both topics. Even though we are all passionate about our favorite airline, hotel, vacation place, etc. it's important to remember that we represent the extreme ends (both good and bad) and not the middle.

I'm not suggesting that Disney isn't paying attention. I am saying that just because we get worked up about something doesn't mean Disney (or Marriott, Continental, whoever) really cares. Those are two separate things.

I would really be surprised if they didn't view it regularly.

I believe my DVC Guides had mentioned the dis if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter