Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew...made it!

Ok, first off, Stacy those t-shirts are AMAZING! They look so great, and they haven't even been stitched yet! And you are so ahead of the game! Of course you would have to be with that many shirts! I hope my nephews come on our trip so I can try my hand at some designs like that.

I've posted about my shirring troubles before, but I am having more, so I will again! I am trying to make my daughter a Dainty Designs peasant top. Everything was going well until I needed to do the neck and arm elastic. I decided to try shirring. I thought it all worked out, but when I tried it on my little one the neck was huge!! Maybe the shirring was tight enough?

I have a brother cs6000i. I followed her directions and set my tension at 9 and the longest stitch length (5mm). I pulled the elastic just a little bit when I wound the bobbin. I did 3 rows on the neck. I did get gathering (just not enough), but it wouldn't stretch at all. :confused3 I thought that was the idea?

So last night I tried again this time with about 5 tension, 5mm stitch length and didn't pull the elastic at all when I wound. I also did 5 rows. And nothing really!!

Any help??:goodvibes I think I am going to break down and by CarlaC like I should have in the first place. I was just buying and not paying attention when I bought the Dainty Designs. I do have some others of hers and haven't had any problems.

Thanks!!

IMG_3065.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ahh :lovestruc. . .the coveted mickey swirl!

Those shirts are amazing!!!!!!!!! You are truly inspiring me.
We just decided this weekend. We can do the free dining in August this year :cool1: :yay: :woohoo::cool1: I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited and SOOOOOOOO behind. I need to get my but in gear. I need outfits for 8 days for boys(AHHH). They are older 12 and 8 so I am really going to have to think this out. I am thinking pirate tshirts and maybe something for test track(my boys LOVE that ride). PLEEEEAAASE help me come up with ideas. I like the bowling shirts but I am scared of the buttons and collars. I will have to check Carla's and see if she has an adult bowling shirt for my DS12. Please wish me luck as I try to pull this together in exactly 90 days. Oh and we are not telling the kids until just before we leave.

ok ladies and Tom, need your help please; I'm having a sis boom crisis. No one in Austin has Jennifer's fabric, and I NEED to make a tunic in it- really, I have to, they're entirely too cute; so, can anyone who's seen/used the fabric irl tell me a pink/ turquoise combo for the tunic w/ constrasting facing/cuff? I'm thinking a pink print probably larger scale for the tunic; and a smaller scale turquoise for the cuff/facing; or if there is a larger scale print that has both colors and... well, ykwim?
Thanks! If I can get recommendations, I'll buy online.

These are the 2 lines of hers that are easiest to find online right now and have tons of fabrics that would qualify. It kind of depends on if you want to go floral or more of a damask or a bit of both...I could play this game all day sigh.

http://host.pappapak7.com/~sisboomc/category_26/Flower-Power.htm

http://host.pappapak7.com/~sisboomc/category_27/Pretty-Please.htm

Whew...made it!

Ok, first off, Stacy those t-shirts are AMAZING! They look so great, and they haven't even been stitched yet! And you are so ahead of the game! Of course you would have to be with that many shirts! I hope my nephews come on our trip so I can try my hand at some designs like that.

I've posted about my shirring troubles before, but I am having more, so I will again! I am trying to make my daughter a Dainty Designs peasant top. Everything was going well until I needed to do the neck and arm elastic. I decided to try shirring. I thought it all worked out, but when I tried it on my little one the neck was huge!! Maybe the shirring was tight enough?

I have a brother cs6000i. I followed her directions and set my tension at 9 and the longest stitch length (5mm). I pulled the elastic just a little bit when I wound the bobbin. I did 3 rows on the neck. I did get gathering (just not enough), but it wouldn't stretch at all. :confused3 I thought that was the idea?

So last night I tried again this time with about 5 tension, 5mm stitch length and didn't pull the elastic at all when I wound. I also did 5 rows. And nothing really!!

Any help??:goodvibes I think I am going to break down and by CarlaC like I should have in the first place. I was just buying and not paying attention when I bought the Dainty Designs. I do have some others of hers and haven't had any problems.

Thanks!!

I have this machine and I CANNOT get it to shir at all!!! An I have tried , and tried, and cried...... and tried some more. I have just resigned myself to getting out my old manual singer with a bobbin case to do it. Mabye watch second hand shops/ yard sales for a machine with a bobbin case?? This is the only reason I kept the old machine rather than selling it. I HAVE to be able to shirr. My DD loves the carla C simply sweet halter dresses and the shirring makes the m fit soooo nicely.

Whew...made it!

Thanks!!

I have the Brother machine 1 step down form yours. When I shir, I do everything you did this last time EXCEPT that I stretch the elastic just a bit when I wind the bobbin. I have the tension about around 4 or 5 & set the stitch length as long as it will go (5).

ok ladies and Tom, need your help please; I'm having a sis boom crisis. No one in Austin has Jennifer's fabric, and I NEED to make a tunic in it- really, I have to, they're entirely too cute; so, can anyone who's seen/used the fabric irl tell me a pink/ turquoise combo for the tunic w/ constrasting facing/cuff? I'm thinking a pink print probably larger scale for the tunic; and a smaller scale turquoise for the cuff/facing; or if there is a larger scale print that has both colors and... well, ykwim?
Thanks! If I can get recommendations, I'll buy online.

These are the 2 lines of hers that are easiest to find online right now and have tons of fabrics that would qualify. It kind of depends on if you want to go floral or more of a damask or a bit of both...I could play this game all day sigh.

http://host.pappapak7.com/~sisboomc/category_26/Flower-Power.htm

http://host.pappapak7.com/~sisboomc/category_27/Pretty-Please.htm
Jeanne you beet me too it! I swear every time I look at it gets prettier and prettier!

Hi everyone!! Made it over to the new thread, you guys have been chatty. DD had her dance recital this weekend, thank goodness it is over, so much work but so cute !!
Steph-love the balloon skirt, so adorable.
Wendy_ I will be in OC this weekend, hope the weather is nice.

Uggghhh!!!! I had another post disappear. I wrote a long multi-quote yesterday after Stacy posted all her appliques and it's gone :scared1: Now i forget all my comments so in general...great job everyone :thumbsup2

Thanks to Karen and Heather for worrying about me during the move. Guess I'm going to have to give you a texting lesson Heather when next we meet ;) :rotfl:

I found it interesting too that Heather sent you a text! :rotfl2:

SHEESH!!! Y'all move without me while I'm out of town and no one even called, texted or facebooked me about it! :sad2:

STACY Those shirts for the boys are AMAZING!!! :worship::worship::worship: You are the coolest. I can't wait to see the outfits all completed. I love your idea of cutting and piecing everything first! I may have to get on that for my October trip! Lily doesn't need any new stuff, but the boys and Jayden probably do. They are growing like crazy.

Umm, you were home by then! That is why I didn't call!

I can't decide whether to make Dallas new clothes or have him wear the same. I already have 2 outfits planned for DHS and I didn't even want to go to the parks. :confused3

Those shirts are amazing!!!!!!!!! You are truly inspiring me.
We just decided this weekend. We can do the free dining in August this year :cool1: :yay: :woohoo::cool1: I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited and SOOOOOOOO behind. I need to get my but in gear. I need outfits for 8 days for boys(AHHH). They are older 12 and 8 so I am really going to have to think this out. I am thinking pirate tshirts and maybe something for test track(my boys LOVE that ride). PLEEEEAAASE help me come up with ideas. I like the bowling shirts but I am scared of the buttons and collars. I will have to check Carla's and see if she has an adult bowling shirt for my DS12. Please wish me luck as I try to pull this together in exactly 90 days. Oh and we are not telling the kids until just before we leave.

Whoo hoo! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Hi Everyone! Back from Disney and we had a wonderful, magical, hot, hot, hot, time!! Of course by hot I mean the heat. Didn't go below 95 one day we were there but we enjoyed ourselves anyway!

Here is one of the family:
th_DSC_0182.jpg

We were also one of the lucky ones to run into Teresajoy!!! She actually approached me in the Crystal Palace after recognizing my daughter Julia and thw outfits I made. I couldn't believe it!! What a small world! She was so sweet and so was her family! What are the odds that we would have been eating in the same place at at the same time???!!! I was so happy to meet her and introduce her to my family!

If she doesn't mind I will post the pic of all of us. Just let me know Teresa;)

Cute pictures. What fun to run into Teresa! How come I was there with 13 others from the disboards and only ran into one once (Cindee) and then Jeanne's husband!! :confused3 Besides when we all met of course.

Are you doing a TR? I would love to hear and see more about your trip.

NEED HELP

I have to put the poodle on Joci's Fancy Nancy outfit. How do I sew it on? Like an applique? use wonder under & hand stitch in a couple places? I do have invisible thread and a bringht pink that matches the ribbon leash - which should I use. I am using the pink poodle from Walmart if you know which one I mean.
TIA,
Carol

I have this machine and I CANNOT get it to shir at all!!! An I have tried , and tried, and cried...... and tried some more. I have just resigned myself to getting out my old manual singer with a bobbin case to do it. Mabye watch second hand shops/ yard sales for a machine with a bobbin case?? This is the only reason I kept the old machine rather than selling it. I HAVE to be able to shirr. My DD loves the carla C simply sweet halter dresses and the shirring makes the m fit soooo nicely.
The annoying thing is I did get it to at least gather, but it won't stretch which defeats the purpose! I went ahead and purchased CarlaC's peasant top so at least I'll be able to get that done. But I would love to shirr as well - I know it will make things fit just nice!

I did have an old bobbin case Kenmore, but I gave it to my sis-in-law when I got my brother. I really wish I kept it, and she doesn't use it yet, so I want to ask for it back, but I don't want to be an Indian giver! It would be good for ruffling as well I think, I can't get that to work on my Brother either, so I do a lot of ruffling by hand!! Thanks for your help though!

I have the Brother machine 1 step down form yours. When I shir, I do everything you did this last time EXCEPT that I stretch the elastic just a bit when I wind the bobbin. I have the tension about around 4 or 5 & set the stitch length as long as it will go (5).

I'll go ahead and give that a try! Thanks!

I did not make this but I thought I would share these pics. My dd is ridiculously happy with her new Sleeping Beauty dress.

Thing1062.jpg

Thing1072.jpg

I got my Sophie tunic pattern! Now, Tom especially thought that these ran really big - what size should I make for the kids who usually wear a 2/3T, a 4/5 and a 7 ??? I want them to be roomy but not huge.....THANKS!!

I got my Sophie tunic pattern! Now, Tom especially thought that these ran really big - what size should I make for the kids who usually wear a 2/3T, a 4/5 and a 7 ??? I want them to be roomy but not huge.....THANKS!!
I made two of these for Jenna and they were huge on her. I talked to Marlo and she and I think that has to do with the printer and the way they were printed out. I am going to try to remake them again and see how they come out.

I have a loooooooooooong wish list Marlo!
You and me both!!!!!!!!
I did not make this but I thought I would share these pics. My dd is ridiculously happy with her new Sleeping Beauty dress.

Thing1062.jpg
We can see why it is gorgeous!

I would make what size they are commercially (store bought stuff) Nikki measured a 7/8 but I talked to Carla and she said go with her store bought size. I used the shortest cutting line for both of hers. I wish it was loger but I cut it where Nikki said she wanted it to fall and it was exactly in the right spot!
IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg
She was begging me for days to pic a tulip so I finally let her and she couldn't stop sniffing it! :lovestruc:thumbsup2

Crystal I have no clue what happened with yours I do think it has to be your printer because I can't remember any of the testers having issue with the sizing.

Okay, here are the Tinkerbelle outfit pictures as promised! The pants are the easy fit pattern and the top is a tutorial from a blog that was for an adult top that I modified to fit my girls.
Originally I made the pants as pj bottoms, but they turned out so cute that I knew I had to add a top. No more sewing for me until I return from Disney!! Only 4 more days unitl we leave!:banana::banana::banana::banana:
myprojects076.jpg

myprojects075.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter