Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

:scared1::scared1::scared1:OMG!!!! I bought 10 of those Hobby Lobby Hot Pink Mickey & Minnie bandanas that some of you used to make patchwork twirl dresses. I had to buy them online because we have no HL here. Anyway..I prewashed them this morning and.....THE COLOR WASHED OUT!!!

They are totally faded and you can hardly see the design. I will have to take pics later...did anyone else pre-wash and have this happen? I am sooooo upset, I was planning on startting the jumper tonight :mad:

Oh NO!! I just bought some myself this week after seeing Miranda's dress and I was going to use the bandana myself. . . ugh, I've not washed mine yet but if it washes out then I will probably just take mine back. Hopefully some more people on here will have an answer though!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:OMG!!!! I bought 10 of those Hobby Lobby Hot Pink Mickey & Minnie bandanas that some of you used to make patchwork twirl dresses. I had to buy them online because we have no HL here. Anyway..I prewashed them this morning and.....THE COLOR WASHED OUT!!!

They are totally faded and you can hardly see the design. I will have to take pics later...did anyone else pre-wash and have this happen? I am sooooo upset, I was planning on startting the jumper tonight :mad:
When dreamer and wisher made that first dress she said that they did fade. Maybe if you shock them in cold water and salt it wouldn't be a problem? I hope you didn't wash all of them together! :sad2:

Speaking of Sleeping Beauty Olivia wore this gorgeous ivory and white brocade Aurora dress in a wedding.
IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

For Halloween I would like to dye that dress. :scared1:

You know when the fairies are fighting to make it pink, make it blue and the white dress has splotches of pink and blue all over it. That is what I want to do. It is a good thing the Bride is still on her Honeymoon she would kill me.

Do you think brocade will take a dye??

I keep looking for tye dye pink and blue fabric. I think that was great idea for Aurora.

I am confused by piece #5 (the side) - what exactly does grainline mean? Do I just cut my fabric in the rectangular piece of #5?:confused3:confused3

AND, do I really have to finish the edges of all my fabric?! OR can I just finish the edges as I sew the pieces together to save time?:confused3

I am a grandma! And I do love being a grandma. As a matter of fact, I get to go see Henry in a couple of weeks and I can hardly wait! henry will be 18 months old at the end of the month! I have made a few books for him, but no Disney ones YET. Those are waiting for our family trip next Thanksgiving- when he gets to take his first trip to WDW! You bet we're gonna have fun!
Oh I am so sorry, I remember you have Henry now that you mentioned his name. Please forgive me. He is just about a month younger than my little guy. Oh my goodness, I can not wait to hear all about your Thanksgiving trip. Will you be doing a TR for all your loyal fans??? LOL:cloud9:

Thanks for the compliment on the dress, and I looked on my computer for pics of DSs first haircut, but could not see any. I think maybe I didn't have digital yet. :scared1:.
:goodvibes Aww thanks for looking anyway.

These next two pics are of Maddie and my niece Victoria, at the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot. Victoria wore a store bought Alice costume and Maddie wore a Provincial Belle that I purchased off of :wizard:, I believe I bought it from a fellow disboutiquer that has an :wizard:shop, MOM2TRK, I think that is her id on here. It is a beautiful creation, so professionally done and just gorgeous !!!
LisasFile173.jpg

LisasFile171.jpg

Oh my goodness, so so so cute!

LisasFile315.jpg

LisasFile318.jpg

This is Maddie's Easter dress that I made from Carla C's A Line pattern. I did mess up a bit on the side where you have to hand sew it closed, but it was the first outfit that I ever really completed, other than easy fit pajama bottoms !!:cheer2:
What an adorable Easter dress!!!

Hi Everyone!

Such CUTE outfits posted!!! I love them all!!!

Thanks for your comments on Abby's crayon tote bag!! I actually just winged a totebag, and then added a panel for the crayons before I stitched up the bag so I could sew in all those dividers for the crayons/pencils. How do you all stitch them so evenly???? I just finished this little outfit to match the bag - something simple for her....
100_5794.jpg

100_5791.jpg

DH just told me he doesnt thing we will be going to WDW this fall - Im so bummed!! I love Night of Joy, Free Dining and MNSSHP - and will be missing it all - the only good thing, is that we may "have" to help Daniel and his family on his Make a Wish trip in Jan/Feb as soon as he is done his Chemo. Hopefully we would stay a few extra days to recoop after that!! His little brothers are WILD :banana: and difficult to control!!!:laughing::scared1:

Now I did find an OT conference about sensory diets in Boston in October - any thoughts on Boston in October??????
So cute!!! Ohhh I am so excited for Daniel to go on a MAW trip...and how exciting that you two will get to go along to help. You have such a huge heart Wendy!!! :cloud9::banana::banana:

[/IMG]

OK, I thought Epcot was one place I could pass on dragging along the dang costume, but now you KNOW it will be in the bag.... I knew Mary and Alice hung out there, but didn't know Mr. Penguin came out sometimes.......

Now if I could just find those white boots in a larger size.....

2627135900_e98d89989a.jpg
2629145481_d76a62e67b.jpg
ADORABLE!!!!!!!! Did you find the boots??

I must have missed this request - I think I have some pics of AbbyGrace's MNSSHP set from last year - let me see

Here's the whole thing
IMG_3691.jpg

Here's close ups of the applique on the legs
IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

THAT is so cool! I think I need to check this out! Amazing!
Ohh I love that Halloween outfit!!!!

Halloween!

Hello Kitty Vida:

IMG_0798.jpg

Little spider skirt and t-shirt (I made one for a friend):

100_1805.jpg

100_1841.jpg

Bat shorts and t-shirt:

100_1876.jpg

Hello kitty top and decoupaged jeans:

100_1886.jpg

Bat peasant top and pants:

100_1845.jpg

Look how little she looks! :sad1:
:yay::woohoo:Hey Steph...you rocked all those Halloween customs!!!! Your little cutie (who does look so little) is adorable in each one!!!!

MANY THANKS! Some of the Sleeping Beauty pics on Flickr are from Simplicity 9384. Another picture in there (the blue satin Sleeping Beauty) is from Simplicity 5835. 9384 IS more complicated, but it's the real McCoy. These are 9384:

3723094915_348d645855.jpg

3197184069_530d0e0098.jpg

9384 has the full circle flare skirt, which I love!

This one is from 5385:

2626318899_a8b3b17bdd.jpg

The key to getting ANY of those Sleeping Beauty gowns to fit properly is to not be afraid to make them snug through the chest and waist. (Cut it with plenty of allowance along the back seam where the zipper goes, so you have plenty of room, but then trim away when done to get the nice close fit). Otherwise they fall off the shoulders and don't look right.

I do sell on both of those sites under the same ID I use here, although not necessarily from the exact same styles shown on Flickr. I usually do things on my own daughter's gowns that I would never want to replicate! Usually these are small things that result in many additional hours of work!

Happy sewing!
:worship::worship:OMGosh I LOVE that first picture!!!! The picture is stunning with your little princess in front of the castle!!!! WOW!!!! :worship::worship:

First off :worship::worship::worship: For being almost finished with your customs for your Oct. trip!!! I am just getting started.

Here are a couple outfits I made
For DS
IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

Abby
IMG_5183.jpg

I can't believe that was almost 2 years ago.

Looking forward to seeing some more outfits. I have some of that Disney fabric still and I want to make a couple things with it for our trip.
Love the overalls!!!! So cute!

Speaking of Sleeping Beauty Olivia wore this gorgeous ivory and white brocade Aurora dress in a wedding.
IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

For Halloween I would like to dye that dress.

You know when the fairies are fighting to make it pink, make it blue and the white dress has splotches of pink and blue all over it. That is what I want to do. It is a good thing the Bride is still on her Honeymoon she would kill me.

Do you think brocade will take a dye??
:goodvibes Wow I love that wedding picture. Your DD looks beautiful and the little ring bearer is so cute, look at his expression. Hahaha. The dress is awesome!!!

I like that the Vida gives finished measurements. My DD is a slim 6 and I used the 4/5 for her. I didn't use the bottom panel and it fit perfect - I wanted it shorter and not as a dress.

IMG_4173.jpg
LOVE IT!!!!! :lovestruc

I love hunting through Flickr when I'm looking for character costumes. Here's one of my daughter with Alice and the Mad Hatter:

2626319015_91fa5f90bf.jpg
So cute...!!!! I love seeing pics where the custom matches the characters!!!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: WOW!!! That is soo strange. I never washed my pink bandanas before I made my DD's custom. I have washed it since and nothing like that ever happened. The colors look hot still and no bleeding whatsoever. Here is the pic again from just last week when she wore it at Disneyland...after it had been washed. I am so sorry that happened to yours. Maybe it was just that particualr dye lot?? I am not sure??

DSC_3007t.jpg
(This is after the custom had been washed...)

0taylorx2.jpg

(This was taken right after I finished making it and I had not yet washed any of the fabric).

I think i have an idea for making the apron for the Alice dress, but I am not sure what it is supposed to look like in the back. Does it wrap around the back of the neck or are there straps that go down to the apron belt? Ugghh..just want to say I have finished one dress!!

Still waiting for my Vida patter...hopefully tomorrow so I can have my next project ready to start!

That McCalls pattern, and the one I made, buttons up behind the neck. The actual Alice in the park has straps that cross in back I believe....

I hate that!! My Joann's used to let you still use the coupon it was just off the regular price. They stopped about a year ago. Did anyone else have a Joann's that did that?? The clerks said they were one of the last ones that did it.

you can use the 40% off coupons online though for sale items - they take the 40% off the reg price. I bought some Halloween fabric that way online yesterday.

you can use the 40% off coupons online though for sale items - they take the 40% off the reg price. I bought some Halloween fabric that way online yesterday.

It's been a LONG time since my JoAnn's would let you do that.... I swear they put some of that stuff at 25% off just to KEEP you from using a coupon..... They cringe when they see me coming. Today I redeemed 17 coupons on one transaction......

What? Not only have they never let me use the coupon when it's on sale, they only let me use one coupon per transaction! I waste more money in gas going back and forth from that place.

I am confused by piece #5 (the side) - what exactly does grainline mean? Do I just cut my fabric in the rectangular piece of #5?:confused3:confused3

AND, do I really have to finish the edges of all my fabric?! OR can I just finish the edges as I sew the pieces together to save time?:confused3

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, but piece #5 isn't exactly straight up and down if I remember correctly.........so when I cut out those pieces I kind of have to "tilt" the pieces so they are straight (this only matters if the design on the fabric has a left and right pattern that would look crooked otherwise).

And before I had a serger I would cut out the pieces of what I was making and then zig zag around each piece before I sewed it together. And then once I sewed it together I went back over it and zig zagged it again. I just don't like the way the insides of things look if they aren't finished well. But, to be honest, I have skipped on that (the first zig zag anyways) if it was something my girls were only going to wear once or twice and I was in a hurry. But truthfully, it shouldn't effect the construction of the dress.

It's been a LONG time since my JoAnn's would let you do that.... I swear they put some of that stuff at 25% off just to KEEP you from using a coupon..... They cringe when they see me coming. Today I redeemed 17 coupons on one transaction......

My Joann's won't do that any longer either. Which stinks!

On the pink and blue Aurora dress.........I saw a VIDA on :wizard: that the front half was pink and the back was blue. On the main front and black panels it said "Make it Pink" and "Make it Blue" with a picture of the fairies. It was really cute!

What? Not only have they never let me use the coupon when it's on sale, they only let me use one coupon per transaction! I waste more money in gas going back and forth from that place.

You can use more than one coupon at a time if they are different. You just can't use 2 copies of the same coupon. Right now is coupon commotion. I have the ones they handed out in the store, the ones that were inside the mailer, the ones that were in the paper, even a Hobby Lobby coupon since they honor competitor's coupons. They were all different, but this was one of those odd occasions when I had LOTS of different ones.

They never have zippers on sale, but now I'm stocked up for a bit!

On the pink and blue Aurora dress.........I saw a VIDA on :wizard: that the front half was pink and the back was blue. On the main front and black panels it said "Make it Pink" and "Make it Blue" with a picture of the fairies. It was really cute!

I would love to see this! Can you PM me the link or the item number????

AimeeG had this happen too. She bought hers online too not from Hobby Lobby.

That is awesome! Thanks for the help! I'm sure I will be back with more questions since this is my first! Oh wait, I do have a question for you....I have made quite a few ruffles now but have never made one like that one that is under the bodice on your DD's dress. Can you please tell me how to do that? I don't have a serger. Do I need one?

Sure! I used an overcast stitch on my regular sewing machine on the edges, but you could always hem the edges too. I made the ruffle strip 2X the width of the bodice and ran a basting stitch down the middle (press the strip in half lengthwise to get a straight line to follow) pull the basting stitch to gather the ruffle and pin it in place. Attatch it by sewing it in the middle - remove your basting stitch after it is attatched. I put my ruffle on after the bodice was finished, but you could do it before and hide the ends in the side seams.

You have a crosswise grain and a lengthwise grain so when its telling you to place it on the grain it's just telling you to place it straight on the grain - not on an angle. (Maybe someone else can explain that better)

I don't finish my edges before I put it together. I finish them after the seams are sewn. They don't fray enough to finish them before. :)

Can someone tell me where I can order those bright pink bandanas that have Mickey and Minnie on them? i don't have a hobby lobby near me. Thanks!

Hey ladies, I have a question about the color of Alice's dress. Just how blue is it at the park? I bought what I *thought* was the right blue when I was at the fabric store yesterday, but now that I see photos of it online I think what I bought is too dark.

What I have is not royal blue, not navy, but not a pastel blue either. It's a really pretty blue, but I don't know if it's light enough. How light is her dress? Do I need to go more pastel?

I know it's hard to tell when you can't see my fabric. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter