Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Thanks for the welcomes! :)

I am hoping that I can keep up with ya'll.

This may end up being a full time job!!!!!

I have one question...hopefully I don't get mocked too bad.... lol

where can I find a somewhat easy pattern for a petti?

I go to Wal-Mart and take a nap and yall move and Claire's designs are gone!!! I am going to cry - I wanted so many of her designs, I just didn't have the money to get them until I really needed them:sad1: Stupid copyright stuff.

Anway - love the Jessie outfit.

I am finishing up an outfit right now and then I will post a picture later tonight. It has butt ruffles!!

Okay so this is my first time posting something here (other than questions). I'm by far NOT a sewer right now (trying to talk Hubby into getting me a sewing machine for christmas). So, i used a bonding "tape" to put the mickey head on the shirts. Then for the edging I used fabric paint. So, how did I do for a newbie...LOL (last trip i did all iron ons and they all ruined b4 we left).
IMG_0178.jpg

Okay so this is my first time posting something here (other than questions). I'm by far NOT a sewer right now (trying to talk Hubby into getting me a sewing machine for christmas). So, i used a bonding "tape" to put the mickey head on the shirts. Then for the edging I used fabric paint. So, how did I do for a newbie...LOL (last trip i did all iron ons and they all ruined b4 we left).
IMG_0178.jpg

You did a good job! How did your other shirts ruin? I did a combination of iron ons and appliques last trip, and we are all still wearing all of the iron on shirts with nothing ruined. (Still wearing the applique ones too.)

Have a wonderful day!

Darn it! I got left behind again! We got back from Disneyland late last night. We had a great trip but I am miserably sick right now! I'll post pictures when the meds are cooperating. :sick:

I've been trying to catch up on the new thread, but I keep getting an error message saying "503 service unavailable" when I try to load pages on certain threads. It happens off and on. Anyone else have this problem? It's happened on other threads too.....

Hi...can anyone join in? :)

My name is Kelly, and I live outside of Philadelphia, PA.

I'm definitely a beginner at sewing, but I've made a few curtains, and (simple)halloween costumes for my kids...so I'm not totally new.

I need a hobby that gets me away from Facebook games..... so I've decided to try to fill my time with sewing.

My kids are a little old for most of the things here, but I have a few little girls in my life that will LOVE some frilly skirts and dresses.

and since I see you are 3 pages in after a few hours..I KNOW I will not be able to keep up :lmao:

Hi Kelly - All are welcome here!! Do you like to sew? Even if your kids are too big, you could always join the Big Give projects we do here - its so fun making special things for children going on Make a Wish trips to Disney World!!!

Where are you? Im just south of Philly - right near the airport!!

You did a good job! How did your other shirts ruin? I did a combination of iron ons and appliques last trip, and we are all still wearing all of the iron on shirts with nothing ruined. (Still wearing the applique ones too.)

Have a wonderful day!

The iron ons just came off in the wash. they were ones from Michaels. I had 3 shirts survive disney, but one of them is coming apart here at the house now. I am thinking of doing one iron on this time and making it from Avery since everyone says those stand up.

Thanks for the welcomes! :)

I am hoping that I can keep up with ya'll.

This may end up being a full time job!!!!!

I have one question...hopefully I don't get mocked too bad.... lol

where can I find a somewhat easy pattern for a petti?

I'm not going to mock you, I promise - speaking of which, why do newbies think we're mean? we're very nice, actually.- but anyway, carla c did a pattern for youcanmakethis.com that's as good as it gets; but- and it's a big but (pardon the pun). The only unfinished project I have is a petti. it haunts my dreams at night. I had to hide it because I couldn't stand to look at it any more. So my advice is to not attempt one. And trust me, that's hard for me to say; because I would rather make almost anything than buy it. There are a couple of ladies who have conquered the petti and lived to tell the tale, but I'm certainly not the only one who would recommend buying one. and if you want a lead on possibly procuring one, you could maybe pm me and I might be able to point you in a good direction of someone starting w/ the letter T who is on this thread a lot and makes gorgeous stuff.

I was thinking this morning that I should get at least a couple modeled photos. :goodvibes

I'm loving all the skirts you've been whipping up!! Emily would love to madel for you ;)

Sorry for the repost but the moves get so crazy.

I finally recieved my Vida pattery & I'm ready to dive in, but I have a few questions.

I am very fond of the butt ruffles. (not the side ruffles) I can't modify that much yet.

Where do you start these butt ruffles on the back? Do you put them on before you sew the back & front together like the ones on the front of the dress?

Place your ruffle before you sew the back bodice to your middle panel. I start with the bottom ruffle just like I would if I was attatching a ruffle to the bottom panel (sandwiched between the middle and bottom panel, KWIM?) So I'd now have the middle and bottom panel stitched together with a ruffle at the bottom of the middle, and at the top of the bottom panels. Work your way up, and follow the curve that the Vida naturally has. My top ruffle is attatched just like the bottome ruffle is, sandwiched between the bodice and top of the middle panel. The just attatch your side panels like normal. That's how I do it anyway ;)

Here's a picture to give you an idea.

IMG_6901.jpg
IMG_6940.jpg

I'm here! I'm here! Did ya miss me? :cool1:

Since I did make the first page I will now post some things I made recently!

A top for a customer: It's the Cathy top/dress. I didn't know if I was going to like this pattern (no offense), but once it was made I love it! It goes together so easily and can be nicely appliqued on!
019.jpg

A CarlaC romper for my neighbors little girl. Great pattern!! And so easy!
020.jpg
021.jpg
Both outfits are just beautiful! Great job!

Awesome pic! Hannah looks too cool!

I bought this adorable "birdie" fabric from Me & My Sister :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
th_22113-14.jpg
th_22113-11.jpg
th_22112-15.jpg
th_22114-17.jpg

to make the Mia Top pattern I bought
th_The-MIA-Top-NO-14-1.jpg

...but....

1. After the fights I have had with the Emma top :headache: I am scared to leave Carla again

and

2. The Mia takes soooo much fabric for one top and I don't want all my fabric to be gone to one place....:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I need help....I can feel that I am developing a stash and by the time I use it Catie will be too old to want to wear anything I make :rotfl: What is a fabric addict to do??? And, you know, I totally blame y'all for this addiction :rolleyes1

MMM

I'm not going to mock you, I promise - speaking of which, why do newbies think we're mean? we're very nice, actually.- but anyway, carla c did a pattern for youcanmakethis.com that's as good as it gets; but- and it's a big but (pardon the pun). The only unfinished project I have is a petti. it haunts my dreams at night. I had to hide it because I couldn't stand to look at it any more. So my advice is to not attempt one. And trust me, that's hard for me to say; because I would rather make almost anything than buy it. There are a couple of ladies who have conquered the petti and lived to tell the tale, but I'm certainly not the only one who would recommend buying one. and if you want a lead on possibly procuring one, you could maybe pm me and I might be able to point you in a good direction of someone starting w/ the letter T who is on this thread a lot and makes gorgeous stuff.

1) I've never seen anyone be anything but kind and supportive here!

2) I'm with you on the petticoat thing. I sew all day every day, gowns, cloaks, my own wedding gown, made myself lined silk suits in my professional days working outside the home pre-kids...... but I buy petticoats when I need them!

IMG_0178.jpg

I think that is so fun! I love the colors and of course the Mouse!!!

Place your ruffle before you sew the back bodice to your middle panel. I start with the bottom ruffle just like I would if I was attatching a ruffle to the bottom panel (sandwiched between the middle and bottom panel, KWIM?) So I'd now have the middle and bottom panel stitched together with a ruffle at the bottom of the middle, and at the top of the bottom panels. Work your way up, and follow the curve that the Vida naturally has. My top ruffle is attatched just like the bottome ruffle is, sandwiched between the bodice and top of the middle panel. The just attatch your side panels like normal. That's how I do it anyway ;)

Thanks! The picture helped a lot. I think I've got it. We will see. If not, I'll beg for help again.

So I haven't been able to sew in ages...we're having to pack up most of our stuff for some home repairs, and then we're hoping to sell our house since we live in a clown car right now! And since my sewing workspace/storage was the dining room/kitchen, it had to go to storage too. :(

I have been having fun with the other sewing ladies though, I've been making shop logos and banners, and we've been taking pictures! Here's the latest from Jennie at Absolutely Handmade. Hannah had a blast doing this:

bubblessm.jpg

I've been missing y'all over here at the DIS but it feels like with 5 kids and 2 of them toddlers, I hardly have time to think!

What a great picture! So fun!! I love the colors in this set!

Since I did make the first page I will now post some things I made recently!

A top for a customer: It's the Cathy top/dress. I didn't know if I was going to like this pattern (no offense), but once it was made I love it! It goes together so easily and can be nicely appliqued on!
019.jpg

A CarlaC romper for my neighbors little girl. Great pattern!! And so easy!
020.jpg
021.jpg

What an adorable Jessie set! I just finished a Jessie dress! Love the applique!

The Bubble rompers are so cute too. I just love seeing chubby baby legs in those types of rompers!

Everyone here is so creative! Keep on creating and sewing!:cheer2:

Oh and I'm sure I'm driving everyone nuts with my multiple postings... I'll get the hang of that all in one posting at some point ;)

I think stripwork is easy, all you have to do is decide how long you want the skirt, cut that length selvedge to selvedge, then make the strips from that, the width of the strips is up to you, wider strips mean less cutting and fewer seams. 4-5 inches is a good place to start. The number of strips used determine how full the skirt is. My DD likes full, twirly skirts, so my final measurement usually comes to 15"x 90" that needs to be gathered onto the bodice...that's 15" cut twice off a single fabric if I'm not making strips. Make sense? There's probably directions in the bookmarks if it doesn't, and CarlaC has a pattern on YCMT.

Thanks, I think I will give it a try. I didn't check the bookmarks before posting so I will check before I start to cut. I couldn't think of anything else to do with the strips as it's a one way print and the pieces are too narrow for the front or back panel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter