Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Everything on here has been so beautiful to look at!! Great job!! Thought I would share the first of many Disney trip outfits to come for our next trip!! This is my DD's requested Octonauts outfit! My DD wasn't too keen on taking many pictures so only was able to snap a couple!
232323232%7Ffp635%3C4%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3562%3A%3B%3A6%3A434%3Anu0mrj
There are different Octonauts around the skirt totaling 6 and one on the top.
232323232%7Ffp635%3B7%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3562%3A%3B%3A6%3A534%3Anu0mrj

Thanks for looking!!
Never heard of the Octonauts but that set is cute. I guess my kids have outgrown those shows. Great job on the appliques!

I think either Divas doodles or Misskenzie Mac has them or it might of been cute by Kia. I saw them so far.

I'd like to do some sort of clothing project when I've finished with my heat pads/coin purses I'm making as gifts. What do you guys think would be the easiest, and cutest for a teen girl? I was thinking maybe a kimono style robe. How difficult is that, usually? Any recommendations on patterns?

I just have to say if I had never stumbled upon this thread, I would not have even considered my now-beloved PE-770. I have been working this week on this baby quilt for a friend's new daughter, and last night discovered that I can buy and download, for less than $1, quilting square patterns. CHANGED MY LIFE, not kidding. I "quilted" this in under an hour, most of the time was changing out the stabilizer and hoop. So amazing. I need to get a backing and intend to do a little more machine quilting on it, but so far I am loving it.

I am also hoping to get a handful of shirts made for my 5 year old nephew, he starts Kindergarten next week (eek!) and is insanely jealous of all the cute shirts his cousins are getting for our Disney trip. My brother is planning to take him to Disneyland for spring break (we have family in CA) so I might just have to tag along for that with my (no longer under-3 by then) duo. And of course, new clothes!

I just have to say if I had never stumbled upon this thread, I would not have even considered my now-beloved PE-770. I have been working this week on this baby quilt for a friend's new daughter, and last night discovered that I can buy and download, for less than $1, quilting square patterns. CHANGED MY LIFE, not kidding. I "quilted" this in under an hour, most of the time was changing out the stabilizer and hoop. So amazing. I need to get a backing and intend to do a little more machine quilting on it, but so far I am loving it.

I am also hoping to get a handful of shirts made for my 5 year old nephew, he starts Kindergarten next week (eek!) and is insanely jealous of all the cute shirts his cousins are getting for our Disney trip. My brother is planning to take him to Disneyland for spring break (we have family in CA) so I might just have to tag along for that with my (no longer under-3 by then) duo. And of course, new clothes!

Wow! This is beautiful!!

I'm trying to post this silly pic from my flickr account. Let's see if it works.

This is my first attempt at applique:

7748548092_2bb14959f5.jpg
[/url]
alien tea wallet by qpr_ra, on Flickr[/IMG]

It's on the cover of a tea-wallet for a co-worker who loves tea, aliens and had lent me a couple of books.

Not too bad for a first attempt, if I do say so myself.:thumbsup2

I'm trying to post this silly pic from my flickr account. Let's see if it works.

This is my first attempt at applique:

It's on the cover of a tea-wallet for a co-worker who loves tea, aliens and had lent me a couple of books.

Not too bad for a first attempt, if I do say so myself.:thumbsup2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23918679@N04/7748548092/in/photostream is the actual location, since I can't seem to get the thing to show up.

I had the same problem from flickr. When you click share, there is a radio button that says BBCode (vs html) make sure you click that, then it will post.

Ok WHERE did you find Octonauts?? I NEED this for my 3yo son!! Not the skirt, the appliqués hahaha. I was all set to have my friend in London send me a bunch of Octonaut stuff over including a lunchbox for school when I finally found one on Amazon but it cost me like $22 for a stupid lunchbox! Better be made of gold ;) PLEASE tell me where you got them!!! PLEASE!!

http://www.divasdoodles.com/shop/

they were right on the first page :) My little ones love that show too...its so cute!

Of course I love this! That's too bad that it didn't sell but hopefully your DD will enjoy wearing it. I'd want one in my size! :thumbsup2

I have been a SAHM for 2 years and it has been wonderful but I have an opportunity I can't pass up for a part-time job. I had the interview today and I should know by this weekend. I am really anxious about this and it'll be hard to go back to work but the money is very much needed. Any good vibes would be appreciated!

Also, if I get the job I am SO getting a Brother PE770!

:goodvibes Thanks

Congrats on the PT job. I went PT when DD9 was born. I love working only 2 days, though this week I had to cover for my coworker (she's at Disney) and worked almost 40hrs :faint: ----> but more money to buy fabric.

Looks great, sorry it didn't sell, I'm surprised though because it's awesome!!! Are you launching on Ebay or Etsy or your own site?

It's a launch that includes a bunch of designers on FB. There are a few from this thread:thumbsup2 But I do have my own fan page.... Mi Creations on FB

As for the outfit I am not too upset, one less to make for October.

Here are my launch sets:
th_P8030186.jpg

th_P8030190.jpg

Mine also did not get sold. I will list them on my fan page and maybe on my etsy site and see what happens. I was very sad that they didn't sell.

Those were so cute. The funny thing is people complain about not enough boy stuff, but then it never sells.

I'm 0-2 on the launch but that is alright, I really do have fun and thankfully my family isn't depending on me because we would all be poor :rotfl2:

Everything on here has been so beautiful to look at!! Great job!! Thought I would share the first of many Disney trip outfits to come for our next trip!! This is my DD's requested Octonauts outfit! My DD wasn't too keen on taking many pictures so only was able to snap a couple!
232323232%7Ffp635%3C4%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3562%3A%3B%3A6%3A434%3Anu0mrj
There are different Octonauts around the skirt totaling 6 and one on the top.

Great job on the hand appliqueing. I love Occupants but I will be crying when it comes on in the morning. My DS6 will be in school all day and that was one of the shows we watched when he got off the Kindergarten bus in the morning :sad: :sad: and I know my little one is going to miss him bigtime too :sad1:

Michelle...I was wishing that Haunted Mansion set was in my size....but then "pooh sized" ghost might be a bit of a problem..

Lynn

Okay, here is my first sewing project since I was like eleven :goodvibes

They are luggage tags for my mom and I to take on our trip to Disneyland!

th_DSCN08451.jpg

This is the front. They have a clear vinyl pocket, to slid a business card with your name and contact information in.

And this is the back. I love this fabric, it is too cute! :love:

Sorry these pictures are so big, I have no idea how to fix them :(

Great job on the luggage tags. Every year I want to make some but then I run out of time.

I love this set. I thought it was fabulous. Not sure why it didn't sell but you could try on any of the FB sites too :)

Thanks and that was sweet of you to share on your page. :goodvibes

And I love love love the colors in that Malicifent set. :love:

I do not know how to multi quote, but everything is amazing as usual! :goodvibes I especially love the Haunted Mansion dress and skirt set. I can't wait until I can make something like that for my daughter, but she's a chicken and I'm not sure I can get her to ride it, never mind wear HM apparel! :

MAN! It's a great set... sorry it didn't sell, I hope your dd enjoys wearing it!

]

WOW that is just beautiful.

This is really a wonderful group.
I remember when I first read a TR in 2008 and the girls had some cute matching dresses.... and well that was it. I tried sewing something for our 2009 trip and :crazy2: but I didn't give up.

So after my mom gave me her machine and I started following this thread and fell in love with appliqueing and sewing. And who know I had such a fabric addiction:rolleyes1

Hello DISers!

I am new to this specific forum and you guys seems like a fun bunch! I may have to stop by more often!

Anyway, I am interested in finding a Fairy Mary costume. Since she is not a popular character, finding one has been impossible. It was suggested in another forum that I ask here. Can anyone here point me in a direction where maybe I could find one? If this is an unacceptable request, please feel free to make fun of me and delete it. :duck: Thanks!

For those not familiar with Fairy Mary:
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/5512/49971/Meet_the_Fairies_(Movie)_Banner_1.png

This is for my costume at the Halloween Party in October. My daughter wants to be Silvermist, and feeling the need to dress up in a coordinating costume I think Fairy Mary would be much more age-appropriate (I am 37) than Tinker Bell.

Thank you!

Everything is so adorable. Love the Pooh fabric mixed with the bees! :thumbsup2 And Woody is fabulous...did you add the red plaid with a fabric marker?? Sew clever!

I have a Husqvarna smb. machine. It's not a H class, but possibly similar. I think you will be pleased with it. I :love: mine!

Thank you! And, yes, I used a fabric marker and a quilting ruler. Someone on this thread suggested it, but I don't remember who it was exactly!

So far I am loving my machine! I can't wait to get some additional thread in the mail so that I can really start making fun things! I'm so glad to hear you like yours!

Hello DISers!

I am new to this specific forum and you guys seems like a fun bunch! I may have to stop by more often!

Anyway, I am interested in finding a Fairy Mary costume. Since she is not a popular character, finding one has been impossible. It was suggested in another forum that I ask here. Can anyone here point me in a direction where maybe I could find one? If this is an unacceptable request, please feel free to make fun of me and delete it. :duck: Thanks!

For those not familiar with Fairy Mary:
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/5512/49971/Meet_the_Fairies_(Movie)_Banner_1.png

This is for my costume at the Halloween Party in October. My daughter wants to be Silvermist, and feeling the need to dress up in a coordinating costume I think Fairy Mary would be much more age-appropriate (I am 37) than Tinker Bell.

Thank you!

Do you sew ? That could be easy to make.

A green tank top and green leggings should be easy enough to find, cut the feet off of tights ?

$T2eC16VHJHwE9n8iiHT3BP5U633zw!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rasta-Impos...n-Plus-Size-18-24-/160830187118#ht_1585wt_932

or this one

5113fwb.jpg

http://store.costumealibi.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=1118790&CAWELAID=840753954

just add the leggings

Thanks! Those are good ideas! I am not very creative at putting costumes together. I sew quilts, but not clothing. Although, I could probably figure out how to cut off the bottom of leggings and sew a hem in the same shape in the picture.

I really like the light green one, although I wonder if I cut off all that extra tulle on the shirt and the sleeves? Have any ideas where I can find leggings that color? :)

Thanks! Those are good ideas! I am not very creative at putting costumes together. I sew quilts, but not clothing. Although, I could probably figure out how to cut off the bottom of leggings and sew a hem in the same shape in the picture.

I really like the light green one, although I wonder if I cut off all that extra tulle on the shirt and the sleeves? Have any ideas where I can find leggings that color? :)

Target has some in green. Forever 21 probably has some in stock too.

Your quilt is beautiful! I'd love to know how you made it and where you got bought the patterns for the quilting.

I'd like to do some sort of clothing project when I've finished with my heat pads/coin purses I'm making as gifts. What do you guys think would be the easiest, and cutest for a teen girl? I was thinking maybe a kimono style robe. How difficult is that, usually? Any recommendations on patterns?
Easy fit pajama pants are a terrific first clothing project. You can get the pattern on Youcanmakethis.com. They are so easy to sew even my girls have been making them for the last couple of years.

Those were so cute. The funny thing is people complain about not enough boy stuff, but then it never sells.

I'm 0-2 on the launch but that is alright, I really do have fun and thankfully my family isn't depending on me because we would all be poor :rotfl2:

Thanks! I really thought that a boys outfit would do ok since people do complain that there aren't enough boys things. Oh well, I agree with you that at least my family isn't depending on this income for us to eat. Otherwise I'd be a lot thinner than I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter