Discounted "part used" passes

Chris Kirkman

Earning My Ears
I am from the UK and visiting Florida later this year. I have heard that it is possible to buy passes which have unused and unexpired days left on them. I cannot find any references to these on web sites. Does anybody know anything about this and where I can find more info?
Thanks for any replies.
Chris Kirkman

I just watched a tv show the other night on this. It is illegal to sell partly used tickets to Disney. The show was on how people were buying these tickets from vendors in Florida and were getting to the parks and were being turned away - the tickets were no good. You are really taking a big chance on buying tickets this way. From what I've read there are also timeshare arrangements to buy tickets too which will take up a bunch of your valuable vacation time. If it were me I would try to save on your hotel costs - not take a chance on if those tickets are actually any good or not and possibly have your vacation ruined. Good luck. ;)

You can also find "unused" day tickets available on ebay, but I would NEVER purchase these as it is illegal to sell them. you also have no way of knowing if there are any days at all untill you get to the turnstile and it doesn't work. What a horrible way to fins out your vacation is ruined:(

The only way to know for certain how many unused days are left on a multi-day ticket is to have the ticket scanned by Disney - either at one of park entrances or at one of the guest services locations. If you purchase one of these tickets, you are counting on the integrity of the seller.

I agree with the above posters. Unless you know the seller very well, you are taking the risk of losing your $$. Disney may sympathize, but they will not refund your $$ or give you another ticket. IMHO, it's just not worth it.

Just wanted to share a story. I saw an auction (at that "e place") where the person was selling park hoppers with 2 days left. His auction was suddenly gone the next day...probably deleted because they (they being Disney or the auction site) don't allow such a practice. The next day the guy listed the auction again, but this time he listed them as 2 day park hoppers. No mention that they were actually 5 day hoppers with 2 days left.

So if you're buying passes from an auction and you want new tickets, be sure it says they're new or ask the seller. I wouldn't be happy to win used tickets thinking I had new passes. (Although I don't think the prices from auction are very good anyway.)

Hi,

I'm in the Uk and on a budget - I have checked out ebay - but most of these tickets go for roughly the same price as the cost of a day pass at the gate (times the number of days you are buying). The problem I think is that in the past the tickets were made of paper and so you could see what you were buying but these have been replaced by a magnetic swipe card (like switch) and you don't know what you are buying. I for 1 would hate to get to the gate with these cards and don't know whether I could get in. My wife would kill me! I like bargains and would suggest you look at mousesavers for dicounted tickets - one they mention is http://www.floridaorlandotickets.net/disney_park_hopper_pass.html - this allows you five days at the theme parks plus 4 days at the water parks. The good thing is that if you don't use all of the passes you can take them next time and get in. The offer finishes on 31st July 2001 and they'll post them to the UK for $25. - so from my point of view it's a matter of biting the bullet and stop thinking that there must be a cheaper way of doing this!

Hope this helps

Geoff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter