Discounts after tickets purchased???Help!!

nelle

DIS Veteran
Right now Midwest express is offering a discount where if you buy one ticket you can get up to five companion tickets for a lower price and it is good for travel thru Feb. I have already purchased tickets thru expedia for our dec trip on midwest express. Does anyone now how to apply the discounts to already purchased tickets? I read that somebody purchased tickets and then they went on sale and they were given a refund or voucher for the difference. How do you do this? Can I not do this since I bought through Expedia? Do I need to call the Airline? Anybody have any expierence doing this?
Sorry for all the questions I'm hoping to get a discount or some type of credit so we can go again in May and Oct (darn AP they burn a hole in my pocket and my wallet:rolleyes: ). I got the tickets for a decient price but every discount helps:) .
Thanks for the help and info.

Originally posted by nelle
Right now Midwest express is offering a discount where if you buy one ticket you can get up to five companion tickets for a lower price and it is good for travel thru Feb. I have already purchased tickets thru expedia for our dec trip on midwest express. Does anyone now how to apply the discounts to already purchased tickets? I read that somebody purchased tickets and then they went on sale and they were given a refund or voucher for the difference. How do you do this? Can I not do this since I bought through Expedia? Do I need to call the Airline? Anybody have any expierence doing this?
Sorry for all the questions I'm hoping to get a discount or some type of credit so we can go again in May and Oct (darn AP they burn a hole in my pocket and my wallet:rolleyes: ). I got the tickets for a decient price but every discount helps:) .
Thanks for the help and info.

I got this deal a couple months ago when they ran it in the summer. It's a GREAT deal. I would call Midwest Express about it. If they do anything, it will be providing vouchers. It can't hurt to call...

As far as I know you can only apply a discount to previously purchased tickets if you bought them directly from the airline. Usually the tickets that you buy through Expedia and Travelocity are not transferable/refundable and carry several restrictions. You could try Expedia and see if they can help and it can't hurt to call the airline too. I guess the worst they could say is no! Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I did call the airline and they said that the discount does not apply to tickets already bought, but they checked and now the tickets are $14 cheeper and did give me a voucher for the difference which isn't bad an extra $70 will buy a character meal:D . They also said to keep checking if the tickets drop more that they would give me the difference.
On a side note I asked what they are serving because my son is allergic to nuts and they said that they would make a special meal for him(it's still airline food:) )since the food they are serving has walnuts in it and they said that his seat and tray would be wiped down to hopefully remove any trace of nuts. So far this airline has been very accomidating.
Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter