Discounts on AP Renewals?

WDWrules

Earning My Ears
Hi! Does anyone know where to obtain a discounted rate on AP renewals? I know that the Disney Club offers discounted rates on APs and on AP renewals. Does anyone else? Just looking for the best possible renewal rate. Thanks for your help!

The Disney Club Card dosen't offer discounts on renewals. You will automatically get your renewal rate when you renew thru Disney, it isn't considered a discount, it is a renewal rate...If you don't renew prior to your anniversary date, you will not get the renewal rate. Deb Wills site has some info on the new procedures for the renewal www.wdwig.com/apass.htm the best way to renew is either go to guest services in person or call the annual pass phone line. Hope this helps...

Thanks! But are you saying that this mailing I just received, which quotes "Your Disney Club Renewal Price,' is really just showing the renewal price for anyone (i.e., not just Disney Club members)? The letter says, "...to celebrate, you save $35 off the price of an Annual Pass if you renew by your Anniversary date." Do you mean that everyone saves $35 by renewing by their anniversary date? Then it seems to me that this mailing is misleading, since it implies that you're getting a special Disney Club renewal price. Thanks again.;)

Maybe there is a tiny DC discount? My mailing shows an AP renewal price, with tax, of $316.94, while the Deb Wills site you referred me to shows an AP renewal rate of $327.54, or a $10.60 difference. Not much of a difference, that's for sure!

Yes, every one who renews by the anniversary date gets the renewal price. That is why they call it the "renewal rate". If you don't renew by that date, when you purchase new AP's you will be charged the new rate less a Disney Club discount. If the Disney Club has started a new discount that is news to me. Have you checked the actual Disney Site?? or the Disney Club site??? If so, I would like to know too!! Any savings is more spending money for us!!

Guess what .... it is new....they do have a Disney Club Discount on the renewal rate.....I found it on this link www.intercot.com/parkpasses/passes/default.asp it shows the rates you are quoting....boy I am glad I answered your post, now I know I will be saving more when my renewal is up in October.... Still need to renew by anniversary date though to get renewal rate!!!
I owe you an apoligy & a big Thank You.....LOL......

:pinkbounc :bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :pinkbounc

You do get a DC discount on AP renewals. Using DC, you save $10.60 ($10 plus 60 cents tax)

The undiscounted renewal rate is $309 (or $327.54 with 6% FL sales tax).

The Disney Club renewal rate is $299 (or $316.94 with tax).

To the best of my knowledge, there is no other discount on APs.

FWIW, the undiscounted AP rate is $349 (without tax) and the DC AP rate is $334 (Without tax). Thus, if you renew with DC discount, you save $35 (plus the 6% tax on the $35). If you renew without DC, you save $40 (plus the 6% tax on the $40 you don't pay).

More than anyone wanted to know, right??? :D

PS. Here's the link to ticket prices in case anyone wants to check my math: ;)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm

My new found money didn't last long.... and here I thought I was going to save some extra money. I should have read further down on the second link I posted & I would have seen it sooner....I am a Fl Resident Seasonal Pass holder & we don't get the Disney Club disount on our renewals. My renewal price will be the same with or without the DC discount..... Oh well ..... I still get a great price so I can't complain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter