Discounts?

dianelevene

Earning My Ears
I was looking at the SW website to try and buy tickets. I could not find the buy one day at the park, get the 2nd day free feature. Does anybody know what has happened to it? I also people writing about one day passes for 20% off but I could only find 10% off. Should I just buy the funcard? We are planning to go to SW the day we arrive in Orlando in mid-July. We will probably arrive there in the early afternoon and I plan to stay until early evening. Will it be terribly crowded? I have two little ones who will be 2 and 3 at the time of our visit. Do I need tickets for both of them or just my older child? Thanks for any advice you can give me!
Diane

Hi I think under 3's are free I know thats true of Disney and Universal so assume same for sea world:)

Under three is free.

As for discounts, they used to have the 20% off advance 21-day purchases but that ended last month. I have no idea if it will come back or not.

However, here in Miami I just got back from Wendy's where -- lo and behold -- they have $10 off coupon for Sea World (or Busch Gardens). That's about 20% off the adult ticket and actually closer to 25% off for the kid tickets.

I imagine this might be going on at most Florida Wendy's (the coupon has no blackout dates, it expires at the end of 2003).

Thanks for the info about the Wendy's coupons. I have some Florida relatives. I will ask them to check out the Wendy's near them for the coupons.

My Floriday relatives checked into the discount coupones. They said that one coupon was good for up to 6 people.

Does anyone have one of these coupons they could send me? Please PM me if you do.

Thank you!!

Wow, $10 off is a great deal! I tried the Wendy's here, but of course they don't have them. Does anyone have an extra coupon? Please?:rolleyes:

Hey,

The Wendy's coupon sound like a great deal. Is this available all over FL. We could stop in Gainsville or somewhere off the Interstate on the way down. Also does it come with a meal or any purchase? Thanks for any info.

I don't know if they are available all over Florida. My relatives are near Cape Canaveral. Also, just found that the Entertainment book has a coupon for $5 off each ticket you buy. Of course you can't combine the Wendy's discount with the Entertainment book but if you can't find one, maybe you can find the other. Also, I did hear that any one in the armed forces (active, reserves or retired) is entitled to a FREE ticket!

Well, if they are giving them out down here in Miami I'm sure they have them up in Gainesville. The only problem is that while they don't expire until 12/31/03 I have no idea how long they will be handing them out.

For the record, I'll be going to Sea World AND Busch Gardens next month so after being pleasantly surprised earlier this week with the coupon I went back today and wasn't given one. When I asked if they still had them the lady tending to the drive-thru lane went back, grabbed some and handed them over.

So don't forget to ask for the coupon. It's not just a $10 off coupon. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption. So, hey, you save money AND help out a good cause (a lot of people don't realize that Wendy's Founder Dave Thomas was an orphan).

Like I said, I've got a few extra ones from the cashier. I'm in a charitable mood too so e-mail me and I should be able to take care of the first 7-8 who need the coupon.

One coupon is good for up to 6 guests.

And, incidentally for those who might not know of the best discount at Sea World -- teachers get in for free (you need to bring a pay stub, a teaching certificate and a photo ID).

Wow, those sure went fast. If you e-mailed or PM'd me, I've got you covered (check your PM or e-mail if you didn't leave me an address).

If I manage to snag some more coupons next week I'll make the same offer -- but for any other "locals" out there, take this as a call to arms to race out to Wendy's and help your fellow DIS family members.

a money saver for me anyhow. I saw on the SW website that they have a platinum pass. It's good for 2 years and costs $269. I think I'm gonna get this for my Sept. trip. It works out for me because it also include:

2yrs. admission for SW of Florida (be there in Sept), San Diego (be thre in Dec.), San Antonio, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Tampa, and Sesame Place (usually take 1-2 trips there each summer)
Also includes free parking, 50% off one other ticket when I buy the pass and 20% off all other tickets, 10% off food and merchandise plus a lanyard and pin.

I already figured out what my expenses would be from June of this year through my Dec. trip. Costs without the pass would be approx. $557; cost with the pass $620. So for the $63 difference I still have 1 1/2 years left on my pass. And I know I'll be back to some of those parks again next year.
Made me a happy camper!:)
Terri

I agree Terri. Platinum is really the best route to go if you travel around. We make too many visits to Sea World, Busch Gardens Tampa and Adventure Island to count anymore. We are going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country the first week of June and go at least once a year. Free parking there, no admission fee, ability to reride Alpengeist, Loch Ness, Big Bad Wolf and Apollo's Chariot. It really saves on our vacation costs. Monthly billing helps out too when you have 4 passes to buy.

Hello Paris or any other Wendy's patrons from FL--
If anyone else gets ahold of any more$10 off coupons, please let me know. We are planning our first trip 8/19 and I missed the boat on the 20% 0ff last month.
Thanks in advance!

Hey if anybody gets an extra $10 0ff coupon for Sea World, let me know. My Florida relatives could only find $5 off in their area. I guess they are using different promotions in different areas. Thanks!

Went to the local Wendys in Nashua, NH and no luck but,
as I posted on the BUDGET BOARD $ 5 off coupon in the flyer with the sunday paper FUGI/SEA WORLD COMBO.

ENJOY!

Don't you love " THE POWER OF THE MESSENGER"!

Paris

I just found this thread. Do you think that you have an extra coupon. It would really make my day. If its to late thank you anyway. I love when we all help each other out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter