Discover Cove Sunscreen?

seobaina

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere that DC like you to use only there sunscreen creams. Is this right? Do we have to buy them? Thank you.

From what I heard, they give you the suntan lotion and this is included in the price you pay. Please tell us all about your trip when you return!!! Have a great time!

You can only use the sunscreen supplied by Discovery Cove - this ensures the protection of the animals.

Remember you'll be in close contact with most, if not all, the species at DC. Most sunscreens are not sealife friendly, so to remove all risk, DC enforce use of theirs and none others.

They say they give you a small supply and you can buy more there. I enquired with Panama Jack about the type of sunscreen offered to see if I could buy some in advance since I'll need some on this trip before I go to Discovery Cove but they claim it's made exclusively for DC. Does anyone know how big of a supply they give you? Also how much it costs to buy more in the park?

I don't know how much any extra would cost. We were there this week and each person gets a mesh bag with a mask, snorkel and a sample-size sunscreen. It's very thick and a little goes a long way. I really didn't like it though. It's very greasy and so thick it's hard to spread it out. It's in a little envelope with a tear-off top, which is a problem since you can't recap it, but you don't want to throw it away since there is leftover for use later in the day. I ended up burned since I wasn't as diligent with it as I should have been. Also, it was kind-of cool and partly overcast, but you can never be too careful with the Florida sun!

I hated it I put some on my face and it wouldnt rub in so I looked like casper all day.
There is no way they would ever know what sunscreen you were using all they can do is recomend you use your sample.

I am allergic to certain types of sunscreen and it has to hypo allergenic is this the type they supply or am I going to be itching all week after my visit to DC?

My guess...and it's only my "guess" is that the sunscreen they have at DC is probably made so that it is ok for extremely sensitive skin...seeing it is okay for the dolphins. I would think???

I Use banna boat for kids which is free of dyes and perfumes I had put it on before we left, and then just used a little of their kind and I dindt burn,
I didnt want to hurt the fish either but I couldnt have just used the sample,because I didnt like how it spread, it would have taken me an hour to rub it all in

wendy_uk said:
I am allergic to certain types of sunscreen and it has to hypo allergenic is this the type they supply or am I going to be itching all week after my visit to DC?
One of my DDs is allergic to most sunscreens but she was fine with DC's. Although we are all very fairskinned we found there was ample in the sachet but if not ask for more. We didn't get sunburn with it either but then we did find we spent most of the day snorkelling with full wet suits on. :)

They will give you as much as you need. It is very gloopy though and a little goes a long way.

We used what they gave us and yes it doesn't rub in very well but it seemed to protect us ok.

Wow! Did you ever speak with anyone that works there about the sunscreen and why it's not working for you??? I'm going in August and I certainly don't want to get "burnt to a crisp"! :rolleyes2 :sad2:

Note to anyone going to Discovery Cove - the sunscreen they provide DOES NOT WORK. Everyone in our group applied it every hour at least, and we all got horribly burnt. LIke blistering skin within hours. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter