• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discovery Cove

Eve1

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am going to Discovery Cove with my family in 4 weeks, can't
wait. I want to know if you wear either a wet-suit or jacket all day. Do you change at all either to visit the aviary or to stop for lunch? Also I'm not a very strong swimmer but my husband and children are, will I be able to join in all the activities with them?
Thanks.

For the aviary, there is a walk in entrance as well as the swim in one ( although the swim is definately more fun) so you don't HAVE to wear your swim jacket into that part of the park. Lunch you can take off your life vest and eat in comfort. Obviously you don't have to wear your life vest when you're sunbathing either. It's really just when swimming in the various pools that you need to wear your vest. I'm not sure if it's needed in the stingray lagoon ( as this is only 3 feet deep) for adults or in the shallow freshwater swimming lagoon.

Also I'm not a very strong swimmer but my husband and children are, will I be able to join in all the activities with them?
The life jackets/wet suits are very bouyant. In fact, I found that they made it tough to dive down in the coral reef when I wanted a closer look.

You should have no problem with enjoying all aspects of Discovery Cove.

You have to wear the life vests whenever you are in the water. It is so that the lifeguards can keep track of you. You will enjoy yourself. My son and I went last October and he wants to go again.

We just returned from a trip to Discovery Cove. My daughter, mother and I chose the life vest while my son had the wetsuit. We kept them on the whole time and were not uncomfortable. You can take them off or just unzip the vests but we chose to keep them on so we wouldn't have to carry them. My kids and I did the dolphin swim with these and they are very bouyant. My mother is not a swimmer and wanted to swim with us. She went and got another jacket which is more like a lifejacket which kept her quitye bouyant so she was able to float around with us.
I will be posting a report soon after I get my notes together, hopefully by tomorrow. If you have any questions let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter